C60 Anthropocene bidirectional bezel?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Watch Reviews 4K

Re: C60 Anthropocene bidirectional bezel?

Post by Watch Reviews 4K »

dennisbible wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:39 pm The website says it is, but I just watched a YouTube review that shows it as unidirectional.
The watch I was sent had a unidirectional bezel.
Regards,
Watch Reviews 4K
Watch Reviews 4K

dennisbible wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:29 pm That's pretty bad for a professional review
I cannot show a bidirectional bezel if the watch doesn't have one can I?
"Pretty bad for a professional review?
No, I reviewed the watch with a bezel test showing there was no back play as it didn't rotate clockwise.
Regards,
Watch Reviews 4K
Watch Reviews 4K

Kip wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:40 am I have confirmed with CW that the C60 Anthropocene GMT does have a bi-directional bezel. The website is indeed correct stating that it is bi-directional.

Why the reviewer, in this case, was under the impression that it was uni-directional they are unsure. They will investigate.
I wasn't under an impression.
I tested the bezel action for; lateral side-to side play, back play, and alignment.
The bezel was unidirectional, hence no back play as it could not be rotated clockwise.
Hence me stating in my review Christopher Ward should use a bidirectional bezel on a GMT function watch, rather than a unidirectional 120 click bezel as per a dive watch.
Regards,
Watch Reviews 4K
Watch Reviews 4K

rkovars wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:56 pm I don't think he would have made that mistake. It looks to me like it is a press/prototype (no serial number). I'm guessing they changed it in production.
There are a plethora of verbal and visual mistakes in my 165 reviews.
However one thing I have never mistaken is whether a bezel is unidirectional, or bidirectional.
I test the bezel action for; lateral side-to-side play, back play, and alignment.
I cannot show back play, or a bezel rotating clockwise if it does not.
Christopher Wards marketing agency; Ideas Network, sent me a piece with a unidirectional bezel; hence me showing that in my review.
I did not make a mistake in my review.
Regards,
Watch Reviews 4K
Watch Reviews 4K

ajax87 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:06 pm I think I found the review in question:

https://youtu.be/Or831RcYymk

He showed some clear case back shots, which shows a full/normal serial #, not a prototype or pre-production model apparently? He did appear to try turning the bezel the other way, though you can’t really be sure via video.
The bezel on the watch I was sent was unidirectional.
I tested the bezel for; lateral side-to-side play, back play, and alignment.
There was no back play, as the bezel did not rotate clockwise.
I state in my review Christopher Ward should use a bidirectional bezel on a GMT function watch, rather than a 120 click unidirectional bezel as per a dive watch.
"though you can be really sure via video"
I clearly show the bezel did not rotate clockwise. Yes, one can really be sure via a video.
Regards,
Watch Reviews 4K
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

^^^ I have a hunch that the bezel on the model the reviewer tested may have been unidirectional…

And I have also learned that is IS possible to tell via video exactly how much pressure someone is exerting trying to rotate a bezel :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Watch Reviews 4K

ctafield wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:28 am Just got mine and can also confirm it’s bi directional.
Yes, the C60 Anthropocene GMT now has a bidirectional bezel.
Regards,
Watch Reviews 4K
Watch Reviews 4K

ajax87 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:43 pm ^^^ I have a hunch that the bezel on the model the reviewer tested may have been unidirectional…

And I have also learned that is IS possible to tell via video exactly how much pressure someone is exerting trying to rotate a bezel :lol: :lol: :lol:
The bezel on the watch I was sent was unidirectional.
The bezel on the C60 Anthropocene GMT is now bidirectional.
After my review Christopher Ward changed it.
After my review I emailed Mike France a working drawing of a Rolex GMT Master II bidirectional bezel.
I also emailed a picture of the 4 springs and ball bearings used to make the bezel bidirectional.
Don't embarrass yourself trying to be sarcastic mocking me about my video showing "how much pressure someone is exerting trying to rotate a bezel".
I tested the back play, there was none. I couldn't rotate the bezel clockwise as it was unidirectional.
I gave a verbal description of the resistance in turning the bezel during my bezel test; as its a given one cannot visually show the force being applied.
The only person you are showing up here is yourself by trying to be sarcastic mocking me.
Regards,
Watch Reviews 4K
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Watch Reviews 4K wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:52 pm
ajax87 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:43 pm ^^^ I have a hunch that the bezel on the model the reviewer tested may have been unidirectional…

as its a given one cannot visually show the force being applied.
I quoted the only part of your response that I originally commented on, that you initially refuted, and that you are now confirming. The rest of your response and your other responses have been combative and largely unnecessary, and unbecoming.

We get it, that watch you reviewed had a unidirectional bezel. We have been corrected. You can stop now.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Watch Reviews 4K

