How Does the C60 Elite 1000 Wear?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

How Does the C60 Elite 1000 Wear?

Post by ssholloway21 »

Hello Everyone,

I need some help! How does the watch wear. I am planning to purchase on the bracelet and have never owned a titanium watch. Does feel a lot different than steel (besides the weight)? Does it scratch easier? Lastly, at 15.4 tall does it wear top heavy? Thank you for any help
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: How Does the C60 Elite 1000 Wear?

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Aside the obvious difference in weight, making the Elite 1000 more comfortable than a steel variant, the Titanium will feel warmer when you first put it on and, once the metal has equalised in temperature with your wrist, it will feel smoother and less sticky.

Hope that makes sense.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Wacton77

Post by Wacton77 »

I absolutely love mine. Had it just over a year now and it’s definitely one of my favourites. It obviously feels much lighter than a steel but I still feel it has some weight behind it and so doesn’t feel ‘tinny’, if you see what I mean. I really don’t mind the height, but I’m not sure how it will wear on a smaller wrist (mine are around 7 1/2”). I know lots like a slimmer watch but I quite like that it sits slightly higher than my others. I certainly don’t feel like it’s top heavy.

In terms of scratching I’d have to say I was surprised how easily the bracelet scratched - probably against the edges of my metallic laptop - so I quickly swapped it out for a hybrid and only put it on the bracelet when I’m not going to be working. The case has zero marks on it after a year so I’d say it’s pretty resilient.

Hope that helps. It’s a fantastic looking watch and I’m proud to own one!
Chris
CWL
C60 Trident 300
C8 UTC Worldtimer
C65 Trident Diver
C60 Elite 1000 (Blue)
CM23
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 8

Post by CM23 »

Hands down, the most comfortable CW I've owned, but the Ti did pick up scratches easier than my steel versions. A worthwhile compromise though.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

In really like mine. As you point out, It is much lighter than steel. It’s easy to forget you’re wearing it.
It’s less of a scratch magnet than my Tissot polished titanium, but I tend not wear it for anything likely to scratch it. It is tall but it feels very balanced on the wrist.

Overall, I recommend the watch. Day, date complications, hr valve, exhibition case back and titanium? What’s not to like at that price?
Toph
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Toph »

It is very comfortable, more so than the steel versions of the C60.
It’s definitely thicker and wears higher on the wrist but not top heavy. I have just under a 7 inch wrist.
I have the LE version which is ‘only’ 14.9mm thick but i like it a lot
Recommend the bracelet as that makes it wear well on me
C177E01C-9859-459B-9893-B3FA129B4049.jpeg
5D513220-8DEC-4BCA-AFE6-B87F3F0A17DC.jpeg
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

Post by ssholloway21 »

Thank you everyone for the replies. I really like the watch but just concerned on thickness. I will keep everyone posted!
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

ssholloway21 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:41 pm Thank you everyone for the replies. I really like the watch but just concerned on thickness. I will keep everyone posted!
I don’t own this watch, but objectively the height-to-width ratio looks pretty good. You tend to notice height less when spread out over a wider case. And of course as has been stated above, the lightness of titanium will be a big factor in making it wear thinner than the height suggests.

You can always buy just to try it on and test it. Send it back if you don’t like it!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:23 pm Aside the obvious difference in weight, making the Elite 1000 more comfortable than a steel variant, the Titanium will feel warmer when you first put it on and, once the metal has equalised in temperature with your wrist, it will feel smoother and less sticky.

Hope that makes sense.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
For me, overall lack of weight is the most noticeable feature of titanium and especially the feel of the bracelet. I was once caught out by a new titanium watch and bracelet set and at first I thought the bracelet must have been "low-spec" because the links interact with other quite differently in a way which isn't easy to describe but there's a tiny friction which feels like they could be wet or something.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
ssholloway21
Senior
Senior

Post by ssholloway21 »

ajax87 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:11 pm
ssholloway21 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:41 pm Thank you everyone for the replies. I really like the watch but just concerned on thickness. I will keep everyone posted!
I don’t own this watch, but objectively the height-to-width ratio looks pretty good. You tend to notice height less when spread out over a wider case. And of course as has been stated above, the lightness of titanium will be a big factor in making it wear thinner than the height suggests.

You can always buy just to try it on and test it. Send it back if you don’t like it!
True! Quick question on that note since there will be customs, etc. paid on this. I assume you just lose this, correct?
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

ssholloway21 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:57 pm
ajax87 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:11 pm

True! Quick question on that note since there will be customs, etc. paid on this. I assume you just lose this, correct?
Good point. I’m not sure since I have never returned one. I recall hearing from someone that you might be able to recoup some fees by requesting it from DHL with the return form, but to be safe I would just plan on losing the customs fees.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

I love mine.
I have relatively small diameter wrists at a bit over six and a half inches, but they are relatively wide and flat so I can get away with both the diameter and lug length of this watch. Just!
I do not find the thickness an issue either. Much if this is the case back and I find that this bulge simply buries itself in my wrist, so is not that noticeable. The real “meat” of the case thickness is still quite slim and I have found that this watch will still slip under a shirt cuff with no problems. To be fair though, I have never tried it with both shirt and sweater, but once the weather changes we will see…
I’d say go for it, these are great watches.
Keep safe,
C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
nowttolose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by nowttolose »

I have a 6.5 inch / 16.5 cm wrist, and have always worn 40 or 41mm watches.

It took buying a Trident Pro 600 to realise a 38mm watch is actually the sweet spot for me. Not that I won’t buy or wear another 40+mm watch, but it needs to have a shorter lug-to-lug.

But, I reckon your wrist needs to be over 7 inches to pull and elite off without it looking like a satellite dish on your arm.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
Andy Porter

Post by Andy Porter »

Hi, the watch sits really well on the wrist as not particularly heavy. Have the say the clasp of titanium bracelet has marked very easily on my wooden work desk.
I have the hybrid strap as well. Nice for short periods of time but I prefer the metal bracelet.