Used vs new prices

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Re: Used vs new prices

Post by thomcat00 »

downer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:39 pm ^^^ No, it’s not to make it easier. :) Either way, Kip needs to convert local sales into one currency or the other, so it makes no difference.

Fact is, the history data we had was all in USD…

We did discuss storing all sales in actual currency together with the prevailing exchange rates. We would then have given the user the choice to display the sales trends in whatever currency they wanted to see.

We couldn’t be ar$ed. Did you see what I did there? :lol:
For the few used purchases I’ve made, I’ve forwarded the data to Kip in USD as that’s the currency I paid, even if the ask was in GBP, EUR, CHF, or something else.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

Kip wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:42 pm
Timishere wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:40 pm
Thanks Steve, I did look at that but I couldn't see the % depreciation based on age as the graphs only showed sales price by year. Maybe I missed something though!
While it is true that there are no percentages, When you look up an individual model you get the original and last prices at the bottom of the page.

See here for example. This would allow you to calculate an approximate percentage for a given model based on original/last pricing. The average overall resale is also listed at the top of the page.

All this info allows you to see average overall resale, resale averages per year, resale trends, units sold per year and original and last pricing all in one place.
Kip - is it useful for you to have sold price info for CW watches not transacted via the forum? I just bought one via the FB CWE group and happy to share the deets if you want.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Please send me the info....model and price paid via pm. I can check and add it if not already listed.

Sold items are not picked up just on the forum. The information comes from many sources and is updated on a daily basis.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

Done!