Red Bezels - bit flashy or a tasteful pop of colour?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Re: Red Bezels - bit flashy or a tasteful pop of colour?

Post by Timishere »

Devarika Woulf wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:43 am I don't own a red bezel Trident but I've always fancied one. I think it simply adds a nice splash of color to something that most average people won't look twice at. Instead of the same black you see everywhere you get a sporty touch on a classy watch. Reality is the Tridents are nothing in comparison to the recently released Oris Aquis cherry I'm planning to purchase. That one screams "I'm red look at me!". :veg:
That Oris is quite something. I happened to see the other thread this morning about Tribus and they have a seriously colourful watch in the "My Dog Sigh" range. Might be worth a look to really go to town!
Toph
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Toph »

They’re grrreat
8EA27425-B156-49DF-A47C-7AD3CF0BBA19.jpeg
F6588299-4776-464C-A7BC-88397BFF46C8.jpeg
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

It’s a colourful world, therefore nothing flashy about a bit of red.

D68E415F-1FA7-45A1-8A59-F67FB93A07F7.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

Ok, I think I'm close to deciding on keeping this bad boy based on the reassuring comments (I hadn't realised how indecisive I had become in my old age).

I might still stick it on ebay though and share the discount I got on it in summer specials though (to subsidise a blue one). I'm giving myself one day of procrastination.
IMG_20210908_162250.jpg
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Timishere wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:31 pm Ok, I think I'm close to deciding on keeping this bad boy
Oh dear, it is on the naughty step already! What has it done?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:34 pm
Timishere wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:31 pm Ok, I think I'm close to deciding on keeping this bad boy
Oh dear, it is on the naughty step already! What has it done?
I think the top pip is slightly misaligned. But mainly it is causing me sever cognitive dissonance
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Timishere wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:31 pmImage
I think that looks real nice on you! I'd say only keep it if you enjoy the hit of red. If you'd prefer something more subtle, ditch it for black or dark blue. :thumbup:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
JymKhana

Post by JymKhana »

You should get any color you want as long as it is black. JK, the red looks great. I hope you enjoy it. Sadly, most people will not notice except another horophile.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Timishere wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:13 pm Hi Everyone

I'm a total newbie to the forum and generally poor at matching colours, so please bear with me and my question.

I just got a c65 vintage with red bezel and black dial (for a bargain price combining Summer Special and £100 code) and I'm totally in two minds about keeping it, vs getting a blue one (which would be £200 extra).

So the question is if members have found that a red bezel is wearable with most shirts / tshirts? Do people generally find they get noticed a lot, or just blend in? Obviously it is all a matter of personal taste, but just interested in what people think! I typically prefer a more understated look.

Thanks
Tim
I think the red bezel, black dial, vintage lume C65 is a very sharp looking watch. The aluminum bezel in red does not seem as shiney as the red ceramic bezel.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
MikeyT100
Senior
Senior

Post by MikeyT100 »

That red bezel is awesome! Get yourself a red lumberjack shirt and you're off!!!
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

Screenshot_20210920-183248.png
Here's mine, I don't find it flashy, just the right shade of red in my opinion.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

I’ve only ever had a comment about a red bezel watch, they said it looked expensive!

Red bezels are definitely not too flashy, now a red dial watch that exactly matches your Ferrari…

Red bezel with a black dial just works too, a bit like black dials and brown leather straps, the look just works!

I would say red bezels do look quite classy and luxurious
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I bought a red bezel watch from CW in the last sale, and was impressed with how fine it looked. I actually returned it, as they sent me the wrong watch, and didn't get a replacement, but I was impressed. It was matte, rather than glossy, and certainly not flashy. Just a pleasant alternative to other colours.