C60 #tide

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C60 #tide

Post by jkbarnes »

StrappedUp wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:38 pm …but to see something so similar used so quickly after the LE is a bit sh***y (again imo).
Kind of like the C65 AM GT LE being followed up with the C65 VEVs. It was a limited edition and the last quartz…until it wasn’t.

At least the C60 #tide has more variation from the C60 Blue, in my opinion. The C60 #tide is beautiful and more appealing to me than the C60 Blue.
Drew
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Nice watch indeed but feel it does take the pi*# out of the people who bought the blue LE despite the minor differences
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
nburgess
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by nburgess »

I love this #tide model.
In fact I'd go as far to say this one has peaked my interest more than any other new release for quite a while.
Whilst I do get the comments about it being a bit off for owners of the original LE - it's hardly a new thing with CW...The AM GT, the Trident Elite 1000 to name but two. It's almost to be expected now in my view. At the end of the day, LE owners still have a limted edition run watch, no matter how similar it may or not be.
I can't wait to see more photos of this for sure :thumbup:
Neil
downer

C60 #tide

Post by downer »

I like everything about the #tide. My only reservation is the 42mm case and associated weight. However, with the on-the-fly bracelet adjustment I think that could be something I can overcome.
Richard
nburgess
Guru
Guru

Post by nburgess »

MiniMpi wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:06 pm The bracelet is also my choice :thumbup:
Are you gonna go for one then, Ferg ?
Neil
nburgess
Guru
Guru

Post by nburgess »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:20 pm ^^^^ Sorry Ryan and KCM, I disagree.

Whilst there are similarities there are many notable differences;-

42mm vs 40mm
Different wave pattern
Lumed wave pattern
Different bezel design; slim inner ring
Tide material in case back.
COSC rated movement with date @ 6

There are probably others.

But for the fact I've just sold my Blue Marine Foundation LE, I would happily own both.

Guy
I didn't know you'd sold your Blue LE, Guy ?
I'd been eyeing up one of them recently and was half tempted to message you asking for first refusal on yours. Now the #tide is out though, it doesn't matter! :D
Neil
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

I noticed this watch yesterday afternoon and thought it was the old model. :shock: Feels a bit like Seiko, with slight variations to their Save the Ocean model range.

Personally I'm not a fan of the #tide model name, although I'm surprised they didn't place that on the dial instead of CW.

It does seem that 12 o'clock is the new 9 o'clock, that was the old 12 o'clock. :lol:
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

I read in at least three places that £5 from each #tide strap goes to the charity but there's no mention of any contribution for buying the watch itself?
CM23
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 8

Post by CM23 »

I think they're both striking watches, and I personally prefer the larger cases. There are similarities for sure with the LE, but hopefully the difference specs will allow more people to enjoy the design and a CW.

My first CW was the C60 Bronze Ombré which I lusted over for ages, and had to track down a pre-owned over a year after initial release. Nothing else like it at the time, and I also loved it for that. Moving on, there's an upgraded version to the C60, one in grey, and another in C65. An existing buyer has something less unique as a result. But we've a hobby, CW has a business, so it's only natural to lean towards tried and tested 'looks'.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

nburgess wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:57 am
MiniMpi wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:06 pm The bracelet is also my choice :thumbup:
I'd like one Neil but I have a self imposed ban on buying any more watches till 2022.
I've finely realized that I have some amazing watches already and I need to use them and enjoy them.
As this isn't an LE, I may pick one up at some stage down the road.
nburgess
Guru
Guru

Post by nburgess »

MiniMpi wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:45 am
nburgess wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:57 am
I'd like one Neil but I have a self imposed ban on buying any more watches till 2022.
I've finely realized that I have some amazing watches already and I need to use them and enjoy them.
As this isn't an LE, I may pick one up at some stage down the road.
You do have an amazing collection mate, so cannot argue with that. Well done for being strong though.
I'd like to have such will power, and at least wait until I shift my C60 & C65 - but the feels are strong with this one...and now the code has landed with my copy of Loupe...oh man..
Neil
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

nburgess wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:34 am You do have an amazing collection mate, so cannot argue with that. Well done for being strong though.
I'd like to have such will power, and at least wait until I shift my C60 & C65 - but the feels are strong with this one...and now the code has landed with my copy of Loupe...oh man..
You only live once Neil mate :thumbup:
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

suicidal_orange wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:07 am I read in at least three places that £5 from each #tide strap goes to the charity but there's no mention of any contribution for buying the watch itself?
You're correct. The donation to the Blue Marine Foundation is based on each #tide strap and not on the watch.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

StrappedUp wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:40 pm It may just be me, but I feel disappointed for the people who bought the Blue LE.
CW have used the 'unique' wave dial from that watch and made a few small changes that don't differentiate it enough for me.

Still, they're in the business of selling watches and the LE was popular, so it's easy to understand the reasoning.
I bought the BLUE. I think they've done enough to differentiate the two so I'm not upset about it. Since I have the BLUE I'm not going to be taking my credit card out for this one though. Still saving for the C60 Concept which I hope won't be a rehash of any previous model.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

I was thinking more about this and, unless I've missed it, no brand has yet used "recycled plastic" anywhere but the caseback?

It would have been more interesting if CW went a step further and made the watch hands, hour markers or similar out of recycled plastic. It would have lifted the theme and made it a really unique piece.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex