C60 Anthropocene GMT

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: C60 Anthropocene GMT

Post by StrapMeister »

what-time-is-it wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:13 pm Noticed this about an hour ago, surprised it's not had a mention.
£1100, pre-order, mid-Sept delivery.

https://www.christopherward.com/dive/c6 ... W0-B0.html

ooooo I rather like that :D
rarebritishartglass
Junior
Junior

Post by rarebritishartglass »

Another superb watch from CW!

I am loving the details and finishes on this and the tide, feeling a bit spoiled by these c60 modern designs.

I think the ice dial and anthro colouring is great, and the 6 o’clock date is a winner.

The only caveat here is ‘careful what you wish for’

I think it’s an amazing watch that has been spoiled by the logo placement at twelve. It seems that CW has listened and appeased the years of moans regarding the 9 o’clock logo to the detriment of these dial designs.

The plain font logo works at 9 but looks squashed in and unbalanced at 12. The font works at a sub-text position but looks very uninspiring up top. It lacks in both style and sophistication and something more in the style of the mk2 Chr.Ward up there would have set this watch off perfectly.
My top 10 \ Favourite CW’s.....
C60 Elite LE | C60 5 Day LE | C60 Beast | C60 Bronze Ombré Chronometer (mk3) | C9 5 Day (White) | C60 Sapphire (Blue) | Standard C60 Black\Black mk3 | C60 Chr Red\White | C60 Chr Blue\White | Abyss for stealth.
rarebritishartglass
Junior
Junior

Post by rarebritishartglass »

Or even just the twin flags - why would you want to lose the twin flags??? Madness!

I am a massive enthusiast and so many details are nailed on perfect, I just don’t understand how the design team can get so many things spot on and then rubber stamp that at 12?
My top 10 \ Favourite CW’s.....
C60 Elite LE | C60 5 Day LE | C60 Beast | C60 Bronze Ombré Chronometer (mk3) | C9 5 Day (White) | C60 Sapphire (Blue) | Standard C60 Black\Black mk3 | C60 Chr Red\White | C60 Chr Blue\White | Abyss for stealth.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

Agree, there's a lot of shadow at play with that much text on the white opaque dial. The twin flags motif would have been better, shame I don't think CW are quite there yet.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
Surf609nj

Post by Surf609nj »

What are the screws at 3 and 9?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Surf609nj wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:46 pm What are the screws at 3 and 9?
They hold the Sapphire dial in place.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

How funny is this .............. :lol: :lol:

On both this thread and the C60 tide thread the negative comments are now that the name logo is at 12. What a turn around from when these were that the name logo was at 9 (of which I made a few :D ).

Hilarious.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

I’m liking this watch, hoping to see one next month.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by mvlow »

Mikkei4 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:09 pm How funny is this .............. :lol: :lol:

On both this thread and the C60 tide thread the negative comments are now that the name logo is at 12. What a turn around from when these were that the name logo was at 9 (of which I made a few :D ).

Hilarious.
I think the balance of date at 6 and logo at 12 looks really good.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Geefiasco
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Geefiasco »

Wish they’d have left the Twin Flags at 12.
The highest human act is to inspire.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Man, looks like there’s no winning for CW with the logo/word mark! Damned if they do; damned if they don’t.

I quite like this. I imagine the dial needs to be seen in person to fully appreciate. I can’t imagine a pic does it justice. Perhaps Ferg or Richard will get one and we’ll see the dial in it’s full glory in one off their magnificent pics!
Drew
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

I am one of the original (and vocal) moaners about the hideous wordmark at 9 (my opinion, relax! LOL).

This is the first watch that CW has released in the past 4 years that I would actually consider buying. The font does not bother me at all and the twin flags logo would clutter what is a lovely clean dial. Well done CW.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

FloridaPhil wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:50 am I am one of the original (and vocal) moaners about the hideous wordmark at 9 (my opinion, relax! LOL).

This is the first watch that CW has released in the past 4 years that I would actually consider buying. The font does not bother me at all and the twin flags logo would clutter what is a lovely clean dial. Well done CW.
Ditto.

Just in case CW do read this Forum - I missed out on buying a few watches due to the word@9 so I'm happy to see some recent and decent designs now being released with it at 12. There's still some elements of this watch and the tide watch that means I'd need to see for real before buying either but at least 1 of my base concerns has now gone.

I'll probably still wait to see if they do a standard dial (i.e. not Sapphire) in blue in the Sealander collection but at least I can look now.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

Looks pretty decent and pleased to see the logo back at twelve but would have been equally happy if cw had moved to just the twin flags at 12.
My only gripe would be how prominent the dark face screws are against that face. They are barely noticeable on my c60 blue and think a lighter steel silver finish would have faded them away a fair bit.
Cheers now, Paul
ScofieldReturns
Senior
Senior

Post by ScofieldReturns »

wow these are both beautiful, too bad they are only available in 42mm. well, good for my wallet on the other hand