Will there be future hand-wound models?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Will there be future hand-wound models?

Post by H0rati0 »

CBMVic20 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:12 pm
Could probably live with the C8 as it has a PR but I read somewhere on the forum that it takes up to 300 winds for a full charge :-k
Both of my manuals have PR indicators (which is very useful) but typically I wind daily after a shower etc (they are both on leather) one just gets into the habit.
IMG_0688.jpg

The C8 needs about 100 winds for a full charge from empty, roughly 20 turns per day of charge which is in line with my experience of most HWs, but here the big crown makes winding a breeze.

If you still like the C8, I would highly recommend finding one as they are the equal of anything in the aviation watch space and are unbeatable VFM. I would not be without mine.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Stuart1
Senior
Senior

Post by Stuart1 »

H0rati0 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:51 pm
CBMVic20 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:12 pm
Could probably live with the C8 as it has a PR but I read somewhere on the forum that it takes up to 300 winds for a full charge :-k
Both of my manuals have PR indicators (which is very useful) but typically I wind daily after a shower etc (they are both on leather) one just gets into the habit.
IMG_0688.jpg
The C8 needs about 100 winds for a full charge from empty, roughly 20 turns per day of charge which is in line with my experience of most HWs, but here the big crown makes winding a breeze.

If you still like the C8, I would highly recommend finding one as they are the equal of anything in the aviation watch space and are unbeatable VFM. I would not be without mine.
I do like your Zenith. My partner has the Zenith Elite Rainbow Diver, which she loves. Even though it is an auto it is only 9mm thick.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

jayin07 wrote:Just want C65 Trident Diver on board again :(

Love that design.
There's one waiting for you in the Sales Corner at the moment.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Stuart1 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:35 pm
I do like your Zenith. My partner has the Zenith Elite Rainbow Diver, which she loves. Even though it is an auto it is only 9mm thick.
Thank you sir!

I am in the "Zenith are underated" camp, they have made and still do make some very nice stuff, those these days mostly a little too "sporty" for my taste.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ Zenith might well be underrated, but they have never struck me as camp.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by H0rati0 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:07 am ^^^ Zenith might well be underrated, but they have never struck me as camp.
Must be me then! :lol:
Stuart1
Senior
Senior

Post by Stuart1 »

H0rati0 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:29 am
Stuart1 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:35 pm
Thank you sir!

I am in the "Zenith are underated" camp, they have made and still do make some very nice stuff, those these days mostly a little too "sporty" for my taste.
El Primero beats Daytona and Speedmaster. The El Primero can be either hand wound (420) or auto (400). It just purrs along at 36,000 vph. And you can still get them at reasonable price.