Exclusive CW Forum Prototype Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Exclusive CW Forum Prototype Sale

Post by TigerChris »

TheBeatles wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:30 pm Actually, it’s hilarious watching his posts.

Must be desperately thinking of things to say :lol:
The reference gallery has gained a lot of new pics today :lol:
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

TigerChris wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:45 pm
TheBeatles wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:30 pm Actually, it’s hilarious watching his posts.

Must be desperately thinking of things to say :lol:
The reference gallery has gained a lot of new pics today :lol:
None of them particularly rare :lol:
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Ok, guys, don't get too worried about the repeat posters. The Admin Team is completely aware of what is happening. Banal speedposts are being deleted, as they always are.

However, one of the objectives is to try to encourage existing members with low numbers of posts to engage with the forum again and make some meaningful new posts. Clearly some may disappear as soon as they have the password for the sale, but we hope that others will enjoy contributing to the forum and then hang around for a while to come. But the chances of that will be diminished if they get ridiculed for posting. As I say, the banal speedposts will be removed, but for some of the users being referred to they have actually made some very useful posts in the pursuit of the 25 threshold, e.g. additions to the Reference Gallery are always welcome.

So, relax a little. If we had not wanted to allow existing members with <25 posts a chance to enter the Prototype Sale then we would have set the cut off at the time of announcement, but that wasn't the intention.

Thanks.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

welshlad wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:03 pm Ok, guys, don't get too worried about the repeat posters. The Admin Team is completely aware of what is happening. Banal speedposts are being deleted, as they always are.

However, one of the objectives is to try to encourage existing members with low numbers of posts to engage with the forum again and make some meaningful new posts. Clearly some may disappear as soon as they have the password for the sale, but we hope that others will enjoy contributing to the forum and then hang around for a while to come. But the chances of that will be diminished if they get ridiculed for posting. As I say, the banal speedposts will be removed, but for some of the users being referred to they have actually made some very useful posts in the pursuit of the 25 threshold, e.g. additions to the Reference Gallery are always welcome.

So, relax a little. If we had not wanted to allow existing members with <25 posts a chance to enter the Prototype Sale then we would have set the cut off at the time of announcement, but that wasn't the intention.

Thanks.
I’m not worried and I’m very relaxed - I love sale time, it’s great entertainment sitting back watching the frenzy. You’ve gotta admit though, the speedposting today by a couple has been quite funny :lol:

I’d like to see what’s gonna be sold but, as I have no intention of buying, I won’t ask for a password as it’s not fair on genuine buyers having window shoppers potentially slowing the site down.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Worth the Mods/Kip taking a screen capture of the prototypes prior to sharing the link, so others can at least see what was offered.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

welshlad wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:03 pm So, relax a little. If we had not wanted to allow existing members with <25 posts a chance to enter the Prototype Sale then we would have set the cut off at the time of announcement, but that wasn't the intention.

Thanks.
That's absolutely fine, I agree, everyone should get a chance... at the end of the day these are just watches after all :D
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

On the subject of prototypes, has anyone seen the blue dial C65 Vintage from the Jan sale?

I would still love to see a photo of it.
Did it end up here/CWE on FB?
Ryan
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

what-time-is-it wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:12 pm Worth the Mods/Kip taking a screen capture of the prototypes prior to sharing the link, so others can at least see what was offered.
Yes, totally agree. I’m sure pictures of ‘what might have been’ will generate lots of forum discussion in itself
Only one more

Post by Only one more »

Just saw the post on facebook about this. Just checked and I've got 19 posts in here. Do'h! When's the cut off?? :lol:

Nevermind. Hope people manage to get what they like and serves me right for not checking in often enough :oops:
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

StrappedUp wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:36 pm On the subject of prototypes, has anyone seen the blue dial C65 Vintage from the Jan sale?

I would still love to see a photo of it.
Did it end up here/CWE on FB?
Sure I’ve seen a couple of photos on Facebook CWE.
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

Few things....Kip: please do not post on social media, later post in thread '"saw the post on Facebook about this" 🙄
As for the alleged speed posting (Im not commenting either way).. one could observe at least one of those identified is clearly quite a CW enthusiast with the number of different models posted in ref gallery today so fair enough.
I'm unlikely to be participating so good luck to all those that do.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

biggus_richus wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:53 pm Sure I’ve seen a couple of photos on Facebook CWE.
If they are on there, would someone mind asking the member if a pic or 2 could be re-posted here please?
Ryan
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Soporsche wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:57 pm one could observe at least one of those identified is clearly quite a CW enthusiast with the number of different models posted in ref gallery today so fair enough.
Or, if you’re a cynical git like me you’d say the majority of those photos look like pics took to advertise sales purchases on eBay :silent:
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

^^😄😃^^
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Soporsche wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:57 pm Few things....Kip: please do not post on social media, later post in thread '"saw the post on Facebook about this" 🙄
. . . . . . . .
Fear not Stephen.

The CW Forum Prototype Sale has not been posted on Social Media, or anywhere else, by Kip or a member of The Admin Team.

The reference to '"saw the post on Facebook about this" is a post on one of the CW Facebook Groups made by a member of that Group who is also a Forum member, simply flagging up there is a Prototype sale. That's all.

Remember the sale will have a Password protected private link. :wink: :wink:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England