Exclusive CW Forum Prototype Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Exclusive CW Forum Prototype Sale

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

I wonder if this will turn in to a frenzy like sales of old. Limited stock and a potentially high level of people browsing and shopping. For anyone disappointed there’s always the increasing number of C8 Oh Deere’s in clearance……
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

I love the idea of something a bit different and unique. PM sent :-)

C
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Nice work on getting over 25 posts. :clap:

A bit of panic must have set in when Kip’s thread kicked off :lol:
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Post by Macdaz »

J0EMI wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:10 pm A quick glance at some recent topics on this board shows a clear flurry of consecutive posts from users marked as newbies who have less than 25 posts who have suddenly become active today after many months away, funny that. My favourite being a user who posted many times today and stopped bang on 25 posts having last posted last Christmas :lol:

Perhaps may take be quite a task for Kip, but I think the only way around this is for some diligence upon checking each users recent posting activity before sending out a password request, of course, may well be and I am sure are still CW enthusiasts, but is the only way I can see to prevent scalpers getting in before forum members.
I think a really easy solution would be that for anyone whose post count ticks over 25 after the announcement was made is not eligible to participate. And certainly anybody that joined AND hit 25 posts after the announcement was made clearly has only one intention!
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

E1B39590-AF51-419B-B5EE-C3E8A058ADAF.jpeg
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Curious to see if any prototypes are twin flag concepts, so have expressed interest... even if I suspect the world and dog will get into a feeding frenzy :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

J0EMI wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:10 pm A quick glance at some recent topics on this board shows a clear flurry of consecutive posts from users marked as newbies who have less than 25 posts who have suddenly become active today after many months away, funny that. My favourite being a user who posted many times today and stopped bang on 25 posts having last posted last Christmas :lol:
If that's the user I think you're referring to then you've only got to match forum user name to eBay user name and draw your own conclusion :lol:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

Sorry I just had to post this :lol:
Screenshot_20210726-201902_Sketch.jpg
jesierras
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 8

Post by jesierras »

You know this used to be done more frequently if I remember right. I remember we would get a list of available Wera sofa finds and email chris ward for the watches we wanted. I can’t remember the last time we had that happen as of late.
cw Bunches
OMEGA Speedmaster Professional MOTFM
Too Many now to count
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

JasperCat wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:19 pm
If that's the user I think you're referring to then you've only got to match forum user name to eBay user name and draw your own conclusion :lol:
Thankfully although it's rare, it certainly isn't british and it definitely isn't art :lol:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TheBeatles »

Actually, it’s hilarious watching his posts.

Must be desperately thinking of things to say :lol:
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

JasperCat wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:23 pm
JasperCat wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:19 pm
Thankfully although it's rare, it certainly isn't british and it definitely isn't art :lol:
:lol: :clap:
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

Would be hilarious if it was 25 variations of Al Deere or the Birkin Blower.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

The blatant speed posting. Mind boggles ...

Anyway, I won't be partaking, but best of luck to those that are.
Look forward to seeing them on members wrists in CWOTD thread.
Ryan
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Macdaz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:52 pm

Perhaps may take be quite a task for Kip, but I think the only way around this is for some diligence upon checking each users recent posting activity before sending out a password request, of course, may well be and I am sure are still CW enthusiasts, but is the only way I can see to prevent scalpers getting in before forum members.
I think a really easy solution would be that for anyone whose post count ticks over 25 after the announcement was made is not eligible to participate. And certainly anybody that joined AND hit 25 posts after the announcement was made clearly has only one intention!
Yep, that’s the only way to do it really. 25 posts prior to Kip making the announcement, simples.