LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: C60 Anthropocene bidirectional bezel?

Post by Kip »

I must disagree a bit here.

I do not think I am being unreasonable. It is part of the reviewers job to relate and demonstrate the features and functions of the watch. He did state it was uni directional. In my opinion he did not attempt to turn it clockwise. You must remember that I already knew it was supposed to be a bidirectional bezel. So I was looking for visual proof. I didn't think I saw that.

Of course they would have handled the watch beforehand (at least I hope and presume he did), but knowing what I did, it did not make sense. I did feel he had to convince me. Perhaps most watching did not know and would not even question the fact that he did not seem to turn the bezel. As you said, why would he? He already knew and stated it was a uni.

I do not think I owe him an apology as I did state it was a good review and offered my comments as a suggestion moving forward. He can choose to accept or reject them.

I would add that due to the noticed discrepancy of his statement regarding the bezel (the one he had) as opposed to what it is in reality according to the website and those that own them, I went immediately to CW for confirmation and then followed up for a more detailed explanation after they investigated. I have relayed all that information here.

The fact is that the reviewer had a unidirectional bezel. The fact is he shouldn't have. The fact Is it was an error by CW that they cannot explain.

The fact is the reviewer did an excellent review that was questioned by me based on what I knew. I have expressed my opinion regarding the review and that single point.

What have I not accepted and where am I being unreasonable?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Kip wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:55 pm What have I not accepted and where am I being unreasonable?
By expecting someone to prove to you that a bezel does not turn in a way it can't, regardless of what you already know or do not know about it already.

What do you expect someone to do. Say I know it won't turn the other way and although I have told you, I will now try and force it as hard as I can just in case you do not believe me.

That expectation is ridiculous knowing what you now have been told and to then still stick with the pretence that someone should have tried harder to convey this to you rather than just acknowledging their response is what is unreasonable.
These users thanked the author A1soknownas for the post:
nbg
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150

Post by Kip »

It is apparent that we are looking at this from different perspectives so I suggest that we respectfully agree to disagree.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Toph
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Toph »

I’d be inclined to do away with the bezel at this point 😂😂
These users thanked the author Toph for the post:
audio.bill
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Kip wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:44 am It is apparent that we are looking at this from different perspectives so I suggest that we respectfully agree to disagree.
Agreed! :D :thumbup:
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

So, in summary, a not unexpected lack of attention to detail from CW. Still have a way to go it would appear.
These users thanked the author FloridaPhil for the post:
angusbon
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Watch Reviews 4K wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:58 pmThe watch I was sent had a unidirectional bezel.
Regards,
Watch Reviews 4K
I actually watched your reviews before this whole bezel debate. I like your videos! Keep up the good work. :thumbup:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Watch Reviews 4K

Post by Watch Reviews 4K »

DEV.Woulf wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:40 pm
Watch Reviews 4K wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:58 pmThe watch I was sent had a unidirectional bezel.
Regards,
Watch Reviews 4K
I actually watched your reviews before this whole bezel debate. I like your videos! Keep up the good work. :thumbup:
Thank you for watching. Glad you enjoy my content. Regards, Watch Reviews 4K
Watch Reviews 4K

Kip wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:55 pm I must disagree a bit here.

I do not think I am being unreasonable. It is part of the reviewers job to relate and demonstrate the features and functions of the watch. He did state it was uni directional. In my opinion he did not attempt to turn it clockwise. You must remember that I already knew it was supposed to be a bidirectional bezel. So I was looking for visual proof. I didn't think I saw that.

Of course they would have handled the watch beforehand (at least I hope and presume he did), but knowing what I did, it did not make sense. I did feel he had to convince me. Perhaps most watching did not know and would not even question the fact that he did not seem to turn the bezel. As you said, why would he? He already knew and stated it was a uni.

I do not think I owe him an apology as I did state it was a good review and offered my comments as a suggestion moving forward. He can choose to accept or reject them.

I would add that due to the noticed discrepancy of his statement regarding the bezel (the one he had) as opposed to what it is in reality according to the website and those that own them, I went immediately to CW for confirmation and then followed up for a more detailed explanation after they investigated. I have relayed all that information here.

The fact is that the reviewer had a unidirectional bezel. The fact is he shouldn't have. The fact Is it was an error by CW that they cannot explain.

The fact is the reviewer did an excellent review that was questioned by me based on what I knew. I have expressed my opinion regarding the review and that single point.

What have I not accepted and where am I being unreasonable?
Yes, you are being unreasonable.
The only person you are showing up here is yourself, not me.
I was sent a watch with a unidirectional bezel. I tested the bezel for; lateral side-to-play, back play, and alignment.
I also stated in my review; Christopher Ward should use a bidirectional bezel on GMT function piece, rather than a 120 unidirectional bezel as per a dive piece.
I could not show a bidirectional bezel, if it was not bidirectional bezel. You are being unreasonable expecting me to show the impossible.
Christopher Ward made a mistake, they sent me a watch with unidirectional bezel; they have now admitted this misake.
I did not make a mistake, I tested the bezel and showed this mistake in my review.
Yet you continue to embarrass yourself, rather than having the good character to admit your mistake.
Trying to undermine my credibility as a watch reviewer, expecting me to show the impossible; and continuing to do so; is just making yourself look worse.
You criticised my review wrongly, and an apology is due for your mistake. That is the reality.
Regards, Watch Reviews 4K
These users thanked the author Watch Reviews 4K for the post (total 2):
golfjunkynbg
Watch Reviews 4K

A1soknownas wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:40 am
Kip wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:55 pm What have I not accepted and where am I being unreasonable?
By expecting someone to prove to you that a bezel does not turn in a way it can't, regardless of what you already know or do not know about it already.

