NPD T4 project

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: NPD T4 project

Post by JAFO »

ssholloway21 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:37 pm
ajax87 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:24 am My first ever photoshop attempt. Learned it today just to do this:

9BC2B455-9D02-4087-B006-9AD55F544CD0.jpeg
That looks great!
I really do think it reinforces the point that a bevel insert pack, consisting of solvent, 3M sticky ring, and coloured inserts would be a great thing for CW to offer. It's about the only thing an owner can easily do themselves without hard-to-use tools, and it would be such a wonderful opportunity. CW probably need to offer the sticky rings as a standalone piece, so that owners can change the inserts regularly. One watch becomes green, pepsi, batman, rainbow, anything. Buying and changing an insert is just like buying a different strap.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ Changeable bezel inserts might be a good idea for the mechanically dextrose WIS amongst us (forum members) but, I'm sure, we form only a small minority of CW customers; which makes them probably not worth the trouble / effort for CW.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bahnstormer_vRS

StrapMeister wrote:C60 Anthropocene GMT Pepsi
C60-42.jpg
ajax87 wrote:My first ever photoshop attempt. Learned it today just to do this:

A couple of great efforts, gents. Thanks for taking the time and effort to put them together.

However, I'm not sure how they would translate into a C60 Trident Mk4, but nevertheless they will make a great foundation for a Forum LE.

Guy

DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

ajax87 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:24 am My first ever photoshop attempt. Learned it today just to do this:
That is good and the direction I want CW to take! But as I said in an earlier post I think the logo should be written as

.............................++
.........................................CHRISTOPHER
..............................................WARD

I personally think it looks more professional that way. :thumbup:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

DEV.Woulf wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:17 pm
That is good and the direction I want CW to take! But as I said in an earlier post I think the logo should be written as

I persoally think it looks more professional that way. :thumbup:
Here you go! Posted with the single line as well for quick comparison, and since I cleaned up the sizing and spacing.

0E45E913-E0B5-41D5-B0A2-7D2ED096B776.jpeg
09A61582-2845-439F-8769-1A927C288FEE.jpeg
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post (total 2):
DEV.WoulfJAFO
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DEV.Woulf »

ajax87 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:12 pmHere you go! Posted with the single line as well for quick comparison, and since I cleaned up the sizing and spacing.
=) Thank you. I mean it's up for debate, but for me, that first picture is their new logo. I really don't know much else they can do with it unless they want to change logos again or change the company name. I think that's just it. :ka:

Joseph.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

JymKhana wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:11 pm
WR rating-It is sufficient for a dive watch. Anything more is near pointless. Less would also not be desirable.

Things you don't need IMO:
Helium release valve-Please don't do this unless you are specifically targeting a contract to supply equipment for saturation divers. It is just a failure point for everyone else and as useful as owning a 240MPH car in the middle of New York.
These two points are certainly in opposition to each other. How is a HE valve pointless, but 600m WR a necessity? 300 is enough for the Submariner and Fifty Fathoms. Not sure how it's "not desirable".
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

ajax87 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:12 pm
DEV.Woulf wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:17 pm

I persoally think it looks more professional that way. :thumbup:
Here you go! Posted with the single line as well for quick comparison, and since I cleaned up the sizing and spacing.

0E45E913-E0B5-41D5-B0A2-7D2ED096B776.jpeg09A61582-2845-439F-8769-1A927C288FEE.jpeg
I like the second picture but I would be interested in seeing CHRISTOPHER WARD in small caps, similar size to the AUTOMATIC just beneath. (assuming small caps achieved a further reduction in overall width)
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

Yep, given the comments on the previous page I also wanted to see what the combined logo and name looked like (though it's a bit squashed up on the top of the dial here) as well as trying to add the third sub-dial I wanted earlier (a twelve hour counter) and a few other minor refinements. I chose the lime green version as the more I look at that one the more I like it!

But looking at this, I do think it's possibly a case of "less is more".
ChronoGreen2 (Large).png
(To that end, I got rid of the chronograph wordmark because that bit is obvious!)

(Edit: I've just realised some bits aren't lined up but I guess that's what happens when you're doing this late at night again! :lol: )
These users thanked the author monkeymax for the post:
DEV.Woulf
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by DEV.Woulf »

^ I think that looks really really good! :shock: :D

Joseph.
Bahnstormer_vRS

^^^^ Twin flags and logo at 12 is too much.

Has to be one or the other, not both.

Guy

JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

monkeymax wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:00 am Yep, given the comments on the previous page I also wanted to see what the combined logo and name looked like (though it's a bit squashed up on the top of the dial here) as well as trying to add the third sub-dial I wanted earlier (a twelve hour counter) and a few other minor refinements. I chose the lime green version as the more I look at that one the more I like it!

But looking at this, I do think it's possibly a case of "less is more".

ChronoGreen2 (Large).png
(To that end, I got rid of the chronograph wordmark because that bit is obvious!)

(Edit: I've just realised some bits aren't lined up but I guess that's what happens when you're doing this late at night again! :lol: )
As a comparison with the example just posted, I have just uploaded the first VC image I found, and it's only a small image. (wow - it displayed far bigger than I expected!) Now I look at the VC watch, I really dislike the symmetrical month and day placed above the 3-9 axis. Just shorten the 3 and 9 index marks, VC., and lower them. But that's just my opinion of a £35000 watch.

I have made this observation a few times, so this is positively the last. Having the word logo at 9 didn't stop me buying CW, and having it at 12 won't stop me either. There's more to a watch than the logo. Personally, I think a single line of small caps would be the best, together with the logo (and without the Geneva or London etc). Raymond Weil also have small caps, and it's unobtrusive. Nobody ever objects to seeing Mr Weil's name on their watches. Maybe even simply WARD would be popular. (ORIS and RADO are 4 chars, and many names are 5 chars)

Vacheron Constantin = 19 chars with the space (and to me, it's a bit long)
Christopher Ward = 16 chars with the space
Raymond Weil = 12 chars with the space
vc_image.jpg
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

I think the most letters put on a watch dial are:

Nautische Instrumente Muhle Glashutte/SA

Rolex and Tudor tend to write essays on dials but Muhle Glashutte defintiely have the longest name on a watch dial (unless of course you know different).
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:11 am ^^^^ Twin flags and logo at 12 is too much.

Guy

It looks cramped because it is too close to the top index. I think if it was all moved down 1 line it would not looked cramped at all. He did it that way so that he could use the original CW text placement.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:11 am ^^^^ Twin flags and logo at 12 is too much.

Guy
Disagree.

Logo and brand name on one line underneath is fine.

Well far better than sticking the name anywhere else on the dial. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK