Exclusive CW Forum Prototype Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Re: Exclusive CW Forum Prototype Sale

Post by thomcat00 »

How much longer will the remaining pieces be offered via the private sale?
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
angusbon
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by angusbon »

MiniMpi wrote:Thanks Alex ^

:)Image
Good on ya Ferg, absolute corker Image

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Dickchins wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:09 pm Is it only me that really quite likes the look of the blue C7...???!!!
Im sure 1 or 2 of you lovely gents have one. Any opinions on them?
Hi, yes I have one and its very attractive. The blue really pops and the yellow/orange accents add lots of interest. Im consolidating at the moment and it was going to go (was definitely in two minds on this one). Noticed a couple of very small scrapes on the bezel so decided I would keep and continue to enjoy.
Its a great watch!
May just be me but all C7s seem to have very delicate bezels (aluminium) which are very easy to mark.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

I had a look at this yesterday as soon as the link arrived. Some interesting watches in there. Luckily the the two I really like I’d picked up previously. :shock: Those were the C60 42mm MkIII bronze and the black DLC case C60 with white markers.

Mind you, the Powerglow was something special. Congratulation to those who bagged one. :thumbup:
Trying not to buy any more watches...
JoeTheUndecided
CW-watches: 1

Post by JoeTheUndecided »

Well its been fun following this subject but I'm not a member of this exclusive club and probably will never be as I'm not really a poster, more a watcher. I never realised that Christopher Ward had a special privilege client base and an ordinary public business. I'm sure some of these will eventually end up on eBay, I'll watch with interest.😊
In awe of the knowledge on this forum.

Joe
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Soporsche wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:42 am
Dickchins wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:09 pm Is it only me that really quite likes the look of the blue C7...???!!!
Hi, yes I have one and its very attractive. The blue really pops and the yellow/orange accents add lots of interest. Im consolidating at the moment and it was going to go (was definitely in two minds on this one). Noticed a couple of very small scrapes on the bezel so decided I would keep and continue to enjoy.
Its a great watch!
May just be me but all C7s seem to have very delicate bezels (aluminium) which are very easy to mark.
The blue C7 chrono is quartz, and not automatic. That's the issue for some, I think.
The black C7 appears to have red sides, which makes it unique. I am sure it's similar to the C7 rosso corsa which is the all red version that went into production, although the black appearance makes it look very different.
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

laughingboy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:56 pm
suicidal_orange wrote:
laughingboy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:51 pmThey reselling my supposedly unique Orange Sapphire Ferg? They will have to come and prise it off my wrist Image
When did you get one?! I just looked at your previous posts for a pic but seems there aren't any, please can this be rectified? Be warned that if it looks a lot like today's I might take you up on the challenge of removing it from your wrist Image
I did post it upon someone's request after the January sale Image. While I wish the purchaser of today's offering well I hope there is some difference as mine was marketed as unique.20210110_143310.jpg20210113_132915.jpg20210124_153934.jpg20210609_100551.jpg

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
It does look quite similar...
Screenshot_20210728-131309__01.jpg
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
laughingboy
CW-watches: 7

Post by laughingboy »

jtc wrote:
laughingboy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:56 pm
suicidal_orange wrote: When did you get one?! I just looked at your previous posts for a pic but seems there aren't any, please can this be rectified? Be warned that if it looks a lot like today's I might take you up on the challenge of removing it from your wrist Image
I did post it upon someone's request after the January sale Image. While I wish the purchaser of today's offering well I hope there is some difference as mine was marketed as unique.20210110_143310.jpg20210113_132915.jpg20210124_153934.jpg20210609_100551.jpg

It does look quite similar...
Screenshot_20210728-131309__01.jpg
As in identical! Image CW told me in January there were a few different shades and a skeleton hands version but I never saw any of them in the wild! Any idea who got this one this time around?

suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

jtc wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:54 amIt does look quite similar...
It does look very similar... Maybe one has green lume and the other blue, maybe the orange is subtly different (which we may never know unless pics of both are taken in the same lighting with the same camera) or maybe the hands are slightly longer/shorter? It doesn't make much sense to make two exactly the same.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

It's probably gone now, but the detail on the listing explained what the difference was.

I just tried the special page, and it's now saying password error, so I assume it has either all sold, or been taken down.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by suicidal_orange »

Hopefully someone gleefully posts pics later - this was a forum sale so it would be rude not to. Unless they're in Australia and we have to wait a week :shock:
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

JAFO wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:48 am
Soporsche wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:42 am
Its a great watch!
The blue C7 chrono is quartz, and not automatic. That's the issue for some, I think.
The black C7 appears to have red sides, which makes it unique. I am sure it's similar to the C7 rosso corsa which is the all red version that went into production, although the black appearance makes it look very different.
Agreed, its quite a lot of money for a quartz and it is, well, a quartz. I was ok with this as have a couple of quartz and picked it up (new) at the right price originally 🙂. Perhaps not surprisingly its one of the most accurate watches I have.

Red is a funny one.. I had a Rosso Corsa from the Jan sale briefly but the shade of red just didnt work for me so was an in and straight out. The black/red C7 prototype is possibly more interesting than the RC but the red still has to be the right shade and its so subjective. Either it works for you or doesn't.
I still have the original model Italian Racing Red C7 but that has the same issue for me (wrong shade of red) so just sits in the box and isn't worn since I acquired it. Its on the 'to go' list!
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I would like to say Thank You to everyone who participated in our Exclusive Sale. Congratulations to those of you who were able to grab something you wanted!

I also want to say that I do appreciate all he kind words I have received via pm's and emails.

I also want to say a special Thank you to The Admin Team as they picked up he slack as I was unavailable after the launch.

Remember that the remaining items may disappear at any time as stated in my original post.

I do hope you all enjoyed yourself.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dickchins »

Absolutely first class all round. :clap:

I always enjoy the banter and opinion when the sales are on, but I never buy. I just love the friendly carnage it creates!
This was even cooler imo as it was purely for us, and prototype pieces.
I didnt get the C7 in the end. The book had closed before I made my mind up. Theres another thing nobody has ever said during the sales :lol:
Will_75
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Will_75 »

suicidal_orange wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:25 am Hopefully someone gleefully posts pics later - this was a forum sale so it would be rude not to. Unless they're in Australia and we have to wait a week :shock:
I'll be gleefuly posting just so soon as I get it, don't worry!
CWE admin and all round watch nerd. Usually found irresponsibly browsing the sales page.