LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

CWL August Launch Info

Post by Kip »

News directly from Chris....

"Here we go.....

From Aug 1st .....all production is being made in Switzerland..... most of Switzerland is on holiday until Mid August...so deliveries will start soon and start flowing in earnest around the end of August in readiness for the holiday season etc.......

The first new model off the block will be the C8 pilot..... an email is due to go out to our customers and newsletter subscribers on Monday morning giving them an early bird discount of 5% and deliveries will be around end August.....

The same applies with the forum....and there is an exclusive code CWFPILOT which does the same... you can get this up on the forum as soon as.... the 5% discount will live until end august.....

Due to exchange rates / Swiss made etc discounts will be a little more difficult to fund in the short term but exclusive offers and rewards through the forum will continue and is in our thinking.....

Following on from this we then have a phased programme of launches.....

The c8 will be followed...(1 week later approx) with the Lido’s (W2 and C2)

Then the Henleys (C15 and C13)

Then the rapides (c7 and W7)

Then the diamonds- Miro and L’Ovale (R9 T9)

In amongst the new collections ...new models will appear in the current ranges...the most notable being the introduction of rose gold across all the dress watches.....

On top of that.... we will be producing a new catalogue for mail out on sept 1 ....and we are working on a US version for Mid October ...together with a mirror US site... as a trial/test... this will be marked up in $ and transact directly in $ ..... feedback in advance welcome from across the pond.....

Some documents can be viewed / downloaded from

http://www.lankyfreak.co.uk/cover.pdf

http://www.lankyfreak.co.uk/brochure.pdf

http://www.lankyfreak.co.uk/inserts.pdf

that’s it for now

regards Chris"
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
samleech
CW-watches: 2

Re: CWL August Launch Info

Post by samleech »

Hi Kip

News at last!!

Are the prices in the brochure the ones we can expect?

Cheers

Sam
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I expect that those prices will be accurate as everything is in the final stages.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Ollsbols
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Ollsbols »

Agh! Cannot view the docs. What is the C8 price?
Daz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Daz »

8)
samleech

Post by samleech »

Thanks Kip

I'll have to see whether my wife will let me spend £237 on a C8.

Sam
Thallium
Junior
Junior

Post by Thallium »

Oh yes. The C8 Black Hawk will be mine!
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Damn glad I bought mine today then. £20+ price hike on everything across the range by the looks of the brochure.
Mark
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Mark »

Oh dear. The Rapide looks great. The C8 looks greater.............I'm in BIG trouble
CWL C8, C6, C3. Seiko 6309, 007. MKII Seafighter OCN. Steinhart Nav B Uhr.
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Terminator 2 »

The prices shown puzzle me in the extreme. In that brochure it lists every Alligator version as £100 more than the standard version. Whats that all about ??? Chris will not be selling many of those I fear. Thats way too high a premium for an Alligator strap. Take the lowly C3 in steel for instance. Go for that with the Alligator and its at £250. Go for gold and your at £350. Thats a lot of money for a C3 QUARTZ in capital letters. For a quartz I dont think so.

Going over a £200 is certainly a dangerous price level for a quartz and virtually all the new releases are over that benchmark. Only the C8 is an auto. Okay the credit crunch is biting but my recent Seiko Monster Auto purchase reminds me that there are still great buys to be had for well under £200. Chris is either a brave man or he knows something I dont. I dont want to sound negative at this important time but Swiss Made or not Im not convinced with those prices.
zach471
Senior
Senior

Post by zach471 »

It is really funny to see my quote on the first page of that brochure. When people search my name on the internet, it's one of the first thing that comes up. People ask me about that all the time.
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

I notice in the brochure that the mavern Aviator C5 has an ETA 2824-2 movement/sellita?

What is that all about?
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
flashman
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by flashman »

[quote="Terminator 2"]The prices shown puzzle me in the extreme. In that brochure it lists every Alligator version as £100 more than the standard version. Whats that all about ???

