16cm Wrist Size - Mesh Bracelet

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Czechia
Senior
Senior

16cm Wrist Size - Mesh Bracelet

Post by Czechia »

I was looking at getting the 20mm Mesh Bracelet for the C9 Moonphase white dial I purchased in the new years sale, but it seems that Christopher Ward will only adjust the bracelet to 19cm - but my wrist (yes, I have straw arms) is only 16cm.

Which is strange as I wear a 43mm Trident bracelet after removing enough links to fit my wrist.

Is this due to how the Mesh bracelet is made, it's not possible to adjust smaller than 19cm?
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: 16cm Wrist Size - Mesh Bracelet

Post by JAFO »

Some Milanese mesh bracelets have a sliding clasp and are pretty well infinitely adjustable,

Others have a fixed length mesh section, but then have a few removable links and a normal butterfly clasp, and these can be awkward to adjust below a certain length. Maybe they come in S M L sizes. Do you have any images you can see?
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: 16cm Wrist Size - Mesh Bracelet

Post by H0rati0 »

The CW Milanese is sourced from Staib in Germany and is available in three sizes 130, 150 & 170 mm, each being adjustable by about 2cm using removable links. CW only offer the 170mm size I believe (hence your problem) but worth a word with customer services to see if they can get the smaller size. If not, you can source on ebay or probably elsewhere, the Staib model number is 2792. There is no special CW marking, they are identical.

I have one on my C1 Moonphase, it's a really nice bracelet and matches very well so I'd recommend.

Good luck
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)