Service Issue

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Service Issue

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Quite annoyingly I’ve just had my C7mk2 back from a battery change at CW towers. Work done quickly and I was pleased until I realised they’d put the bracelet on the wrong way. Most normal mortals can change bracelets ok, but I find changing non-QR bracelets a complete faff which ends in high blood pressure, pain and life changing injury. I’ll set to correcting the bracelet in due course but it’s an aggravation I could do without……
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Service Issue

Post by jkbarnes »

Once when I put a non-QR bracelet on backwards, rather than try to remove it and reattach it correctly, I removed pins from the links on either side of the clasp and reversed the clasp accordingly (accounting for the preferred number of links on the appropriate sides of the clasp). It was actually far easier than trying to get the damned thing off then on again!
Drew
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ A great work around, especially as the C7 Mk2 bracelets are notoriously difficult to get fitted.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I agree that sounds actually much easier than swapping the bracelet Andrew :clap:
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

jkbarnes wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:54 pm Once when I put a non-QR bracelet on backwards, rather than try to remove it and reattach it correctly, I removed pins from the links on either side of the clasp and reversed the clasp accordingly (accounting for the preferred number of links on the appropriate sides of the clasp). It was actually far easier than trying to get the damned thing off then on again!
Thanks and thanks again JKB, what a great idea! I'll follow that approach.