CW Swiss Production Starts August 1

News related to Christopher Ward Watches
Thallium
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Re: CW Swiss Production Starts August 1

Post by Thallium »

I know for a fact that the moment CW starts taking pre-orders for the C8, that I'll be pulling out the credit card and signing up. Unless the price increases are dramatic (say double) I'll still be a CW loyalist.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Good show Thallium!!! Glad to here it. You may skip your Tuesday treatments...
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Received an Email from Chris tonight! He has answered several of the questions being asked here and has thrown in a couple of other tidbits.... Hope you find it interesting....for your reading pleasure..

"Hi Kip

Re Swiss made

Some pointers

1. Generally Swiss made will mean improvements in all areas…for example…alligator straps will be Louisiana Alligator

2. Bracelets will have ½ links

3. Deployments will be quick release

4. Leather straps will be fitted to cases on certain models

5. Cases will be engineered to higher specification

6. Being closer to home we have more flexibility in production/assembly

7. Packaging will be improved over time as we run down current stocks

8. AND most importantly we will have access to more movements….for example, Unitas/sellita and Valjoux … swatch group have already cut off supply to F.East and Ronda are edging that way too

Pricing is not yet finalised but prices would go up anyway with general inflation and the cost of movements, the cost of gold and steel is also there for everybody to see….

However we will maintain our positioning in terms of value and are striving to achieve as small an increase as possible….

For example we expect the c5swt to be around £195 , c8 around £250…but this will be a lot of watch for the money

So don’t be swissled still applies….. you still wont to pay for thousands for the equivalent watch…however now the knockers cant sat…ah yes but its made in china….now it’s a level playing field the gloves are truly off….

Regards C "
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
Location: Mid-Sussex, just North of South Downs National Park

Post by Uncle Bill »

Thanks Kip (and thank you CW) - the points at 6 and 8 are what I was thinking. Prices are going to rise over a whole lot of products. As with everyone else, the world and UK economy will have a role in future plans I'm sure. The British Chambers of Commerce's (BCC) quarterly report indicates from small business' feedback that the risk of recession within the next few months is high. I wish CW the very best of luck and success at a dificult time, and I'm sure that we will all support him with a positive attitude...UB
Let us hope all politicians are masochists, that they may truly enjoy our fondest wishes...
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by El Tiempo »

Interesting he says they'll have more access to movements. This is def good. Also good that the Far East has been cut off. While the near future economy may not be so rosy for many, things seem to be slowly playing into CW's hands.
bydandie
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by bydandie »

The new prices look brilliant to me. Chris is correct when he says that the C8 is a lot of watch for the money - compare the price of the C8 with an IWC, Sinn and/or Damasko and you have a bargain. I don't know of any other watch in the sub £500 range that has an anti-magnetic cage (Although I stand to be corrected). To get a swiss made C5 with the level of movement decoration for under £200 is simply unreal. As Chris says - the gloves are truly off! 8)
Have - quite a few
Want - not too much
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7

Post by Hans »

This is all very promising, I can't wait!!
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by rcherryuk »

OK,

One question, when can I get my C8??? :lol:

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
rygel16th
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by rygel16th »

rcherryuk wrote:OK,

One question, when can I get my C8??? :lol:

Rob
I can't wait but I also don't want to the day to arrive when I've got to decide anti-magnetic or movement window. Aaaaarrgh!! :D
Uncle Bill
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
Location: Mid-Sussex, just North of South Downs National Park

Post by Uncle Bill »

Have one of each, with different straps...That saves the choice of watch...now, which strap shall I have? ...and which strap with which watch...and which days will I wear which watch...and which strap will go with which jacket...rubber room, please...UB.. :-k
Let us hope all politicians are masochists, that they may truly enjoy our fondest wishes...
leebman
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 2

Post by leebman »

I'm looking forward to the first to roll off the swiss production line and seeing the difference better cases for the watches is will make a great deal of difference to the look and feel of the watches, not looking forward to the price hike though but you get what you pay for! My eyes will be fixed on the gallery as these watches arrive then I'll be ordering no doubt! :D
Russ-Shettle
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Russ-Shettle »

Wow Kip,

I just read CW's response for the first time. I almost couldn't believe what I read. I'm becoming more enthusiastically inspired. From the movements he pointed out along with all the rest, it looks like he is answering the call to all of our mechanical maniacs including me. It will be a while yet, I'm sure but I'm looking forward to it.

Russ
milhouse

Post by milhouse »

I’m looking forward to ordering a C8 when they become available. Hopefully they'll take advantage of some of the "Swiss" benefits.

I wonder if the C5s coming in late August will be produced in Switzerland?
flashman
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by flashman »

I only just saw this post, been away and very busy over the last couple of weeks, so no time for browsing the forum :( . What great news from Chris, movements, better cases, straps etc. Great. This looks very promising and well thought out. I'd have been a bit concerned if it had just been swiss made and no other changes/improvements, but this looks like a step change in quality which will keep the value in place - I don't mind paying more for this type of improvement. It'll be tougher direct competition probably, a slightly different market and price point putting CWL up against some pretty good brands, but I can't help feeling he'll pull it off. What an exciting time to be part of this forum :) . Some different automatic movements have long been on most wish lists and it looks like wishes will soon be granted :) .