ajax87 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:53 pm ^^^ Still, wouldn’t you, as a professional watch reviewer, verify a detail like that? I can’t seem to find the video in question, so I’m not sure if it came out after the release of the watch. But even if CW did change that detail at some point, I doubt it would have been a last minute change.
I have reviewed over 100 watches on my channel.
I have reviewed a Rolex GMT Master II with a bidirectional bezel.
I have reviewed a Rolex Submariner Date with a unidirectional bezel.
Yes, I know the difference.
There are a plethora of verbal, and visual mistakes in my 165 videos.
However one thing I never mistake, is whether a bezel is bidirectional, or unidirectional.
I was sent the watch under embargo, before the release date. My review was published on the release date, the first one on Youtube.
After my review Christopher Ward changed the bezel to a bidirectional bezel.
Hence why in my bezel test I showed there was no back play, and the bezel didn't rotate clockwise.
Hence why I stated in my review Christopher Ward should use a bidirectional bezel on a GMT function watch rather than a 120 click unidirectional bezel as per a dive watch.
"I doubt it would have been a last minute change".
After my review I emailed Mike France a working diagram of the Rolex GMT Master II bezel. I also emailed a picture of the 4 springs and ball bearings used to make the bezel bidirectional.
After my review the bezel was changed to bidirectional.
"Still, wouldn’t you, as a professional watch reviewer, verify a detail like that?"
Yes, that is why I do a bezel test in my reviews; checking the lateral side-to-side play, back play, and alignment.
Regards,
Watch Reviews 4K
Watch Reviews 4K

ajax87 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:59 pm
Watch Reviews 4K wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:52 pm

as its a given one cannot visually show the force being applied.
I quoted the only part of your response that I originally commented on, that you initially refuted, and that you are now confirming. The rest of your response and your other responses have been combative and largely unnecessary, and unbecoming.

We get it, that watch you reviewed had a unidirectional bezel. We have been corrected. You can stop now.
I don't like my reviews being wrongly slagged off.
I am right to defend my credibility as a watch reviewer when this happens.
You see if I don't do it, no one else will do it for me.
Its very damaging for my channel when my reviews get slagged off by multiple people on a forum like this.
Regards,
Watch Reviews 4K
These users thanked the author Watch Reviews 4K for the post:
FloridaPhil
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Watch Reviews 4K wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:08 pm I don't like my reviews being wrongly slagged off.
I am right to defend my credibility as a watch reviewer when this happens.
You see if I don't do it, no one else will do it for me.
Its very damaging for my channel when my reviews get slagged off by multiple people on a forum like this.
Regards,
Watch Reviews 4K
Fair play, you have every right to set the record straight and individually people will get a notification directly to alert them.
There were some which came to your defence but there was certainly no need to question your credibility from a small selection of others.

How you can show that a watch does something it doesn't I'm not sure - the fact that you stated it would be good enough for most.

Congratulations on the channel and at least you might have gained some views and even a couple of subscribers :thumbup:
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

:problem: Pff. All this talk on what the bezel actually was.... but does no one care about what the bezel personally identifies as? Does it feel it itself to be rather unidirictional, or is it much more comfortable proclaiming itself as bidirectional? I think we may need a direct quote here from the subject itself before we misjudge and offend! :shock:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Watch Reviews 4K wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:04 pm
Kip wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:40 am I have confirmed with CW that the C60 Anthropocene GMT does have a bi-directional bezel. The website is indeed correct stating that it is bi-directional.

Why the reviewer, in this case, was under the impression that it was uni-directional they are unsure. They will investigate.
I wasn't under an impression.
I tested the bezel action for; lateral side-to side play, back play, and alignment.
The bezel was unidirectional, hence no back play as it could not be rotated clockwise.
Hence me stating in my review Christopher Ward should use a bidirectional bezel on a GMT function watch, rather than a unidirectional 120 click bezel as per a dive watch.
Regards,
Watch Reviews 4K
I still maintain that, to me at least, it did not appear that you made an attempt at reversing the bezel.

That said....

I have been questioning CW since I first saw this video. The final response is "It appears that at some point in the swapping of dials and correcting of various samples for the Anthropocene, I think a GMT case that has an incorrect bezel has potentially been used.

Unfortunately, It is impossible to say definitively what happened. But in any case it is most likely a mistake on our part that was missed."

The C60 Anthropocene GMT was always meant to have a bi directional bezel so what happened to the sample you received cannot be explained. You were not responsible for it being changed. I have no doubt that your input was reviewed but probably caused confusion somewhere since it was supposed to be bi directional anyway.

I thought you did a good review and my only suggestion would be to show a bit more effort at working with a bezel to show the lack of play, turn or whatever. It obviously wasn't convincing to me and I doubt I am alone in that view. Just some constructive criticism.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Kip wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:44 pm I still maintain that, to me at least, it did not appear that you made an attempt at reversing the bezel.

That said....

I have been questioning CW since I first saw this video. The final response is "It appears that at some point in the swapping of dials and correcting of various samples for the Anthropocene, I think a GMT case that has an incorrect bezel has potentially been used.

Unfortunately, It is impossible to say definitively what happened. But in any case it is most likely a mistake on our part that was missed."

The C60 Anthropocene GMT was always meant to have a bi directional bezel so what happened to the sample you received cannot be explained. You were not responsible for it being changed. I have no doubt that your input was reviewed but probably caused confusion somewhere since it was supposed to be bi directional anyway.

I thought you did a good review and my only suggestion would be to show a bit more effort at working with a bezel to show the lack of play, turn or whatever. It obviously wasn't convincing to me and I doubt I am alone in that view. Just some constructive criticism.
Please be reasonable. Why would someone turn a bezel the wrong way in a review when it does not turn that way? They would have handled the watch before filming and already know what it does or does not do. Instead they explained about the bezel and which way it turned on the model they had.

They probably feel that they did not have to convince you. How many times does someone turn a uni-directional bezel the other way to prove it doesn't go both ways, they don't.

Fair enough question what happened but when you are told by the person themselves what the case is, surely it is time to accept it, maybe throw in an apology for judging someone possibly unfairly and move on, not offer constructive criticism?
These users thanked the author A1soknownas for the post (total 2):
FloridaPhilnbg