Question about some prices on the CW's website

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

Re: Question about some prices on the CW's website

Post by ssholloway21 »

It seems CW is not the only one to lower prices. I received an email this morning from Tribus on their new lower pricing. There is no doubt if a product is not moving like you want, price is the first item to be adjusted. While CW seems to have applied this to a select few watches, Tribus applied to their entire collection, and by a good amount. From a consumer spending standpoint I think consumers will start to reduce spending to adjust for inflation. Brands will have to respond to consumer buying patterns if this happens. For Tribus, it is interesting to note their initial approach of no sale offers and the decision to price on the higher side of mid-tier. Then, this summer they did a sale. Their announcement about lower pricing today suggests their watches are not selling well. They to try and blame on the current economic environment (and their 1st anniversary) but I do not think this is accurate. Perhaps they came into the market too high and now must adjust to increase sales.

I like their designs and would like to have one but their price always seemed too high. Now, the lower price makes the watch more attractive but now I am concerned about the brand not lasting.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

How much have they had to slash prices by? 10% across the whole range?
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

Post by ssholloway21 »

It looks like they are keeping the sales pricing they had during the summer. The small seconds was regularly $1600 exc. VAT and is now about $1200 exc. VAT (U.S.).
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

The sale pricing Tribus offered until recently was 30% off but only on specific models (seemed to be the less popular colorways). The current new pricing appears to be about a 20% discount from their original prices but is applicable on all of their chronometers.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

It's funny. This thread was about CW and not Tribus, but I didn't get an email from Tribus about reductions, although I have bought from them. Anyway, nothing else from me on Tribus in the thread

With respect to changing prices, it's certainly a bit unexpected to buy something in a sale and then find that the price you paid is no longer a "sale" price, but a new normal price.

My wife noted she once bought a coat in a department store sale, had some lunch in the same store, and then happened to see the item she bought had been reduced further. They did give her a refund of the extra reduction, which was nice.