White C63 readability?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Will_75
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: White C63 readability?

Post by Will_75 »

I own a white dial MK2 C60 with mirrored finishing to the hands and indices - under some lights it is hard to read, but small movement of the wrist is all that's needed to create contrast.

I did own a white dial C63 auto, and while I sold it on, the legibility was markedly better thanks to the gunmetal finishing.
These users thanked the author Will_75 for the post:
neilj568
CWE admin and all round watch nerd. Usually found irresponsibly browsing the sales page.
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Will_75 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:24 am I own a white dial MK2 C60 with mirrored finishing to the hands and indices - under some lights it is hard to read, but small movement of the wrist is all that's needed to create contrast.

I did own a white dial C63 auto, and while I sold it on, the legibility was markedly better thanks to the gunmetal finishing.
Makes perfect sense. Tbh, I've found the comments in this thread about legibility being similar to the C60 a bit confusing.
Ryan
Will_75
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Will_75 »

StrappedUp wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:31 am
Will_75 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:24 am I own a white dial MK2 C60 with mirrored finishing to the hands and indices - under some lights it is hard to read, but small movement of the wrist is all that's needed to create contrast.

Makes perfect sense. Tbh, I've found the comments in this thread about legibility being similar to the C60 a bit confusing.
agreed - it's a totally different experience on the wrist
CWE admin and all round watch nerd. Usually found irresponsibly browsing the sales page.
snowmonster

Post by snowmonster »

I wish they had anodised hands because they would be so much easier to read, my dad is partially sighted and has an explorer 2 for this very reason. He would love a cw gmt as well but he cannot seethe hands easily.