Some Fresh Bronze

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JeremyS
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Some Fresh Bronze

Post by JeremyS »

Received another Trident last night—this one is the “standard” 40mm C60 Trident, MKIII with the blue Ombré dial. There must be a more succinct naming convention for these things! At any rate, I thought I would post a few pics alongside the 42mm brown Ombré chronometer I’ve worn intermittently for the past 17 days.
You can see a slight difference in the bronze as the patina is just beginning on the brown Ombré. The 40mm version seems almost small on the wrist, but is extremely comfortable.

I will say this was the most torturous delivery and customs process of all my orders. This time, they wanted the complete clock and watch worksheet. Additionally, despite being the least expensive of my three orders, the DHL bill was the highest. CW customer service was helpful, but since the watch arrived in the US on a weekend, it took a little longer. I think it might be a good idea for US buyers to place orders on a Wednesday or Thursday, give CW a day or so to ship so that the watch arrives in the US on a Monday. Then, you have a good week to work through the silliness with CW available. Also, since it’s well known DHL loses or doesn’t see the clock and watch customs form, perhaps CW could just send those to overseas buyers with order confirmation so we can respond promptly to DHL ourselves. Just a thought…
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Some Fresh Bronze

Post by JasperCat »

Beautiful watches, both of them... congratulations :clap:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
CW257
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by CW257 »

Fantastic. I think this might very well be my next purchase, although I’m waiting until the January sale to see if I can snag a bargain.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Two lovely watches. I have the steel C60 Ombre with the black dial, and I am regularly drawn to the 40mm bronze version with the blue Ombre dial as a potential sibling to it. And your pictures are drawing me in again!

Must try to resist, at least until I sell a few after several purchases of late.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
rarebritishartglass
Junior
Junior

Post by rarebritishartglass »

Both great watches. CW bronze designs really are impressive with these two and the C65 ombré having a great look. If I could only choose one I would go for the C60 ombré because I prefer a slightly bigger watch, but I really love the bronze bezel on the mk3 40mm and the old mk2 43mm. I would love to see a bronze bezel on the C60 cosc ombré!!!
My top 10 \ Favourite CW’s.....
C60 Elite LE | C60 5 Day LE | C60 Beast | C60 Bronze Ombré Chronometer (mk3) | C9 5 Day (White) | C60 Sapphire (Blue) | Standard C60 Black\Black mk3 | C60 Chr Red\White | C60 Chr Blue\White | Abyss for stealth.
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

I like both of these; I think the blue dial of the smaller watch works really well with the raised bronze bezel. By comparison the C60 possibly feels a little dark, a little muted. I'm curious what size your wrist is, I'd imagine around 7" from the photos?

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
JeremyS
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Post by JeremyS »

strapline wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:09 am I like both of these; I think the blue dial of the smaller watch works really well with the raised bronze bezel. By comparison the C60 possibly feels a little dark, a little muted. I'm curious what size your wrist is, I'd imagine around 7" from the photos?

Des
Yeah, I’m right at 7” or a hair over that. The 42mm version fits very well, too, because of the case shape and the shorter lugs. Despite being quite similar watches, it surprised me how different they look. The blue ombré dial really pops.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

I'm surprised at the perceived difference in size with these two. I would not have guessed they are only 2mm difference. The blue looks much smaller. I wonder if the bezel plays a part in that perception of size. Possibly also L2L length, if it is more than 2mm. Both are great looking watches, although I have a soft spot for the bronze relief bezel.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

2 great looking watches you have there, the bronze is starting to grow on me & if I had to choose I think I would go with the black bezel over the bronze myself.
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.