Automatic women's watches please!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
cholmes
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by cholmes »

I'm not sure when this picture went up on the CW website but it looks just GREAT! http://www.christopherward-usa.com/women.html

I really hope that the watch pictured as an automatic. 8-[
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Automatic women's watches please!

Post by Kip »

I am more than happy to add my support for mechanical watches for the ladies collections. I do think it is worth the shot.

The problem I see is simply demand. I am not saying that there are not women who would favor a mechanicals for we have a few right here on this forum. The issue is, can enough be sold to make it a worthwhile investment? Can CWL or anyone else come up with a popular style in a mechanical that will sell. On the retail level that I see...the demand just isn't there.

BTW.. I think we will find that the photo on the website is a generic file photo and not one that i sshowing a new model CWL watch.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22

Post by DSHall »

Happy to add my support to this. If there isn't enough demand maybe a compromise is in order? The Splash seems to have been popular with both genders so perhaps a unisex model is the way forward? Sounds a bit 70s hairdresser, but would be nice if the ladies on here got the same chance to enjoy autos that the gentlemen do. 
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

I've posted this in another thread, but why not have the following automatic watches which ladies can appreciate:

1. have a 36mm Trident Pro - unisex appeal, I'm sure this will sell.

2. have a 35-36mm ladies' version of the C5 since it's the original iconic CWL watch. The dial/hands can be changed slightly so it's not merely an exact (albeit smaller) copy of the men's C5. I suggested having Arabic numbers on the dial rather than just straight-line hour markers.

That's not a lot is it? I think it would be a good start, and these 2 models have a good chance of being popular.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by st-rider »

I have bought my fiancée 2 CWL quartz watches now.
I would like the chance for her to have an automatic or even a manual wind.
That's with a nice display back as well.
Bright shiny things are always attractive to women aren't they :wink: (don't worry ladies for that comment, I'm sure karma will arrange payback).

TTFN, Alex :D

P.S. Come to think of it manual wind maybe not a good idea, she might break a nail - ouch - more karma on the way :lol:
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

asqwerth wrote:I've posted this in another thread, but why not have the following automatic watches which ladies can appreciate:

2. have a 35-36mm ladies' version of the C5 since it's the original iconic CWL watch. The dial/hands can be changed slightly so it's not merely an exact (albeit smaller) copy of the men's C5. I suggested having Arabic numbers on the dial rather than just straight-line hour markers.

That's not a lot is it? I think it would be a good start, and these 2 models have a good chance of being popular.
Completely agree, Asqwerth. Being slim-wristed, the only thing putting me off buying a Trident was the size. Up to 40mm would have been ok, but not over. I think some smaller dia watches would thus appeal to all those with smaller wrists.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

I'm right behind you women, I don't see why the chaps should have all the fun.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
king coultas
CW-watches: 2

Post by king coultas »

Absolutely agree. I too have slim wrists and I just won't go over 40mm, and even that looks a bit big. If there were more CW watches in smaller sizes (Rolex and Jaeger do it, and others) then I'm sure sales would rise overall. A 36mm Trident, I'd have one of those, a smaller C770 carbon-fibre dial watch, ditto, and on and on. Seriously, the size is all that's stopping me buying more CW watches and I'm sure that's true for a lot of blokes. Also, as I've said before, not all of us feel the need to flash a massive watch around and 43mm is right up there. Less is so often more...
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

Where's Wallbash when you need him?! :twisted:

Kip is, I suspect, preparing us for the inevitable (i.e. there are no mechanical pieces in the new ladies' line up) but I hope that I am wrong and CWL will pleasantly surprise us.
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jack »

asqwerth wrote:I've posted this in another thread, but why not have the following automatic watches which ladies can appreciate:

Looks like a reasonable idea. TheSE models lend themselves to this. You can't help feeling that this may well be worth the risk for CWL. Most serious brands do have womens autos! :)

Cheers,
Jack.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I am moving this thread to General Discussion.

It seems more appropriate the way it's going.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

I bought my wife a NN C5 Aviator back in the January sales as she was asking for a larger watch that was easy to read. I have just asked her opinion on CW making ladies automatic watches, she loves the C5 because it is easy to read but has no more interest in how it works than any other appliances in the house. If any are broke it's my fault. I have to reset her C5 every few weeks as it looses a few seconds a day, would drive me crazy if my watches were running 2 - 3 minutes slow. So as this watch was a bargain in the NN sale it was Ok but to pay full price for an automatic for the wife would be a waste of money.
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

I have a similar experience. Mrs D adopted my C5 Aviator and we found a more suitable strap. She liked the watch but got frustrated that it lost a minute or two each week and when it needed adjusting, it had a 'stupid' screw in crown. :shock:

She has no interest in the workings of the watch, so I got her another quartz jobbie and reclaimed the C5A.

When the new CW range comes out, I'm sure there will be something for Mrs D, but I would probably not get her another auto.
Richard
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

My other half claimed my Seiko 5 a few months ago as she wanted an automatic. Since she found that it stops if you don't wear it constantly, she got fed up with it. The quartz Divine Carre I recently bought her has gone down much better.