First CW watch arrived : C60 #Tide

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Warton-John
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

First CW watch arrived : C60 #Tide

Post by Warton-John »

So happy to finally officially join the CW family, with the purchase of my first CW watch, a C60 #Tide , which I think will fit in well with my small collection of watches.

I must say its a beautiful watch, very impressed so far (only received today) so will do a better review in a short while.

Bought it on the brushed steel bracelet (re-sized by CW), and also added the #Tide and the Hybrid Rubber straps.

Extremely quick delivery, and a very easy purchase.

It looks quite big in the photos, but my initial view is that it wears on the wrist about the same as my Submariner and Tudor Black Bay.

The Bracelet and Hybrid Rubber strap are very comfortable to wear, I haven’t tried the #Tide strap yet.

Anyway, here’s a couple of pics, and thanks for reading.

Best wishes.

John.
2E378289-4F0B-4E23-91BC-F5FC8F12F479.jpeg
AF874356-4499-4654-9059-8D8CABAABE54.jpeg
CW C60 #Tide | 1964 Omega Seamaster Deville | Mathey-Tissot GMT | Bremont Airco Mach 2 | Rolex DateJust 41 White Dial Roman | Omega SeaMaster DIVER 300M Commander's Watch | Tudor Black Bay Blue | Omega SeaMaster Diver 300M | Rolex SubC | Citizen Diver
nburgess
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Re: First CW watch arrived : C60 #Tide

Post by nburgess »

Looks great, John!
I have one too, so maybe a little biased. Mine turned up just over a week ago and no other watch has had a look in yet.
Truly lovely piece!
Neil
Warton-John
Junior
Junior

Post by Warton-John »

nburgess wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:35 pm Looks great, John!
I have one too, so maybe a little biased. Mine turned up just over a week ago and no other watch has had a look in yet.
Truly lovely piece!

Hi Neil, i imagine i will be great same.

I think CW may have a big seller with this one.
CW C60 #Tide | 1964 Omega Seamaster Deville | Mathey-Tissot GMT | Bremont Airco Mach 2 | Rolex DateJust 41 White Dial Roman | Omega SeaMaster DIVER 300M Commander's Watch | Tudor Black Bay Blue | Omega SeaMaster Diver 300M | Rolex SubC | Citizen Diver
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Congratulations on your first CW watch. It really does look a fabulous watch 👍
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Excellent, John! There are one or two of these washing up on the forum strand at the moment. I normally give a new watch a week or so before writing a review. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

That’s a lovely watch it really is. It’ll be interesting to see how it stands up to its two compatriots you mention in the fifth paragraph. That’s quite illustrious company.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
Warton-John
Junior
Junior

Post by Warton-John »

Deks wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:23 pm Congratulations on your first CW watch. It really does look a fabulous watch 👍
Thanks Deks, i have been looking at the CW watches for a while, glad I finally jumped in.
Warton-John
Junior
Junior

Post by Warton-John »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:31 pm Excellent, John! There are one or two of these washing up on the forum strand at the moment. I normally give a new watch a week or so before writing a review. :thumbup:
Yes, I expect to see more popping up on the forum.

Good advice about a review, that’s what I will do.

Thank you
Warton-John
Junior
Junior

Post by Warton-John »

strapline wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:53 pm That’s a lovely watch it really is. It’ll be interesting to see how it stands up to its two compatriots you mention in the fifth paragraph. That’s quite illustrious company.

Des

Thank you. I am very pleased with it so far.

It will be interesting to see how it fits in with my other watches
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Welcome aboard from a fellow C60 #tide owner.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Warton-John
Junior
Junior

Post by Warton-John »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:37 am Welcome aboard from a fellow C60 #tide owner.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Thank you Guy, more and more C60 #tide watches are starting to pop up now. I am going to try the #tide strap today.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

We still need more #tide photos in the Reference Gallery.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Warton-John
Junior
Junior

Post by Warton-John »

Kip wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:46 am We still need more #tide photos in the Reference Gallery.
Noted, Kip.

I will add some photos. Thanks for the nudge and the link.

John.
Warton-John
Junior
Junior

Post by Warton-John »

As I said I would, I swapped onto the #tide strap to try it out.

It’s a nice strap, a little bit stiff (not too much though) and will be interesting to see if it becomes more supple after wearing for a while.

D8395B33-4B0A-4818-9DCC-ABFC12A768CF.jpeg
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

^^^^^ The strap will ease into shape around your wrist, I would even say custom fit. IMHO the strap completes the story as does it visually. Enjoy your watch.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’