C65 Bracelet Fitting Comparison

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

C65 Bracelet Fitting Comparison

Post by welshlad »

When I acquired a C65 Chrono in the recent sale, rather than immediately resize the bracelet, which might create an issue if I wanted to return it, I thought I would try it out on the bracelet from my C65 SH21 LE instead, as that is already sized correctly for my wrist.

The C65 SH21 bracelet did fit the C65 Chrono, but the top of the end links weren't flush with the lugs. When I switched to the correct bracelet, they were nicely flush.

No big surprises here, but the question often comes up about whether bracelets from one watch are compatible with other watches. Well this one is neither a strict yes or no, but more of a "kind of" situation. So, I thought I'd show some pictures so people can see how things are for this watch and bracelet.

Here's the C65 Chrono on the C65 SH21 LE bracelet - notice how the bracelet end links are sunk below the level of the lugs:

2021-07-31 15.17.10.jpg

And here's the C65 Chrono on its correct bracelet, with the end links flush against the top of the lugs:

2021-07-31 15.39.54.jpg

Hope that helps someone! :)
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: C65 Bracelet Fitting Comparison

Post by suicidal_orange »

I quite like the recessed look of the 'wrong' bracelet as the middle section of the links are raised and it matches (though assuming it's like the C65 Classic bracelet it's only a slight difference on the links) Is there any comfort issue from height difference on the back?
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

suicidal_orange wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:00 pm I quite like the recessed look of the 'wrong' bracelet as the middle section of the links are raised and it matches (though assuming it's like the C65 bracelet it's only a slight difference on the links) Is there any comfort issue from height difference on the back?
It certainly didn't look "wrong" when I wore it with the SH21 bracelet, just different from the official look. There were no comfort issues - both bracelets felt the same to me in terms of how the watch sat on the wrist.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Good to know, I'm sure it will help someone :thumbup: