How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
SimonGermany
Senior
Senior

Re: How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by SimonGermany »

I’ve never seen a CW ‚in the wild‘.

My C61 has received a few compliments though!
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:31 pm
Mikkei4 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:23 pm
Mikkei4 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:50 pm
42mm Blue & Orange C60 Trident GMT 600 spotted and confirmed on a Berkshire golf course this morning.
First I've seen in the wild.
Surprisingly saw another CW watch today at another Berkshire golf course - this time it was a Kingfisher with the Orange (? Is that what the colour is called?) dial.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

A rare spot but was it the Tangerine (quartz) or Burnt Orange (Automatic) Kingfisher you saw. :wink:

Guy
Burnt Orange Auto seen (again) this morning.
copemanphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by copemanphoto »

I was just waking up in the recovery room on Thursday the past week after a medical procedure when my attending physician came in to check up on me and he noticed my Oris hat beside my bed.

That started a great 10 minute conversation about watches we both owned and loved and he showed me his CW C65 Super Compressor that he wore that day. He explained to me how the internal bezel worked and also the adjustable bracelet.

I told him about the new Sealander release and later that day emailed him the link from CW on the new watches. His reply was he is leaning towards the C63 Elite in titanium for his next acquisition.

So while this was my first time seeing a CW on someone else he is not my first Doctor who is a watch guy. That distinction belongs to my surgeon who walked into our first meeting wearing a Kermit and when I recognized it and mentioned it, well that started a nice conversation about watches and I remember my wife sitting there in disbelief that someone other than me could be this passionate about watches.

Cheers, Mike.
Cheers, Mike.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

copemanphoto wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 4:17 pm
I was just waking up in the recovery room on Thursday the past week after a medical procedure when my attending physician came in to check up on me and he noticed my Oris hat beside my bed.

That started a great 10 minute conversation about watches we both owned and loved and he showed me his CW C65 Super Compressor that he wore that day. He explained to me how the internal bezel worked and also the adjustable bracelet.

I told him about the new Sealander release and later that day emailed him the link from CW on the new watches. His reply was he is leaning towards the C63 Elite in titanium for his next acquisition.

So while this was my first time seeing a CW on someone else he is not my first Doctor who is a watch guy. That distinction belongs to my surgeon who walked into our first meeting wearing a Kermit and when I recognized it and mentioned it, well that started a nice conversation about watches and I remember my wife sitting there in disbelief that someone other than me could be this passionate about watches.

Cheers, Mike.
Great story!
Thermexman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Thermexman »

After 7 yrs of CW ownership, I’ve yet to see one in the wild.
Steve.
Jkpa
Senior
Senior

Post by Jkpa »

Never happened before and I don’t expect it to ever happen either.
C1 Grand Malvern Small Second SH21 - The Beauty
C60 Trident 7750 Chronograph - The Beast