I thought it was a mistake when I saw this myself, but obviously not. I just don't get it; :? premium brands charge high prices for straps, but this seems a bit wrong for CWL's value focused approach. Credit crunch cuts both ways too and at such a premium there might be a problem; for many people these prices are actually, relatively high. You'd be better off getting one and putting your own strap on it I reckon, as you can pick up alligator straps for a fraction of this. I think I noticed stowa recently offering strap upgrades to alligator, but not anything like this expensive if memory serves. Lack of auto's is dissapointing but expected. I'm not totally anti quartz, but prices for quartz are high as well, as per T2's comments which I agree with, incidently. Sorry if it sounds like I'm p*ssing on anyones chips...just honest observations. Watch sizes too big for what I like in the main, but again expected, not a complaint, it's a matter of taste so good luck to those who like bigger watches; my limits 42mm. C8 looks good, but too big for my taste although many like 'em that way these days, as noted. In fact C8 looks the best value watch as well. It is a lot of watch for the money, soft iron inner and anti shock- my spitfire has those features so well done to Chris; the C8 is a good 'un and no mistake. Anyone buying it has a bargain. C7 looks good, but I'd like to get the hard copy brochure in my hands to look at it some more before diving in. C2 - shame it's a quartz. An auto may have tipped me over just enough to buy it, I think it's very elegant. C3 in rose gold with a black strap would look great, but don't want another C3. I'll probably hang back on any purchase as I think a lot of these will be on offer some time next year and I'm in no rush. I'm not exactly a pauper, but I don't chuck the stuff about either. That black monster has appeared on the forum at the wrong time in a way (but a good time for me, thanks T2...) - it's a brilliant peice of kit for the money at a fantastic price. I don't really need another utility watch, but I ordered one at 0700 this morning. Now that's what I call value... 8)
Dazmb
Junior
Junior
Location: Lincolnshire, East Midlands, England, Great Britain

Post by Dazmb »

I think the basic prices are fine, as long as the extra costs are outweighed by a swiss quality premium. Although £325 for the C8 Black Hawk seems steep. That appears to be a £75 premium for the IPK plating on the case?

What is disappointing (for me anyhow) is that the initial new watch releases are not blowing me away for some reason.

I'm not a fan of square case watches, so the Henleys are not my thing. And I would only be interested in a C2 auto, not a quartz. The C7 I do like a little bit, but IMO it doesn't have that big hefty 'man's watch' wow factor like the C4 does, or the nice dressy style of the C3. Just my taste preferences here of course, and don't get me wrong it's smart & good looking piece but I find this style a bit too subtle and confusing. Almost like it doesn't know what kind of watch style it wants to be, so it's decided to sit on the fence with a half-hearted dressy/sporty/bling combination. Oh, and it looks very similar to the Longines Grand Vitesse!

To that end I think the W7 version looks fab (especially in the SRW silver/rose combo). It has made it's mind up to be very 'in your face', and the style works very well accordingly.

Which is nice for the ladies, but not that much use to me as a guy :)

Doubtless the new kids will grow on me, and I'll wait and hope for some more autos. One other thing we are missing in the preview brochures is any pictures of the casebacks. It would have been nice to see the C8's backside.
«::M::» «::Y::» «:: ::» «::W::» «::A::» «::T::» «::C::» «::H::» «::E::» «::S::»
Christopher Ward C6T3LE #203
flashman
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by flashman »

Hi DazMB,

Agree with a lot of what you say, but I still think the £100 for the strap upgrade is too much.
Same reaction as you to the squares; not that into them. If I ever do get one it will have to be just right and neither of these two are. Same reaction re C2; an auto would probably have reeled me in because it's a fine looking watch. C8 looks great value though overall; ironically, though I take your point re black hawk, I actually think this is still amazing value when you look at what you get for your £325; it's built to a high spec; I'm gutted tha the thing is 44mm. I just don't like watches quite that big.. :(