Any new CWs in the pipeline?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Any new CWs in the pipeline?

Post by jkbarnes »

Are there any new CW models in the pipeline to look forward to this fall? I don’t mean to wonder if someone has insider information, but something more along the lines of other things hinted at earlier in the year that we haven’t seen yet.

Honestly, after the release of the C63 Sealander line and some of the other great models, it feels a bit greedy to even ask the question!
Drew
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: Any new CWs in the pipeline?

Post by Thegreyman »

I think there’s a new Loupe in the offing so maybe some teasers in that.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

I reckon there must be some new ones coming soon. My guess is that the next release will be colour variations as we’ve already been treated to new models in the C63s and the rumoured C60 special later this year.

My hope is that the next releases include a C65 black ombré………
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

The one I’m looking out for is the C60 Concept LE. It’s apparently set to “push the design envelope of the dial and calibre SH21”.

Coming autumn 2021.

And does the C1 Powerglow indicate a C1 Apex in the works? I’d like to think so.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Will we see any more hand wound models?
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Lars
Senior
Senior

Post by Lars »

What about having the Trident mk4 with a textured dial similar to the mk2.

I think omega had smooth for a period but these were less desirable.

Do you prefer a smooth dial of the mk3 or a textured wave dial like the mk2?
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Traditionally, a lot of new lines have been introduced in late spring (May) and early autumn (September).
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Lars wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:42 am What about having the Trident mk4 with a textured dial similar to the mk2.

I think omega had smooth for a period but these were less desirable.

Do you prefer a smooth dial of the mk3 or a textured wave dial like the mk2?
Im hoping for a MK4 with either flags or wording at 12, waves or no waves, white dial black bezel, 40mm. fingers crossed
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

I suppose that the short answer, given CW's output is always going to be "Yes". As to what, my guess is probably no better (or worse) than anyone else's! A new colourway would be a relatively easy way to pep up a line, could we see a blue Sealander? I think that would be nice, Another sapphire colour - green?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

ajax87 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:57 pm The one I’m looking out for is the C60 Concept LE. It’s apparently set to “push the design envelope of the dial and calibre SH21”.

Coming autumn 2021.

And does the C1 Powerglow indicate a C1 Apex in the works? I’d like to think so.
C60 Concept LE is due November. C1 Apex has been pushed back, probably indefinitely as the "Concept" design has replaced the "Apex" design. The next release is supposed to be an update to the C1 sometime around August/September but timing may change due to Covid, etc.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

At the risk of spreading unfounded rumors, wasn’t there an interview of Mike France earlier this year where he was directly asked about the color green entering the CW product line? I believe he was a bit vague but hinted positively about it.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

thomcat00 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:02 pm At the risk of spreading unfounded rumors, wasn’t there an interview of Mike France earlier this year where he was directly asked about the color green entering the CW product line? I believe he was a bit vague but hinted positively about it.
Yes and Yes.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
JeremyS
Junior
Junior

Post by JeremyS »

I kinda like the current C60 MKIII. It’s only been around for a couple years. I think they nailed the case and crown. The bracelet and clasp are pretty good, too. I’d prefer screws for bracelet adjustment over friction pin and collars, but it works pretty well. I like it when a design reaches a certain maturity and sticks around for a while. Maybe some dial and hand colour changes here and there.

It would be nice if they found a stable or consistent home for the SH21 automatic. It seems like it often ends up in some obscure or polarizing design. Maybe a few sapphire colors without the wacky power reserve and other complications that likely just thicken the movement.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

JeremyS wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:13 pm It would be nice if they found a stable or consistent home for the SH21 automatic. It seems like it often ends up in some obscure or polarizing design. Maybe a few sapphire colors without the wacky power reserve and other complications that likely just thicken the movement.
Agreed, I would love a range of C60 MkIIIs in various colour combinations with the SH21 movement inside... it seems such a shame to only have the SH21 in their high end or esoteric models :problem:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

JasperCat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:17 pm ... it seems such a shame to only have the SH21 in their high end or esoteric models :problem:
The flagship, in house movement should be offered in their flagship watch. A C60 Trident with the SH21 as a standard production model seems like a no brainer to me. That’s something I would save up for. Maybe offer some minor cosmetic changes to further differentiate it from the standard C60 line. Perhaps sell it with both a bracelet and a #tide, hybrid, or cordovan strap maybe? A more premium watch as part of a premium package reflecting the best of the brand would be nice.
Drew