LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: CWL August Launch Info

Post by Kip »

Terminator 2 wrote:Heres the answer. Guess who owns this ???

www.christopherward.us

Our very own Mr Ward.

Aye there is no hiding place because The Terminator always gets his man.

:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The results of the hunt have proved fruitful my good man!!!!
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Ollsbols
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Ollsbols »

Terminator 2 wrote:
Chris has been too slow with domains. Believe it or not even http://www.christopherwardlondon.com is owned by a guy from bloody Preston in Lancashire.

Why on earth would a guy called Ashwar from bloody Lancashire want that domain name. To make money if you ask me. I hope Chris doesnt give them it.

:roll:
I would question if there is some sort of 'passing off' or copyright issue. His look and feel are very similar, images are similar if not copied from Chris' site and it looks like he has stolen some text. The quality is low and I would say cheapens the CW brand. I know he does say in some small print it is not the real site but that means very little in these cases. A half decent copyright/IP lawyer would take that guy to the cleaners and rightly so.
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Terminator 2 »

Ollsbols wrote:I would question if there is some sort of 'passing off' or copyright issue. His look and feel are very similar, images are similar if not copied from Chris' site and it looks like he has stolen some text.
You know something, I never actually checked the link. I just presumed it would be dead. Now what on earth is that website all about? Is it simply a CWL fan or is it an attempt to ride on CWL's coat tails and get income via the amazon links etc. Or is a using that domain name as a CWL affiliate which gives him a share from refferals. All his CWL links go straight back to the official website. Very odd indeed and the domain name is certainly not registered to Chris or CWL.
zach471
Senior
Senior

Post by zach471 »

Anyone else having any problems with his site?

I was surprised that the C8 came in at under 10mm thick. This is really going to cause wearability problems... almost like a pancake. Still, looks nice.
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes

Post by Lamps »

That site is offering most if not all the watches £10 less that the the real CWL site, but none of the links work.
No forum either, but if there I'd guess members would include names like Tarminator2, Limppo and Kap.
What is that site doing??????????
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Terminator 2 »

lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote:What is that site doing??????????
Its riding on the coat tails of CWL. Its there to make money from referrals. Although the links do take you to the CWL website they are going through http://www.awin1.com which is an add click site. The prices are well out of date because nobody has bothered their butt to update it.

If I was Chris I would do something about it. The design of the site although out of date closely resembles the style CWL used in the past. It prominently displays the CWL logo and the fact it has the domain http://www.christopherwardlondon.com makes it seem even more official. Although its not a con because it does take you to CWL in the end it is very sneaky. There is a very small disclaimer on the site

This is NOT the official Christopher Ward Web Site. It is just a reflection of the products on sale. To see the actual site

but you have to look for it. Also as the prices are wrong could p*ss off a potential CWL customer who goes to the official site to then find the prices are higher and blame CWL for an error.

Mr Ashwar from Preston Lancashire is needing a lawyers letter to stop him using that url in this manner. I dont for one minute think that the site is there purely as a fan site.
Ollsbols
Junior
Junior

Post by Ollsbols »

No update yet..... They had problems with the new website etc over the weekend. Apparently they were due to get it up and running lunchtime ish. Am getting so impatient and too over excited.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes

Post by Kip »

Ollsbols wrote:No update yet..... They had problems with the new website etc over the weekend. Apparently they were due to get it up and running lunchtime ish. Am getting so impatient and too over excited.
It appeared that there were several attempts last night at upgrading the website. So far no good.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Phone the order line!
I spoke to a nice lady there earlier today who was only too happy to relieve me off my hard earned cash in return for a C8 :D
Roll on the end of August!
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Ollsbols
Junior
Junior

Post by Ollsbols »

Just spoken to a lovely chap, Neil at CW. He is saying the new site will be up in a couple of days. Usual technical issues.
Stefaan
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Stefaan »

Kip wrote:I expect that those prices will be accurate as everything is in the final stages.
I hope Chris will manage to correct those ghastly "it's" on page 5 ("... inner-case which surrounds it's fine Swiss ...") and page 17 ("... alligator and is sure to become as popular as it's cousin,..."). Making fine watches is no excuse for murdering the English language, and it's worse if perpetrated by an Englishman priding himself in producing English designs :) :).
Thallium
Junior
Junior

Post by Thallium »

Oi. With no website available for the C8, I might miss getting my C8 Blackhawk. Hopefully the new site is up soon.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes

Post by Kip »

Thallium wrote:Oi. With no website available for the C8, I might miss getting my C8 Blackhawk. Hopefully the new site is up soon.

Email Wera or customer service to reserve one.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Thallium
Junior
Junior

Post by Thallium »

Kip wrote:
Thallium wrote:Oi. With no website available for the C8, I might miss getting my C8 Blackhawk. Hopefully the new site is up soon.

Email Wera or customer service to reserve one.
Heh, I wish I had thought of that earlier. E-mail sent! :D
flashman
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by flashman »

Stefaan wrote:
Kip wrote:I expect that those prices will be accurate as everything is in the final stages.
I hope Chris will manage to correct those ghastly "it's" on page 5 ("... inner-case which surrounds it's fine Swiss ...") and page 17 ("... alligator and is sure to become as popular as it's cousin,..."). Making fine watches is no excuse for murdering the English language, and it's worse if perpetrated by an Englishman priding himself in producing English designs :) :).
Well said Stefaan. We must maintain standards :)