C11 Makaira Titanium Elite 500

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Davy Crockett
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

C11 Makaira Titanium Elite 500

Post by Davy Crockett »

I have been looking for another watch to feed my addiction and have a few on my radar, thought I might have picked something up in the 'Flash Sale' but sadly not. Kept looking at the C60 Elite 1000 GMT (still do!) and was very close to committing until I stumbled across a C11 Makaira Titanium Elite 500 :shock:

Now I found myself in a real predicament.... both on the watch list (no pun intended), couldn't afford both but which one??? :-k

Much reading, perusing, debating and cogitating later I was still 50/50 and none-the-wiser!! So, Saturday night whilst Ms Crockett was out I sat down with a glass (or 3!) did more research and more reading until decision made.

Bit the bullet, pulled the trigger and took the plunge.... C11 ordered!!

Arrived yesterday and opened the box like a kid on christmas morning, anticipation of seeing contents... too big? too small? condition? ??

All I can say is it has exceeded each and every expectation and then some!!! :shock: :clap:

Apologies if it looks a bit mucky but couldn't resist wearing at work today!!

Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Re: C11 Makaira Titanium Elite 500

Post by Soporsche »

Great acquisition, the C11 has been on my radar for a couple of years and come close several times.
The titanium especially is super attractive, bit different and looks like a no nonsense tool.
The thing that has held me back slightly is the lug to lug with the square(ish) shape and how large it may wear. I'd be interested in your thoughts (I have 7½ inch wrists but very prominent wrist bone).
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Illiera
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Illiera »

This is one watch that I love the look of, but is so different to what I currently have (square, bright, large) I’ve never been brave enough to pull the trigger. Would appreciate if you could share some wrist shots too.
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations mate :clap: 8)
The First ever CW made with Titanium also.
I have had my C11 Titanium Elite 6 years now which is a LONG time for me to hold on to a watch, says it all really ;)
Geefiasco
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Geefiasco »

Really nice watch!
The highest human act is to inspire.
cincfleet
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 8

Post by cincfleet »

The Makaira Pro C11-MAK-SKWSI
C11 Makaira Pro 500 Steel case, Black Rubber/Silicone.
This was my second foray into CWL and my first automatic. My wrist shots are/have been appalling, yes its a substantial watch with a decent weight, but on the wrist it fits like a glove :thumbup:
The Titanium looks superb, enjoy wearing it :thumbup:
Attachments
Makairapro1a.jpg
makaira Pro
Gareth
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Post by Gareth »

Good choice to go with the C11. It took me a couple of years to find my one - considering they made 500 of them, they really don't come up for sale very often which I guess shows how much their owners rate them.
Davy Crockett
Senior
Senior

Post by Davy Crockett »

Thanks all for the comments and thoughts.
Soporsche wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:09 am Great acquisition, the C11 has been on my radar for a couple of years and come close several times.
The titanium especially is super attractive, bit different and looks like a no nonsense tool.
The thing that has held me back slightly is the lug to lug with the square(ish) shape and how large it may wear. I'd be interested in your thoughts (I have 7½ inch wrists but very prominent wrist bone).
I have 7 1/4 inch wrists also 'bony', I wear my watches loose enough to fit my index finger in the strap and the C11 fits perfect.
Wrist shots as requested

Few thoughts if I may share;
Size: at 42mm it 'appears' to be slightly larger, bezel is 42mm but case outer measures 44mm top to bottom. For me perfect size & presence
Weight: I have a similar sized non-CW titanium and the C11 feels slightly heavier, but not too much. very comfortable wearing.
Presence: The C11 absolutely 'pops' on the wrist, lovely contrast between the titanium and rubber and then the :schockiert: of the bright yellow markings.

To sum it up I cannot say how much I love this watch and will be in my stable for some time if not perpetuity!!
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Great pick up. They don’t make them like that anymore. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Davy Crockett wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:50 am Thanks all for the comments and thoughts.
Soporsche wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:09 am Great acquisition, the C11 has been on my radar for a couple of years and come close several times.
I have 7 1/4 inch wrists also 'bony', I wear my watches loose enough to fit my index finger in the strap and the C11 fits perfect.

Few thoughts if I may share;
Size: at 42mm it 'appears' to be slightly larger, bezel is 42mm but case outer measures 44mm top to bottom. For me perfect size & presence
Weight: I have a similar sized non-CW titanium and the C11 feels slightly heavier, but not too much. very comfortable wearing.
Presence: The C11 absolutely 'pops' on the wrist, lovely contrast between the titanium and rubber and then the :schockiert: of the bright yellow markings.

To sum it up I cannot say how much I love this watch and will be in my stable for some time if not perpetuity!!
Thanks Davy, that's really helpful. Great pics too!
Hope you're getting on with the other recent acquisition though suspect the C11 has stolen the limelight :D
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

Congratulations on a great pick up, I have always really like the Makaira & have owned 2 myself. :thumbup:
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I do love a C11, I've owned 6 in all including the Elite and Extreme. The chrono was useless for timing anything due to the broad hands frequently obscuring the subdials though.

Ultimately I found them just a bit too large for my slim wrist, albeit I subsequently purchased a 44mm Panerai....although it actually wears slighlty smaller than a C11.

Great watches, original design and a good choice of colourways. I don't believe the C11 sold that well which is a pity and It would be good to see CW try something like this again.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
CM23
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 8

Post by CM23 »

Great pickup, especially with the strap too - the buckle is solid. I love my C11 - the shape, colours and hands just work for me, and the Ti makes it a very easy watch to wear. Enjoy!
Hooley

Post by Hooley »

You inspired me to find one.....but i found 2. I now have an Elite and an Extreme