Discuss Christopher Ward watches
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Repair times

Post by iain »

AD83C111-6F2F-4395-85F8-C84FBB34B17F.jpeg

On 15th August I posed this picture of my bronze trident.

The incident happened that day and within a couple of days it was on its way to CW for repair. Communication every step of the way has been perfect and I’ve received regular email updates to keep me informed.

I knew when the watch was received. I was told when it had been inspected to confirm there was a fault and was informed it would then sit in a queue and would be away for 8-10 weeks. I later learned it had been allocated to a technician, again when the repair was complete and was awaiting QC, and yesterday I had an email to let me know it had passed and was been sent to logistics for shipping. No doubt I’ll get another email to let me know it’s gone and I’ll have DPD tracking info as well.

So all in all it’s probably taken 4 weeks in total. What I can’t work out though is why I was told 8-10 weeks originally? Is this a standard timeframe and was my fault a quick fix? Or is this a case of not over promising and getting my hopes up, only to be let down if it takes longer? Or is this a sign that they are now over the lockdown backlog and people can send their watches in for service with confidence that it won’t be away for 3 months?

Anyway, I can’t wait to get it back on my wrist and well done to CW for the positive experience after my recent “adventure” with IWC and Richemont.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Repair times

Post by Kip »

iain wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:02 am

So all in all it’s probably taken 4 weeks in total. What I can’t work out though is why I was told 8-10 weeks originally? Is this a standard timeframe and was my fault a quick fix? Or is this a case of not over promising and getting my hopes up, only to be let down if it takes longer? Or is this a sign that they are now over the lockdown backlog and people can send their watches in for service with confidence that it won’t be away for 3 months?
Regardless of the reason, I would rather have this under promise and over deliver situation.

Reality is that they are likely catching up a bit.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Glad to hear that your situation was resolved in a "timely" :lol: :oops: :silent: manner!

I wish I could say the same for my warranty repair!

I sent my C65 Dartmouth back for repair after it became impossible to move the hands, to set the time.

Like you, I was initially quoted 8 to 10 weeks but had an email updating me that it would likely be an additional 2 to 3 weeks on top.

We are now at 12 weeks & 3 days! :thumbdown:

I suppose some repairs are a quick fix and others require a longer lead time due to parts etc?

Hearing of several people having quicker returns from CW than me, feels a bit like being in a traffic queue and realising that you picked a slower lane! :shock:
Steve.
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

I sent my amgt le in for a battery replacement recently. It took 5 weeks. A bit confusing, but theres no doubt still a back log. Good comms from them though throughout.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

….and, as if by magic, I’ve just received dispatch notification that my Dartmouth will arrive back tomorrow. :lol:
Someone must have heard me moaning. :lol:
Steve.