Exclusive CW Forum Prototype Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Re: Exclusive CW Forum Prototype Sale

Post by Soporsche »

Thanks Guy, no fear here, thought it was amusing as much as anything.
Im not personally likely to be acquiring anything unless there's a rare red dial or something really very very different and I miraculously managed to get in there before the hoards (both highly unlikely), so won't be falling over myself on this one. 😉
Best of luck to those that are in the hunt though 👍
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Toph
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Toph »

Exciting. Thanks for this. Will send a PM
Thanks
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
hadon2525
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by hadon2525 »

I had to check how many posts I'd made, I'd absolutely no idea. Turns out I was over the limit, but only just, at 37.
I admit it: I'm a lurker, I don't generally join in. (The same could be said of life).
I was going to ignore this sale because, frankly, I don't deserve to obtain a prototype CW, unlike most of the contributers to this forum. You lot put a lot in. I, generally, don't.
However...I LOVE CW.
I own 2 and, due to my badgering, both my brother and brother in law now own a CW.
So...I've decided to put myself forward. If I'm lucky enough to get one of these prototypes, rest assured, it will be MINE. I'm not flipping it. Not my style.
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

My interest is as much (maybe more) out of curiosity than a desire to buy something specific, after all, who knows what will appear?

I do hope someone is quick enough to take a record of what’s offered before it all gets snagged. I’m keen to see what goes through the minds of the CW designers.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

As an alternative to counting sheep, has anyone else tried laying there with their eyes closed and dreaming up "that colour variant which CW tested and rejected but nonetheless would look really cool"?

As a way to reduce the level of irritation provoked by thoughts of "some tw** will go and scoop the lot only to release them back into EB** with 15% mark up" it doesn't have a great deal going for it.

I did manage however to settle on which models I might be interested in. Just got to develop the reaction times of an olympic sprinter now......
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20FLE
Some other brands
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

what-time-is-it wrote:Just let Guy buy them all, they'll end up for sale at some stage on the forum. :wink: Image
One can but dream, Chris. :wink: :wink:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Molan »

nordwulf wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:12 pm
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:04 pm
nordwulf wrote: It would be a nice change when they made these available in an eBay or other auction. This way, eBay resellers will have to pay market value and it won't be a mad rush to grab what you can get.

Or at least show what will be available before the sale starts so you can see which one you may be going for.
Do we think eBay resellers are Forum Members with >25 posts?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
We think so.. active on this forum and CWE, apparently with approval from members.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57161
It was your post on CWA that seemed to draw all the attention on social media Frank - if anything might have prompted scalpers then there's a good chance this will have alerted them.
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Will_75
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Will_75 »

Hello everyone.

So here’s a couple of points.

I have lurked on here for a couple of years. I don’t post much because I find fora somewhat unwieldy and Facebook just works better for me. (I do check out sales corner more than is good for me, mind you!)

I’m a genuine enthusiast, and a mod on the CWE Facebook group.

I’ve also been working with CW over the last two months to create the CWE Chronometer. I’m as genuine about my love for Christopher Ward watches as any of you.

I was disappointed that there were no prototypes in the sale this time round having just missed out a gorgeous abyss but with white hands and indices in the last sale.

So yeah, as some of the forum detectives have noticed, yes I posted yesterday to get my numbers up. Wouldn’t you in my situation?

The irony is if Frank hadn’t posted the details on CWA I would never have known about it. You can’t really have “senior” members sharing the details on social media, then complain about “newbies” wanting an opportunity to own a prototype.

All this said, the one thing I take deep exception to is the idea that CWE somehow welcomes scalpers. Daniel from Ward Hoard is not a scalper. His business model is clear and transparent and he has a good relationship with both CW and many of our members.

eBay scalpers, if identified, would be ejected immediately.
CWE admin and all round watch nerd. Usually found irresponsibly browsing the sales page.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Will_75 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:45 am All this said, the one thing I take deep exception to is the idea that CWE somehow welcomes scalpers. Daniel from Ward Hoard is not a scalper. His business model is clear and transparent and he has a good relationship with both CW and many of our members.

eBay scalpers, if identified, would be ejected immediately.
Not to derail a thread but hopefully keep it in context.

