Warranty Transfer?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Barryboy

Warranty Transfer?

Post by Barryboy »

Hi.. Newby here... Apologies if this has been discussed before but did a search and can't quite find the answer to my question.. Is the warranty on CW watches transferable? In short, if I were to buy a used but still under warranty CW watch would the warranty transfer to me or does it only apply to the original purchaser? Finally, if it does transfer is it necessary to re-register the watch somehow?

Grateful in advance to anyone who can help.

Rob
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: Warranty Transfer?

Post by 0uatiOW »

Welcome. You do not have to register the warranty.

The warranty goes with the watch as long as you have the warranty card. Get the original order number from the seller too if they have it as it’s on the form you have to complete when you send in for warranty work. I doubt it’s essential though, just makes it easier to verify.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Toph
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Toph »

As above.
I actually traded one CW for a different one with another member. The watch I received in the trade picked up an issue a few weeks later. ( sticking date on a day date)
It was returned and fixed all under warranty

Cheers
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
Barryboy

Post by Barryboy »

Many thanks, all. Not all manufacturers allow transfer of warranty... (No names, no pack-drill...)
Rob
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Renton »

It's worth noting there's a bit of small print that accompanies the five year movement warranty, that being: it's actually a four year warranty, but they'll make it five years if serviced by CW during its fourth year.
CM23
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 8

Post by CM23 »

As above, warranty is transferable without any registration - just keep the card/documents. Some sellers are good enough to provide original receipts too.
couryj

Post by couryj »

Thank you for asking this question, OP. I've always wondered what the second-hand warranty process was like for CWs.