How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
sangman

Re: How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by sangman »

never
Watch Geek
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Watch Geek »

sangman wrote:never

ha ha straight to the point :lol:
Mark78
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Mark78 »

I had never seen any CW's in the wild until this week then two in two days: a white C5 at Oxford Circus tube then on the train home yesterday someone sat opposite me wearing a C4 (which looked great in the flesh). On the train journey I was wearing my black C3 and it was hilarious me and the other chap trying to scope each other's watches out without being spotted (I had sunglasses on so could cheat a bit 8) )
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by MiniMpi »

Mark78 wrote:I had never seen any CW's in the wild until this week then two in two days: a white C5 at Oxford Circus tube then on the train home yesterday someone sat opposite me wearing a C4 (which looked great in the flesh). On the train journey I was wearing my black C3 and it was hilarious me and the other chap trying to scope each other's watches out without being spotted (I had sunglasses on so could cheat a bit 8) )
LOL That's funny :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
obbiie
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by obbiie »

Aside from the two people I convinced to buy one at work I've yet to see one in the wild, although it's probably a lot less likely out here in the Czech Republic.

I did convince one of the VP's here at the office to pick up a C4 which he now wears daily instead of his IWC :-)

Kevin
CW C600 Diver Elite, C7 Rapide, C70 Ascari, C4
IWC Aquatimer Chrono
Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Chrono
UHR-Kraft Helicop II Dualtime Auto
Seiko 5 Sports 'Submariner'
Boschett Cave Dweller
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

Just slightly off the thread....

Does anyone ever/often see anyone else wearing a watch that they own as well?

I have a very modest collection of about 12, and other than at the GTG in Winchester have never seen watches like mine on someone else , other than when I was in the Marines and some of us managed to get "Pussers" watches from the stores.

When you consider how many different designs on watches that are out there, other than maybe a trend being started amongst friends at work or James Bond starting a fad for a particular watch it must be difficult to see the same watch often.?
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jmarchitect »

So there we are, having lunch in the bar two doors down from our office and the proprietor comes over to take our plates away. This is a guy, called Guy, who I have been saying hello to for a couple of years now. Anyway, I notice a chunky, orange faced piece on his wrist. It can't be.... it is.. it is orange faced, rubber strapped, steel bezeled with black inserts... it is a burnt orange C60! Yess! But hang on.... he isn't a stranger... oh balls.
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

I have never noticed anyone wearing any of the watches I own, even the more common ones like my Seiko Monster. I bought a Citizen eco-drive chrono as a beater a few years ago in Tenerife around the time I started collecting. When I got home I tryed googling it to find if it realy was a bargain or if I had been ripped off, could'nt find anything that looked like it at all.
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
highway62

Post by highway62 »

I would imagine habitual Rolex Sub wearers quite often meet other Rolex Sub wearers :lol:
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by paw3001 »

Omega Seamaster and Speedy wearers as well no doubt.
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12

Post by Mortis »

The big branded stuff like Omega isn't too uncommon and I see enough of those, even though I only own a few more expensive pieces like that.

I did laugh when I last took my cat to the vet and we both grabbed him as he jumped off the table - we were both wearing a Seiko SKX009 (me on black Nato, him on black silicone) and when we clocked it our eyes met... what a beautiful moment! Sadly, it was the old bloke who owns the practice and not the really hot, blonde, Australian lady vet who also works there (and who always expresses admiration for my cat). :lol:
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Have met a few folk with Seamasters but not the black face version like mine. Never met anyone with an IWC like mine until Hans posted a pic of his on here - if that counts as meeting!
androo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes

Post by androo »

At work most people wear Casio G-shocks which look the same to me. They always seem amazed that I have more than one watch and it doesn't cost under £50 and isn't digital. Apart from that Three colleagues have blue quartz omega seamasters.
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jimbo »

Know what i found strange today?

none of the shops in Southampton that have watches in the windows are the same!

Do you you think they get lonely?

Saw a few in the window of the "posh" shop I wouldn't mind owning, the shop is so posh that you don't get in wearing Jeans and look chavy (me). I might ask the guy selling "Big Issue" to move his pitch up outside it whilst I give a few liquid yawns after a few lunch time bevies one day, Cheeky buggers not letting you in unless the door is unlocked by a pomp-ass Richard Head if you don't look like you can afford to go in....(it is besides the point I can't)
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side