1 Park Street, Thread

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: 1 Park Street, Thread

Post by Richard D »

MiniMpi wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:40 am I'm delighted you had a great visit Richard and that you came came away with that gorgeous C60 #tide.
It’s a fabulous watch, I’m guessing a forerunner for the C60 MK4.
Geefiasco wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:16 pm Nice photos. They really do need to sell those grey mats
Thank you.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
MichaelMD
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by MichaelMD »

jkbarnes wrote:
MichaelMD wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:36 pm Very cool and great looking watch! Would love to get out to their showroom one day.
Road trip for the North American forumites!
Now you're talking! Let's do this

Been >20 years since I was last in the UK. Loved it there

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk

nowttolose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by nowttolose »

audio.bill wrote:
Richard D wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:28 pm
audio.bill wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:19 pm Congrats on the pickup Richard, it looks great on the #tide strap on your wrist! Enjoy it in the best of health.
Thank you, I’ve just noticed where you come from. Chicago is my favourite city, I used to be a regular visitor flying in from the UK.
Hopefully you'll be able to get back one day in the not too distant future... watch aficionados are always welcome! 8)
The mention of Chicago brings back some very fond memories. Spent a year on secondment in Des Plaines in the late 90s for a company called UOP. Just me, and my then partner (now wife), and loved every minute. We stayed downtown, 42 floors up in a tower on East Ontario. Big soft spot for Chicago, but not the I-90 commute to the ‘burbs or the winter weather.

It was the year Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire were battling for most home runs, and I think the Bulls won the championship. I remember celebrating on State Street. Good times.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
plowers123

Post by plowers123 »

Hi; Richard, that tide looks fab. I have had my eye on CW watches for a few years now. Never been in a position to get one due to everything going on the kids - I was 50 during lock down & we were not able to celebrate. Now my 51st is approaching & my fab wife knows how much I have always wanted a trident and she has admitted to making a guess on my behalf & ordered me a c 60 tide. she is getting it engraved for me . This is a very special watch for me & l am over the Moon, 'can't wait to receive it. I will post some pictures when l do. itsa good job, that like most women my wife is a great mind reader!I will keep you all posted!
Stuart1
Senior
Senior

Post by Stuart1 »

Went to 1 Park Street today, no selfie with the door as it was being re-painted. Declan was great. Tried on lots of watches, forgot to take pictures. Well worth a visit if you are in the area. There seems to be lots of new releases on the horizon too.
CW257
Senior
Senior

Post by CW257 »

Perhaps a silly question, but has anyone ever been offered any 'down the back of the sofa, pre-official sale goodies' during a visit to CW Towers, or is it strictly what's available on the website only?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

CW257 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:24 pm Perhaps a silly question, but has anyone ever been offered any 'down the back of the sofa, pre-official sale goodies' during a visit to CW Towers, or is it strictly what's available on the website only?
Yes; in a manner of speaking. Not quite the 'down the back of the sofa, pre-official sale goodies' you ask about but a Prototype of a current model.

I had a Virtual (on-line) Showroom appointment with Declan last November and specifically wanted to look at the newly released C60 Abyss SH21.

The only watch that Declan was able to show me was a Prototype as the initial batch of stock had been sold and they were waiting for a re-stock.

I liked the watch, especially that the dial and display caseback were a slightly darker smoke compared to the production model, didn't really want to wait for the next batch to come in and asked if Declan would be able to sell me the Prototype he'd shown me. The answer came back in the affirmative and I wrote this at the time;-
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:21 pm @Andyshall - To answer your question about delivery / order, Andy. Initial orders have been fulfilled by the 1st batch that came in ten days or so ago. It's now a case of waiting for the next batch due end December.

Mine? Why Deep Dark? How come I was able to get it?

Simples. :eek:

Its a Prototype / Pre-production model on which the dial and caseback are darker than the ultimate production version.

In the meantime, hooray, some sunshine this morning. Its good for the soul.

Having difficulty getting this off my wrist. It looks good on the bracelet, but absolutely fabulous on a Hirsch Grand Duke.

C60 Abyss SH21 'Deep Dark'

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
CW257
Senior
Senior

Post by CW257 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:25 am
CW257 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:24 pm Perhaps a silly question, but has anyone ever been offered any 'down the back of the sofa, pre-official sale goodies' during a visit to CW Towers, or is it strictly what's available on the website only?
Yes; in a manner of speaking. Not quite the 'down the back of the sofa, pre-official sale goodies' you ask about but a Prototype of a current model.

I had a Virtual (on-line) Showroom appointment with Declan last November and specifically wanted to look at the newly released C60 Abyss SH21.

The only watch that Declan was able to show me was a Prototype as the initial batch of stock had been sold and they were waiting for a re-stock.

I liked the watch, especially that the dial and display caseback were a slightly darker smoke compared to the production model, didn't really want to wait for the next batch to come in and asked if Declan would be able to sell me the Prototype he'd shown me. The answer came back in the affirmative and I wrote this at the time;-

Guy
Oh that's interesting to hear. I suppose even more incentive to visit the showroom (or its virtual equivalent) in that case. I am anticipating making at least one purchase, hopefully two, early in the new year and even though Maidenhead is somewhat of a schlep from South East London, I'm increasingly feeling like it'll be worth the visit.
JWG

Post by JWG »

I spent a super hour or so at Park Street yesterday. Nothing was too much trouble for Declan and I would highly recommend a visit.
I came away with a black Dartmouth on a bracelet (which was what I had in mind before I went) and a couple of extra straps.
It was wonderful to see the collection "in the flesh" and I'm hoping that my first Christopher Ward won't be my last.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ Great news and welcome! Do pop over to Member Introduction and say hello. 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)