What do you expect someone to do. Say I know it won't turn the other way and although I have told you, I will now try and force it as hard as I can just in case you do not believe me.

That expectation is ridiculous knowing what you now have been told and to then still stick with the pretence that someone should have tried harder to convey this to you rather than just acknowledging their response is what is unreasonable.
Thank you.
I concur with all your points.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150

Post by Kip »

I think the horse is dead now.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Watch Reviews 4K

Kip wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:18 pm I think the horse is dead now.
You tried and failed to undermine the credibility of my watch review.
You have succeeded in undermining your own credibility on this forum ironically.
Rather than do the right thing and apologise for your mistake, your massive ego prevents you doing so.
I was not mistaken. Christopher Ward made a mistake sending me a watch with a unidirectional bezel.
Your posts were based on your own opinion. My posts were based on fact.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Watch Reviews 4K wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:46 pm You tried and failed to undermine the credibility of my watch review.
You have succeeded in undermining your own credibility on this forum ironically.
That’s quite a stretch. Your overzealous defense of your review has done more to kill your credibility with me than any comment posted to this thread about it.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:57 pm
Watch Reviews 4K wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:46 pm You tried and failed to undermine the credibility of my watch review.
That’s quite a stretch. Your overzealous defense of your review has done more to kill your credibility with me than any comment posted to this thread about it.
100% correct, Andrew.

Watch Reviews 4K, you came in hot and combative from the beginning. To a place filled with customers and potential customers no less!

Kip explained it very clearly. We KNEW the production watch had a bidirectional bezel. Our only possible response to hearing you say it is unidirectional would have been confusion and trying to rectify that. It turned out it wasn’t you, it was CW that made the mistake. You could have simply corrected us and worked with CW to figure it out, but chose to attack us instead.

Here’s a sample response of what a reasonable business owner should say in this instance:

“Hi everyone, I’m the owner/reviewer for Watch Reviews 4K. First, thanks so much for watching my review of CWs new C60 Anthropocene GMT!

I understand now there has been a mixup somewhere. I did in fact receive the watch from CW fitted with a unidirectional bezel, but have since come to realize that the watch should have had a bidirectional bezel. I have emailed CW to get an answer as to what went wrong, and will update you when I have more information.

In the mean time, I have updated the video review with a comment that while the watch I reviewed had a unidirectional bezel, the production model from CW will have a bidirectional bezel.

Thanks again for watching!”

==============

You can have that one for free. While I am available for public relations consultations, I don’t think I’d enjoy working with someone with such a short fuse and closed view.

I hate this kind of internet arguing, not sure why I feel compelled to keep at it. I truly have to back out at this point (I probably should have earlier, but hey, it is what it is).
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post (total 4):
welshladBahnstormer_vRSKipThermexman
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Watch Reviews 4K

ajax87 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:04 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:57 pm
100% correct, Andrew.

"Watch Reviews 4K, you came in hot and combative from the beginning. To a place filled with customers and potential customers no less!"
Since I started my channel in February 2020 I have worked hard producing 167 videos. My channel has grown to 83K subscribers, and over 1.77M views. I have reviewed 9 Christopher Ward pieces.
When multiple people on a forum slag off my review it does serious damage to my channel.
I was wrongly accused of making a mistake in my review, showing a unidirectional bezel, rather than bidirectional bezel.
Due to this forum the like/dislike ratio of my video plummeted; which pushed my video down in the YouTube rankings.
This also had a negative effect on the overall like/dislike ratio of my 167 videos, which also dropped in the rankings.
That means less views, and less Google AdSense revenue generated for my channel.
Damaging the credibility of my reviews damages my channel revenue.
I have every right to defend the credibility of my reviews, when it is wrongfully being damaged on this forum.
That isn't an "overzealous defence". It is me protecting the credibility of my channel, and protecting the revenue it generates.
My credibility is solid. Christopher Ward made a mistake in sending me a piece with unidirectional bezel.
Multiple people on here slagged me off as making a mistake showing a bidirectional bezel as unidirectional.
Rather than admit their mistake slagging my content off wrongly, and apologising; people like you now accuse me of damaging my credibility.
I reviewed a watch correctly. I defended the credibility of my review. That is the reality.
As stated before; if I did not defend my credibility no one else would do it for me.
You have embarrassed yourself trying to give me PR advice.
You do not have a YouTube watch channel. I have one with 83K subscribers, and over 1.77M views. I know what I am doing, and I also know how to handle the PR of my channel. If I didn't then my channel wouldn't have gained those figures in 18 months.
You are deluded in thinking you can educate me on handling PR with greater knowledge. If you had a watch channel then your advice would carry some weight; but you don't, and therefore your opinion is invalid.
Regards, #WR4K
Last edited by Kip on Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected quote position