Is someone not a scalper because they are also an enthusiast or can they actually be both?

If I was to call myself an 'enthusiast and flipper' on the forum, buy 5-15 in sale events (beyond the maximum allowed and have had sales cancelled) and then sell a number of them for profit through a website rather than eBay I would accept that I am a scalper and would not need defending. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that necessarily, but lets call it for what it is.

In the context of this sale, lets hope that those who have a tendency to sell on rather than keep what they buy are wearing their enthusiast hat on this day rather than their scalper one and hope that a maximum sale number is enforced.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Some housekeeping points....

I have put together the list of all qualified requests for the password and url that I have so far and will continue to add as they the requests come in.

Do not expect a confirmation of your request, whether pm or email, as there are too many for me to do so. If your pm is marked sent, then you know I have it. If your request was by email we will just have to trust the internet gods.

I never said that information regarding the this sale could not be posted elsewhere. Only that the password/url could not be shared.

Welshlad's prior post (page 4) points out some of the reasons behind this sale. The exclusivity as a benefit for members, hopefully to attract some new members, and get some members to start posting again. We expected to get some speed posters and they are being dealt with.

We have also had several requests for the sale information from non-members or those not yet qualified. I have/will verified all requests and those not eligible will not be sent the information.

A reminder... the information will only be sent via a forum pm.

I do not yet have the information myself so the start time may vary. The goal is to be live on Wednesday July 28 at 12:00 pm GMT. This is still subject to change. Do not panic if you do not get a pm around that time. it is purposely being sent to me at the last minute. Of course it may come earlier as well. I will send as soon as possible. If there happens to be a major change in timing I will notify with a post here.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

A1soknownas wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:27 am
In the context of this sale, lets hope that those who have a tendency to sell on rather than keep what they buy are wearing their enthusiast hat on this day rather than their scalper one and hope that a maximum sale number is enforced.
Any resold via reseller/eBay routes will be an objective missed for the forum and this sale. I fully expect some of these items to appear immediately on eBay or a reseller’s web site. Buying to re-sell will not equate to longer term increased forum traffic or discussion contribution.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

^ What he said ^
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
zeedubbya

Post by zeedubbya »

This is quite the strange dilemma for a true, new (to the forum) enthusiast like myself. I have wanted to post some pics of my new acquisitions and ask some questions of some members, but I don’t want to be accused of artificially inflating my post count to get access to the thread. Maybe I’ll just wait until after the sale is over to post. But, I do have a burning curiosity of what might be in the sale. Ahhhh.! First world problems for sure!
Zane

CWL C60 600 MK3 & MK2
CWL C65 Trident Auto
CWL C63 Bladk and Lucerne
CWL C3 Morgan Chronograph
CWL C3 Malvern White
Rolex DJ 41 Blue Dial
Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 5 White
Omega Seamaster AT 2503.50 Black
Omega Seamaster AT Ryder Cup
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by suicidal_orange »

zeedubbya wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:23 pm This is quite the strange dilemma for a true, new (to the forum) enthusiast like myself. I have wanted to post some pics of my new acquisitions and ask some questions of some members, but I don’t want to be accused of artificially inflating my post count to get access to the thread. Maybe I’ll just wait until after the sale is over to post. But, I do have a burning curiosity of what might be in the sale. Ahhhh.! First world problems for sure!
Your join date says everything - you signed up before the announcement. Newbies usually post lots (why else would you join?) so please don't hold back, and if you make it to 25 good luck to you :)
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Molan wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:07 am It was your post on CWA that seemed to draw all the attention on social media Frank - if anything might have prompted scalpers then there's a good chance this will have alerted them.
It was meant as a public service announcement for CWA group members who may not visit the forum every day but are still long time members.

As Kip mentioned, it is was not prohibited to post about this sale. I wanted to be pro-active to make sure nobody would post the link and password when the sale goes live. Just wanted to share with the greater CW community. That's all. Some seem to have negative feelings toward the CWA group here on the forum and in the other group but we're just another community of CW fans.