Faith restored in CW

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Faith restored in CW

Post by Dickchins »

Ive posted a few whinges in the past months about shoddy and downright pants service from CW, and promised myself they would never get a penny from me again. The only thing keeping me on this forum, was the members and general overall love of watches. (CW's included).

In the prototype sale, I broke my promise to myself and "bought" one I couldnt resit. Obviously my luck being my luck, I was second to the party and my order has been cancelled and payment refunded.

Im pleased to say, the combination of Vallen, and James Hillard, have absolutely restored my faith in the whole outfit. Although ive nothing bought, the absolute gold standard of customer service I feel ive got needs mentioning, as I know a few others have had problems/complaints recently.

Credit where its due. I hope any others who have had a similar experience, find theres still nice people at CW towers that genuinely want to help.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Faith restored in CW

Post by JasperCat »

Great to hear and thanks for saying so :clap:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

:thumbup: Good to hear of a positive experience
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by suicidal_orange »

Very curious as to what they did after making a complete mess that was impressive without resulting in a purchase. It took two of them so maybe they wrote and sang you an apology duet down the phone?!
laughingboy
CW-watches: 7

Post by laughingboy »

suicidal_orange wrote:Very curious as to what they did after making a complete mess that was impressive without resulting in a purchase. It took two of them so maybe they wrote and sang you an apology duet down the phone?!
I was wondering the same! Image
I believe the standard remedy on the many times this has happened before is to offer an alternative with the same discount... more difficult with prototypes!

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Always good to hear of Credit where Credit is due, Paul and glad that, not only have you returned to the forum in recent weeks, but that faith has been restored.

Top notch. :clap: :clap:

You never know, it might pay to keep an eye on the Clearance page over the next few days. :wink: :wink:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

Personally, I've found their service to be extraordinary. Once time I missed out on a sale item by seconds (despite my Flash-like checkout speed :D ) and when they emailed me to inform the item had been sold, they offered me another watch at the same discount. My choice! Unbelievable service. Can't say enough good things about CW's CS and I have 100% confidence in them making it right should an instance arise. So far, after about 6-7 purchases of watches and straps, it's all been great.

I'm glad you are back in the positive camp :)
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

suicidal_orange wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:25 pm Very curious as to what they did after making a complete mess that was impressive without resulting in a purchase. It took two of them so maybe they wrote and sang you an apology duet down the phone?!

An epic rendition of "Islands In The Stream" won me over totally!!! If Vallen doesnt look like Dolly and James doesnt look like Kenny, im sulking again!!!

Theres an offer of sorts in the mix but far from simple. Money refunded anyway until something can be done but it'll be a while. Im saying nowt else yet, as my luck is absolutely shocking!

Its more the genuine nature of both of them, and willingness to sort something. Thats the opposite to what ive experienced the last few times.

Small things can make a big difference.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by suicidal_orange »

Dickchins wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:50 amIts more the genuine nature of both of them, and willingness to sort something.
That is indeed what excellent customer service is about :thumbup:
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

suicidal_orange wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:59 am
Dickchins wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:50 amIts more the genuine nature of both of them, and willingness to sort something.
That is indeed what excellent customer service is about :thumbup:
CW seemed to lose that flexibility and personal touch a few years back. Good to see that they’re rediscovering something that they were well known for in the earlier days