Loupe thread

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
User avatar
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:47 am
CW-watches: 7
Location: West Michigan, USA

Re: Loupe thread

Post by ajax87 »

audio.bill wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 pm Loupe issues used to be available to download but I can't find them on the site. Has online access been removed, or can anyone provide a link to it? TIA
They’re all available in the archives:

https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive#p ... 481_page=5
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire|C60 Abyss|C65 SC|C65 316L LE|C60 mk3 GMT|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Hamilton Intramatic chrono|Shinola Runwell auto|Tissot|Timex|RZE Endeavor
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1404
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:59 pm

Re: Loupe thread

Post by JAFO »

Well, I reregistered, and received my loupe in the post this morning, together with a separate letter with a discount code.
As the discount code was on a personalised letter (auto-personalised, I presume), I won't quote it here.
User avatar
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
Posts: 14580
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:14 pm
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
Location: UK

Re: Loupe thread

Post by scooter »

I got mine too today.

The voucher code for £100 off over £500 and valid to 31/10/21 is 100LOUPE22.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
User avatar
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2009
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:59 pm
CW-watches: 0

Re: Loupe thread

Post by Richard D »

Looking forward to getting my copy, I always enjoy the read.
Richard

“understanding goes a long way” FI
audio.bill
Expert
Expert
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:11 am
CW-watches: 4
Location: Chicago suburbs

Re: Loupe thread

Post by audio.bill »

scooter wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:00 am I got mine too today.

The voucher code for £100 off over £500 and valid to 31/10/21 is 100LOUPE22.

scooter
Haven't received my copy yet, but just verified the new US code is 125LOUPE22 for $125 off. 8)
nowttolose
Senior
Senior
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:58 pm

Loupe thread

Post by nowttolose »

audio.bill wrote:
scooter wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:00 am I got mine too today.

The voucher code for £100 off over £500 and valid to 31/10/21 is 100LOUPE22.

scooter
Haven't received my copy yet, but just verified the new US code is 125LOUPE22 for $125 off. 8)
Not quite as good as the U.K. given £1 = $1.38.

But console yourself by not having to pay 20% U.K. value added tax.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
User avatar
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
Posts: 4772
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:21 am
CW-watches: 1
Location: East Anglia - arr 'aas right buh

Re: Loupe thread

Post by tikkathree »

audio.bill wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 pm Loupe issues used to be available to download but I can't find them on the site. Has online access been removed, or can anyone provide a link to it? TIA
Having a permanently open link to CW's website (it's all in the interests of self-control and keeping my hands in my pockets) I can say that it is at the website and appears readable online with no immediately visible "click to download" type features. Following the link to "WATCHES" doesn't lead to the current batch of new releases so maybe we are awaiting the new edition? :?
C60 MKI COSC black, MKI black GMT,
C60 MKII Day Date LE, GMT White, LE SH21 x2, ACAN, Bronze Ombre LE,
C60 MKIII Ombre COSC, Elite 1000 GMT,
C6 K'fisher x6,
C60 K'fisher x3
C600 Tritech x 3,
C63 Elite
C65 Anthropocene. Blue h/w,
User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 26007
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: Loupe thread

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

audio.bill wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 pm Loupe issues used to be available to download but I can't find them on the site. Has online access been removed, or can anyone provide a link to it? TIA
Once the paper copies have been posted and people are starting to receive them, a copy is always uploaded to the CW Archive.

Issue 22 is now available to view and download
Steve
Linguistic sophist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
exHowfener
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu May 28, 2020 6:26 pm
CW-watches: 1

Re: Loupe thread

Post by exHowfener »

Yes, my copy of Loupe arrived with today's post. No sign of the voucher though. Not that I'm spending at the moment - well, I am but it's all going on roof repairs, new gates etc. A bit boring really but in a good way, walking under those roof tiles hanging off was definitely getting "interesting".
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
BJH
Junior
Junior
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:57 pm
CW-watches: 18

Re: Loupe thread

Post by BJH »

Used my voucher today to order a C65 Super Compressor I have had my eye on for a while. Special mention to Heather for arranging next day delivery to make sure I had the watch for an upcoming holiday. Excellent customer service ‘again’ :clap:
ssholloway21
Junior
Junior
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:38 am

Re: Loupe thread

Post by ssholloway21 »

