Exclusive CW Forum Prototype Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Will_75
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: Exclusive CW Forum Prototype Sale

Post by Will_75 »

Kip wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:12 am I would like to say Thank You to everyone who participated in our Exclusive Sale. Congratulations to those of you who were able to grab something you wanted!

I also want to say that I do appreciate all he kind words I have received via pm's and emails.

I also want to say a special Thank you to The Admin Team as they picked up he slack as I was unavailable after the launch.

Remember that the remaining items may disappear at any time as stated in my original post.

I do hope you all enjoyed yourself.
Kip,

Thank you for organising this - I've always missed out in public sales, and this time I got what I came for. I've never moved so quickly!

Really appreciate it.
CWE admin and all round watch nerd. Usually found irresponsibly browsing the sales page.
Will_75
Senior
Senior

Post by Will_75 »

Clach77 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:04 am I had a look at this yesterday as soon as the link arrived. Some interesting watches in there. Luckily the the two I really like I’d picked up previously. :shock: Those were the C60 42mm MkIII bronze and the black DLC case C60 with white markers.

Mind you, the Powerglow was something special. Congratulation to those who bagged one. :thumbup:
so you must be the person who pipped me to the post on the DLC C60 in November? Thank you for returning it!
CWE admin and all round watch nerd. Usually found irresponsibly browsing the sales page.
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

Will_75 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:29 am
Clach77 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:04 am I had a look at this yesterday as soon as the link arrived. Some interesting watches in there. Luckily the the two I really like I’d picked up previously. :shock: Those were the C60 42mm MkIII bronze and the black DLC case C60 with white markers.

Mind you, the Powerglow was something special. Congratulation to those who bagged one. :thumbup:
so you must be the person who pipped me to the post on the DLC C60 in November? Thank you for returning it!
I didn’t! So there must have been another one. I’m pleased you’ve got one now. It’s a great watch. :)
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Will_75
Senior
Senior

Post by Will_75 »

Clach77 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:35 am
Will_75 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:29 am

I didn’t! So there must have been another one. I’m pleased you’ve got one now. It’s a great watch. :)
don't you love it when they find another unique model down the back of the sofa :lol:
laughingboy
CW-watches: 7

Post by laughingboy »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:I got delayed getting access to the Sale. :( :(

Several had already gone, 'add to bag' greyed out, but I found the C60 Bronze Mk3 with matt blue dial (not Ombre, which doesn't float my boat) still available and have plumped for that. :D :D

A minor niggle that it was RRP and not Nearly New but ho hum. Image Image

It will be a suitable replacement for my Mk2 C60 Bronze that I have recently sold back to its original owner. Image Image

Guy
Guy, if on the small chance you decide this one isn't for you please bear me in mind! I'd love this!
Regards,

Steve

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

tralls
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 10

Post by tralls »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:53 pm
nordwulf wrote:
ajax87 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:19 pm

WOW. I kind of really like this. Too bad I don’t have $2800+ to spare :shock:

It doesn’t show up for me anywhere on the prototype sale page or anywhere within CW. Only if I click your link. How did you find it?
I found it by searching for 'prototype' in the search box. This C1 showed up and was a public, not password protected link. So I assumed it was publicly available.
Mitigation maybe, but not a defence.

Posting the link is/was contrary to Kip's 'Terms of Engagement'.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
imo, I don't view that as contrary to Kip's Terms of Engagement. If it is on a public facing website, that is on CW and not the person who shared the link. If the person shared the link to the actual private page that would be a different story.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Will_75 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:27 am
suicidal_orange wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:25 amHopefully someone gleefully posts pics later - this was a forum sale so it would be rude not to. Unless they're in Australia and we have to wait a week :shock:
I'll be gleefuly posting just so soon as I get it, don't worry!
Great! Don't suppose you had time to read what the listing said was different? I was too busy trying to make the greyed out 'buy' button work to read it :lol:

Sounds like you're going to love it but if your foot falls off and you need to sell I'd be more than happy to give it a good home. If not maybe they'll find the skeleton hand version for next time, when I will no doubt be at work with no chance to buy it...
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE just popped up again if anyone is interested... I have one, they're lovely watches :thumbup:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Gar787 »

Kip wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:12 am I would like to say Thank You to everyone who participated in our Exclusive Sale. Congratulations to those of you who were able to grab something you wanted!

I also want to say that I do appreciate all he kind words I have received via pm's and emails.

I also want to say a special Thank you to The Admin Team as they picked up he slack as I was unavailable after the launch.

Remember that the remaining items may disappear at any time as stated in my original post.

Many thanks Kip, to you and the team for making this viable for us all. I missed out on what I was after as the dog wouldn’t come in and when I logged on I couldn’t ‘ungrey’ my ‘add to bag’ facility. Never mind.
This forum has been a lifesaver during lockdown and is part of my daily routine, it’s excellent and you should know that many of us on here genuinely appreciate your efforts. All the best and onwards and upwards mate. Cheers, Phil 👌
PHIL
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Gar787 »

JasperCat wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:45 pm C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE just popped up again if anyone is interested... I have one, they're lovely watches :thumbup:
Where? I can’t log into the Proto Sale now as the passsword is being refused…
PHIL
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

Gar787 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:51 pm
JasperCat wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:45 pm C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE just popped up again if anyone is interested... I have one, they're lovely watches :thumbup:
Where? I can’t log into the Proto Sale now as the passsword is being refused…
That’s odd, I just left the sale page open since yesterday and it still refreshes for me, but now can’t login in again with the password either :problem:
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Gar787 »

Nooo…I’ve just punched my iPad!
PHIL
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

Gar787 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:58 pm Nooo…I’ve just punched my iPad!
This is bizzare, I still have that page open and can refresh it and even add the SH21 to my shopping bag, but can't get back in via the URL and password :problem:
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by angusbon »

Will_75 wrote:

Kip,

Thank you for organising this - I've always missed out in public sales, and this time I got what I came for. I've never moved so quickly!

Really appreciate it.
Been nice seeing you on here for a couple of days Will, see you next sales time ImageImageImage

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

JasperCat wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:25 pm
Gar787 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:58 pm Nooo…I’ve just punched my iPad!
This is bizzare, I still have that page open and can refresh it and even add the SH21 to my shopping bag, but can't get back in via the URL and password :problem:
Same here: incorrect password. Can't re-open the page from my browser history.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands