LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Special Requests

Post by Kip »

I have been informed by Wera that if you would have a special request for a serial number for a C8 or some other model, you should email her at ...... wera@christopherward.co.uk or contact her through the website at customer service. They will accomodate where they can.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Thallium
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Re: Special Requests

Post by Thallium »

I can verify this. I e-mailed them yesterday via the contact form and just got a response from Wera.
WatchLove_OS
Expert
Expert

Post by WatchLove_OS »

Just emailed Wera now! Wonder how many orders have been put through already!?

Also, how do the serial numbers work? Can you choose a random number? Or is there a range for e.g. "0-100" allocated upon availability? COuld you have your birthdate i.e. 120282 for e.g.?

I have been bothering Wera with this! Soorryyyyy Weraaaa
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

WatchLove_OS wrote:Just emailed Wera now! Wonder how many orders have been put through already!?

Also, how do the serial numbers work? Can you choose a random number? Or is there a range for e.g. "0-100" allocated upon availability? COuld you have your birthdate i.e. 120282 for e.g.?

I have been bothering Wera with this! Soorryyyyy Weraaaa
I don't think you could get your birthdate. In general, the serial numbers will start with 1 and increment by 1 just like you would expect. There will be a range, and I am not sure if they even always know what the top number will exactly be at the time. Like maybe they plan to make 200 in a run, but maybe some parts don't get through quality control so they end up with less watches and don't quite make it to serial number 200. Maybe they end up stopping at 193. Then for the next run they would start at 194 and continue. That is all a guess on my part because that seems like the way it has worked in the past. There were times when I requested a certain serial number and they said I could have it only to discover later that they won't have the number for a while. They did reserve it for me and when they got to it, I did get it. But with the availability of movements (or lack thereof), that can be a long wait.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
Mark
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Mark »

That's right, I enquired about perhaps reserving the last 4 of my army number, but they haven't looked beyond 200 yet.
CWL C8, C6, C3. Seiko 6309, 007. MKII Seafighter OCN. Steinhart Nav B Uhr.
WatchLove_OS
Expert
Expert

Post by WatchLove_OS »

Cheers Mark and Joe! Have cleared it up with Wera - whos VERY helpful!
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

WatchLove_OS wrote:Cheers Mark and Joe! Have cleared it up with Wera - whos VERY helpful!
Can you share what she told you so we can all know for sure how it works?
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
WatchLove_OS
Expert
Expert

Post by WatchLove_OS »

joerattz wrote:
WatchLove_OS wrote:Cheers Mark and Joe! Have cleared it up with Wera - whos VERY helpful!
Can you share what she told you so we can all know for sure how it works?
Sorry, that info is confidential! JUST KIDDING! Sorry - didnt know how much I was allowed to say!

Well basically she said choose a number between "2-200", email her, and she will check its availabilty!

Thats the crux of it!