BJH wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:16 pm Used my voucher today to order a C65 Super Compressor I have had my eye on for a while. Special mention to Heather for arranging next day delivery to make sure I had the watch for an upcoming holiday. Excellent customer service ‘again’ :clap:
Good choice, that is my favorite in the collection. It is very comfortable to wear. I wear on the black rubber and amazed when I put the bracelet on how different it makes the watch look. I used the new code to purchase the C60 Elite 1000 on bracelet, on sale already but with the coupon it is now a steal.
audio.bill
Expert
Expert
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:11 am
CW-watches: 4
Location: Chicago suburbs

Re: Loupe thread

Post by audio.bill »

ssholloway21 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:38 pm
BJH wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:16 pm Used my voucher today to order a C65 Super Compressor I have had my eye on for a while. Special mention to Heather for arranging next day delivery to make sure I had the watch for an upcoming holiday. Excellent customer service ‘again’ :clap:
Good choice, that is my favorite in the collection. It is very comfortable to wear. I wear on the black rubber and amazed when I put the bracelet on how different it makes the watch look. I used the new code to purchase the C60 Elite 1000 on bracelet, on sale already but with the coupon it is now a steal.
I hope that your order is fulfilled honoring the sale price less the promo code discount you entered, but in the past similar orders that were accepted on their site were then cancelled with the explanation that their promo codes are only valid on full priced products and not on any sale or clearance prices. Keeping fingers crossed for you, please let us know once you hopefully receive shipping confirmation.
ssholloway21
Junior
Junior
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:38 am

Re: Loupe thread

Post by ssholloway21 »

audio.bill wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:09 am
ssholloway21 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:38 pm
BJH wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:16 pm Used my voucher today to order a C65 Super Compressor I have had my eye on for a while. Special mention to Heather for arranging next day delivery to make sure I had the watch for an upcoming holiday. Excellent customer service ‘again’ :clap:
Good choice, that is my favorite in the collection. It is very comfortable to wear. I wear on the black rubber and amazed when I put the bracelet on how different it makes the watch look. I used the new code to purchase the C60 Elite 1000 on bracelet, on sale already but with the coupon it is now a steal.
I hope that your order is fulfilled honoring the sale price less the promo code discount you entered, but in the past similar orders that were accepted on their site were then cancelled with the explanation that their promo codes are only valid on full priced products and not on any sale or clearance prices. Keeping fingers crossed for you, please let us know once you hopefully receive shipping confirmation.
I read your response last night and worried all night (LOL). This morning I received the dispatch email so I guess it went through. Maybe I just got lucky.
User avatar
rkovars
Forumgod
Forumgod
Posts: 828
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:56 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: New England, US

Re: Loupe thread

Post by rkovars »

audio.bill wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:09 am
ssholloway21 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:38 pm
BJH wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:16 pm Used my voucher today to order a C65 Super Compressor I have had my eye on for a while. Special mention to Heather for arranging next day delivery to make sure I had the watch for an upcoming holiday. Excellent customer service ‘again’ :clap:
Good choice, that is my favorite in the collection. It is very comfortable to wear. I wear on the black rubber and amazed when I put the bracelet on how different it makes the watch look. I used the new code to purchase the C60 Elite 1000 on bracelet, on sale already but with the coupon it is now a steal.
I hope that your order is fulfilled honoring the sale price less the promo code discount you entered, but in the past similar orders that were accepted on their site were then cancelled with the explanation that their promo codes are only valid on full priced products and not on any sale or clearance prices. Keeping fingers crossed for you, please let us know once you hopefully receive shipping confirmation.
I don't think the Super Compressor was in the summer specials so everything should be fine.
Current CW = C65 Trident Vintage GMT, C65 Dartmouth, C60 Trident Ombré COSC LE, C65 Super Compressor

In Review:

2 More CW's on the short list! (This is pretty much a lie - I have at least 17 CW Tabs open at the moment!)
ssholloway21
Junior
Junior
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:38 am

Re: Loupe thread

Post by ssholloway21 »

rkovars wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:35 pm
audio.bill wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:09 am
ssholloway21 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:38 pm

Good choice, that is my favorite in the collection. It is very comfortable to wear. I wear on the black rubber and amazed when I put the bracelet on how different it makes the watch look. I used the new code to purchase the C60 Elite 1000 on bracelet, on sale already but with the coupon it is now a steal.
I hope that your order is fulfilled honoring the sale price less the promo code discount you entered, but in the past similar orders that were accepted on their site were then cancelled with the explanation that their promo codes are only valid on full priced products and not on any sale or clearance prices. Keeping fingers crossed for you, please let us know once you hopefully receive shipping confirmation.
I don't think the Super Compressor was in the summer specials so everything should be fine.
He was referring to the C60 Elite I purchased that was on clearance. I used the promo code and it appears it shipped.
Post Reply