C60 Titanium

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Barryboy

C60 Titanium

Post by Barryboy »

Hi... Can anyone advise the differences between the Mk1 and the Mk2 Trident Pro 600 Titanium? Pics would help or perhaps someone could direct to me a suitable web page? I've done what research I can but I'm still stymied.

I have just bought no. 0254 dated January 2018 and assume (but perhaps wrongly??) from the date that it is a Mk2

Pleased to hear
Rob
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: C60 Titanium

Post by ajax87 »

Hi Rob,

Have you heard about the CW archive? It has a ridiculous amount of info about all models ever, and the company.

Im not familiar with those models, but I’m sure the archive has the info you’re looking for!

https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive/#home/

Edit: the reference gallery also has entries for both of these.

Edit again: can you post a pic of yours for reference?
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Thanks, Alex.

Rob, I think this is the page you want.

Unfortunately we are lacking a few model photos for these, but from the description:
  • Both are C60 Trident Mk2
  • Version 1 has grey lumed indices and hands, V2 has white.
Does that make sense?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Barryboy

Post by Barryboy »

Thanks, Alex... Yes, i have seen the archive but it has done nothing but confuse me.... according to the archive this is my watch (at least the photo is identical to my watch)

https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive/# ... f67097369/

and the archive shows the model number as being C60-43-Ti-V1-Ti - I interpret that as meaning it's a C60, 43mm case diameter Titanium case, Version 1 and Titanium bracelet

However the Certificate of Authenticity shows the model number as C60-43ADA2-SOBBO but when comparing that to the post 2017 codes list

https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive/#watch-codes/

I take it mean that it's a C60, 43mm diameter, automatic with date but does the 2 mean Version 2?? and as for the SOBBO ?? That doesn't make any sense... or are the letter 'O's really zeroes?

Now this doesn't make any sense to me... It's obviously a titanium C60 with a titanium bracelet but other than that I am confused... Has there actually been two versions of this model? Perhaps other owners could help/advise?

As always grateful for any guidance.
Rob
Amor Vincit Omnia

Sorry, forgot to add the page link, but I don’t think it answers your question.

https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive/# ... b0c01261b/
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Barryboy

Post by Barryboy »

Further to all the above I can see from this:

"Originally released as a V1, with a two-tone brushed grey titanium case, the darker grey results from a diamond-like-carbon (DLC) finish. The dial is a stealth black. The V2 incarnation is relieved by the sharp white lume of the indices, hands and numerals of the matt black ceramic bezel. The titanium case is finished with a black diamond-like-carbon (DLC) coating"

that my watch is definitely a Version 1 but the code numbers are still a mystery.. But as the infamous Ned Kelly's final words at his hanging said "Ah well.. such is life!"

Many than sk to all who contributed
Rob
Amor Vincit Omnia

SOBBO is definitely wrong for that watch.

It stands for a plain steel case with blue dial and bezel (I think - I’m useless on codes!)

I’d suggest:
  • 1. Check with seller if you can. Did they put the wrong booklet in by mistake if they own several C60s?
  • 2. If no joy there, email a photo of the watch and CoA to Customer Services, asking for clarification.
Steve

Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Further to all the above I can see from this:

"Originally released as a V1, with a two-tone brushed grey titanium case, the darker grey results from a diamond-like-carbon (DLC) finish. The dial is a stealth black. The V2 incarnation is relieved by the sharp white lume of the indices, hands and numerals of the matt black ceramic bezel. The titanium case is finished with a black diamond-like-carbon (DLC) coating"

that my watch is definitely a Version 1 but the code numbers are still a mystery.. But as the infamous Ned Kelly's final words at his hanging said "Ah well.. such is life!"

Many than sk to all who contributed
Rob
If your watch looks like this, you have the C60-43-Ti-V1-Ti. You can link to Reference Gallery from from here and see the Titanium 2 version. Unfortunately we do not have all variant photos in the CWA yet, as Steve noted.

You can also download the proper manual from the CWA link as well.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Renton »

Hi Kip,
I'll email you a CW library photo of a V2 on black rubber :thumbup:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Thanks Dan. Received.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Barryboy

Post by Barryboy »

As a finale to this... I contacted the seller who refused to believe it was a series 1 watch and maintained that the cert of authenticity was correct for the watch. Definitely not happy with that and smelling a rat, I told him I wanted a refund through the Ebay process which he eventually agreed to. I will be sending it back to him today. Now I have his name and address but not sure if it's appropriate to put it up here... quite happy to do so but not sure how forum etiquette stands on things like that.....
Rob
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^. Not a good idea to name and shame publically; after all the seller's privacy is protected by their user name on eBay; as is yours.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Barryboy wrote:As a finale to this... I contacted the seller who refused to believe it was a series 1 watch and maintained that the cert of authenticity was correct for the watch.
The titanium V1 is not a MkI (or series 1) Trident. Both the V1 and V2 Tridents are MkII models and were released at the same time. V1 and V2 stands for either Version 1/2 or Variation 1/2, not sure which.

Nonetheless, S0BB0 (yes, zeros) is part of the code for a steel, blue dial, blue bezel Trident, so the warranty card is indeed mismatched.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Barryboy

Post by Barryboy »

OK.. as the final finale... I have had a complete refund from Ebay and have spunked the cash (and a bit more, in truth..) on a nice vintage (well, elderly, at least) Breitling in a trade plus cash deal with a member of the TZ-UK forum. But I will be getting a CW... not sure what model yet but leaning away from divers, TBH. I am keeping my eye to the ground, so to speak, while there's still some cash in the watch fund.

Will keep you posted as and when I get a CW

Rob
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Maybe the seller was genuine, and he had been caught out along the way.