Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Davy Crockett
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

C60 Elite GMT 1000 - Owners and members thoughts and opinions

Post by Davy Crockett »

Hello all,

I have had my beady eye on the C60 Elite GMT 1000 and watchful (pardon the pun!) gaze for a while now. Initially out the range of my 'pocket money' but am almost in a position to commit to its purchase.

Before I do, i would like to hear from owners what they think, having worn/used/lived with it and indeed non-owner members that may have some input.

I am happy size wise as I have a couple of 42mm watches which I find not too big, and owned a C60 Sapphire which was a touch too small.
I also read that the watch face 'appears' smaller due to the inner bezel but again happy with this as my C65 Supercompressor is a similar appearance.

Any thoughts and comments welcomed.

Thanks in advance....
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Re: C60 Elite GMT 1000 - Owners and members thoughts and opinions

Post by audio.bill »

One thing to keep in mind about the C60 Elite GMT 1000 is its case height of 16mm. Of course it has the sculpted case design which makes it appear somewhat thinner on wrist, 16mm is still quite tall which will make it much more prominent on your wrist than another thinner 42mm watch. If you're ok with the overall size including its height then it's a heck of a watch and a nice deal at the current special pricing!
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Hi Davy, it's definitely a case that this watch wears a bit chunky - I want to say it looks "compressed" due to the bezel and dial design.

Through choice mine tends to live on a strap rather than on the OE titanium bracelet and I do think that the titanium aspect of the watch and bracelet work in its favour.

Only you can gauge whether it works on your wrist but for me it's definitely a keeper and its design features make it stand apart from the flatter, more plainly dialled C60 siblings.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
rarebritishartglass
Junior
Junior

Post by rarebritishartglass »

I think at the end of the day all of the elite range are incredible watches and well worth buying.

Although I have never used it I think this is what the 60/60 guarantee is for, you can see and feel the watch for yourself with no pressure, then ultimately keep it and cherish it because it is so damn good!

Personally I prefer the non-gmt versions but they are all very impressive and built to last.
My top 10 \ Favourite CW’s.....
C60 Elite LE | C60 5 Day LE | C60 Beast | C60 Bronze Ombré Chronometer (mk3) | C9 5 Day (White) | C60 Sapphire (Blue) | Standard C60 Black\Black mk3 | C60 Chr Red\White | C60 Chr Blue\White | Abyss for stealth.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

I have the C60 Elite GMT 1000 and it's probably my most worn watch... Although the case is quite tall, it doesn't feel awkward at all, particularly when worn on the bracelet (which I do). The really impressive thing with these watches is how super light they are (titanium)... often forget I'm wearing it :D

Mine also keeps superb time... +2 secs per day :thumbup:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Bomber133

Post by Bomber133 »

Hi.

I have just bought one in the Summer Specials. I actually asked the same sort of question of members and people kindly replied to that thread with some useful thoughts that you might like to take a look at.

It does wear smaller than a 42mm to me and that does appear to be due to the inner bezel. It seems to wear more like a 40mm compared to my Planet Ocean, which is a 42 mm. I have a 6.75 inch wrist and it does not feel or look too big to me.

I can't say the thickness bothers me all that much as I have a couple of similar thickness watches and a combination of the light weight and the case shape means that although it is a relatively thick watch, it does not feel overly thick.

It is a very comfortable watch and does not (surprisingly) feel top heavy and again I suspect that is due to the light weight. I have only worn it on the bracelet so far. The bracelet is very comfortable and if you do go for it, I recommend picking it up on the bracelet. I will have to try it on the other straps and see what they are like.

I think it is a great deal at the discounted price and well worth it.

Cheers,

James
Davy Crockett
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Davy Crockett »

Thanks for the replies and comments :thumbup:

The 16mm size isn't an issue and despite having slightly smaller wrists I do prefer a 'chunky' watch. Construction is my trade and spend my work and leisure time outdoors, daily wear is a Garmin Fenix 6 which is 47mm x 15mm so the Elite 1000 will seem a touch smaller.

I intend to purchase on a strap rather than the bracelet and like the comments about its comfortable feel and also that it doesn't feel 'top heavy'

If the discounted price is still in effect when I get back home I can very well see another CW will be added to the collection!! [-o<

Thanks again for all the comments, just have to sneak it past Ms Crockett if(when) it arrives!! :-$ :lol: