Watch valuation advice wanted.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
MikeyT100
Senior
Senior

Watch valuation advice wanted.

Post by MikeyT100 »

Hi.

It's a sad state of affairs, but my watch collection has got to a level where I either need a new watch box, or I need to shift a few pieces! I hear you, I hear you, get a new watch box! The Mrs won't let me haha. So, that means I've got a couple of older CW models I'm looking to move on, but I've no idea how to set a fair price.

Can any one share any info about how to value a well loved, fully functional older CW? Any clues? Any advise?

Many thanks!
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: Watch valuation advice wanted.

Post by downer »

The archive has information about resales - https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive#model-sale-info/

Alternatively, have a look at past sales on ebay or in the sales sub-forum on here.
Richard
MikeyT100
Senior
Senior

Post by MikeyT100 »

Many thanks Richard.

CW have released so many models, it's something pretty hard to find an equivalent!
MikeyT100
Senior
Senior

Post by MikeyT100 »

downer wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:47 pm The archive has information about resales - https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive#model-sale-info/

Alternatively, have a look at past sales on ebay or in the sales sub-forum on here.
Actually, this is a brilliant resource! Many many thanks Richard.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

MikeyT100 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:10 pm
downer wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:47 pm The archive has information about resales - https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive#model-sale-info/

And it probably goes without saying that we'd very much like you to think about advertising your watches here: the fee structure is advantageous and you are safe from the kind of shenanigans which mar the selling experience at EB whatsits. :lol:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
MikeyT100
Senior
Senior

Post by MikeyT100 »

tikkathree wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:14 pm
MikeyT100 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:10 pm

And it probably goes without saying that we'd very much like you to think about advertising your watches here: the fee structure is advantageous and you are safe from the kind of shenanigans which mar the selling experience at EB whatsits. :lol:
Cool. As in sell via the forum? I was considering it yes. If watches can go to fellow CW fans, all the better!
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

Welcome, you’ll need a few more posts (not many) before you can use the Sales Corner, so share a few pictures, stories and you’ll get there soon enough.

No sympathy for you here from those of us who have too many watches, welcome to our the angst of world. You can sell some, or buy a new box & risk the wrath of the missus, or do what a lot of us do…. (don’t tell her!)
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

Its far better to ask for forgiveness than permission :thumbup:
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Dickchins wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:26 am Its far better to ask for forgiveness than permission :thumbup:
This is my mantra in the workplace. At home with the wife, it’s a different story :lol:
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
MikeyT100
Senior
Senior

Post by MikeyT100 »

Dickchins wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:26 am Its far better to ask for forgiveness than permission :thumbup:
Ha, absolutely! Great ethos to live by...