C60 Gunmetal Prototype

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: C60 Gunmetal Prototype

Post by jkbarnes »

Congratulations on a beautiful watch. You really came out ahead with this one, as the gunmetal is much nicer than black DLC/PVD!
Drew
Will_75
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Will_75 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:02 am Rather fetching there, Will.

Extended honeymoon looming?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Absolutely Guy. I almost feel sorry for my other watches
CWE admin and all round watch nerd. Usually found irresponsibly browsing the sales page.
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Got to agree, that looks great.

Brilliant pick up, thanks for sharing the photos and story :thumbsup:
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

I still come back to a point I've made a few times about how CW decides which models make it to production. This plus the power glow are two fabulous looking and very well received watches that haven't, so far, made it to production
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Yea that’s pretty great! I wonder if it was an option for what would become the Abyss?

It would be really cool if these prototypes came with a little blurb about their intent/purpose.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:18 pmI still come back to a point I've made a few times about how CW decides which models make it to production. This plus the power glow are two fabulous looking and very well received watches that haven't, so far, made it to production
I guess they pin pics on a dartboard and those that get missed with three darts are reserved for the special fast fingered few, random bad luck is the only reason that makes sense for most of the 'rejects'.
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

You landed a great one, Will! Congratulations, again! The gunmetal looks great from every angle.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

suicidal_orange wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:53 pm
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:18 pmI still come back to a point I've made a few times about how CW decides which models make it to production. This plus the power glow are two fabulous looking and very well received watches that haven't, so far, made it to production
I guess they pin pics on a dartboard and those that get missed with three darts are reserved for the special fast fingered few, random bad luck is the only reason that makes sense for most of the 'rejects'.
That approach my explain why CW put the Oh Deere, Birkin’s Blower and the C3 square thing in to production :?
Will_75
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Will_75 »

ajax87 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:51 pm Yea that’s pretty great! I wonder if it was an option for what would become the Abyss?

It would be really cool if these prototypes came with a little blurb about their intent/purpose.
It would be really cool, I agree.

I have a trip to Park Street in mind later this year - I’ll ask them!
CWE admin and all round watch nerd. Usually found irresponsibly browsing the sales page.
ScottyJames

Post by ScottyJames »

I like this one a lot!