100M waterproof vs 150M water resistant?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Re: 100M waterproof vs 150M water resistant?

Post by johncolescarr »

Bungle-ator wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:24 am
johncolescarr wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:57 pm I’ll admit to being a bit scared of taking my C65 GMT with 150m water resistance swimming, this is mostly because of the lack of screw down crown
That's just daft. It's no more or less water resistant to 150m than a watch with a screw down crown.
Oh totally daft, I agree! I’ve happily swam with 50m and 100m watches before without screw down crowns (or case backs in some cases), but I looooove my C65 so much that I wouldn’t want to risk it. I’ve even been taking it off when doing anything scratchy or damp. I guess I’m babying it.
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: 100M waterproof vs 150M water resistant?

Post by Bungle-ator »

johncolescarr wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:29 am
Bungle-ator wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:24 am
johncolescarr wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:57 pm I’ll admit to being a bit scared of taking my C65 GMT with 150m water resistance swimming, this is mostly because of the lack of screw down crown
That's just daft. It's no more or less water resistant to 150m than a watch with a screw down crown.
Oh totally daft, I agree! I’ve happily swam with 50m and 100m watches before without screw down crowns (or case backs in some cases), but I looooove my C65 so much that I wouldn’t want to risk it. I’ve even been taking it off when doing anything scratchy or damp. I guess I’m babying it.
Ahhhh well that's a totally different story, I completely get that :clap:

I was a little upset when the bezel was dented and chipped on mine. Not upset enough to send it in for repair though as last time they wouldn't let me collect it (pre covid and they're just a 5 minute walk away). Instead it went many miles with a courior without them telling me it was sent out and I found on my doorstep when I came home from work. It's going to have to stop working before I send it to them ever again.

For what it's worth I don't even take it off if the drill or the hammer comes out these days. Maybe that bash was good for it (or me).