Clearance

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Re: Clearance

Post by audio.bill »

nowttolose wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:44 am Apologies if this has been asked before, but in the clearance what is the logic that nearly new prices more expensive than new prices?

Very odd.
It's usually because the new models being sold at higher discounts are discontinued, while the lower %age discounts on nearly new models are still current production.
nowttolose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by nowttolose »

audio.bill wrote:
nowttolose wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:44 am Apologies if this has been asked before, but in the clearance what is the logic that nearly new prices more expensive than new prices?

Very odd.
It's usually because the new models being sold at higher discounts are discontinued, while the lower %age discounts on nearly new models are still current production.
But that doesn’t explain why the same watch is more expensive as nearly new in the sale, when compared with new

For example, in the clearance nearly new C60 Trident Pro’s are more expensive than the new counterparts.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

nowttolose wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:52 amFor example, in the clearance nearly new C60 Trident Pro’s are more expensive than the new counterparts.
I only see one C60 Pro in clearance, there are also GMT and Chronograph models (which cost more for the movement) and Elites (which cost more for the titanium case) and the NN Elite is the same price as a the new one which is strange, but not more expensive.

Maybe you're on the US site and seeing something different?
nowttolose
Senior
Senior

Clearance

Post by nowttolose »

suicidal_orange wrote:
nowttolose wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:52 amFor example, in the clearance nearly new C60 Trident Pro’s are more expensive than the new counterparts.
I only see one C60 Pro in clearance, there are also GMT and Chronograph models (which cost more for the movement) and Elites (which cost more for the titanium case) and the NN Elite is the same price as a the new one which is strange, but not more expensive.

As they have sold and been removed from the clearance page, you can’t see the difference anymore.

Edit : there’s a NN Trident Pro for £591.50 still listed, but I bought a new one (and there have been may new ones) in the sale for £507.

Just seems a bit strange.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

nowttolose wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:18 am
suicidal_orange wrote:

As they have sold and been removed from the clearance page, you can’t see the difference anymore.

Edit : there’s a NN Trident Pro for £591.50 still listed, but I bought a new one (and there have been may new ones) in the sale for £507.

Just seems a bit strange.
The example you mention was likely discounted in a size or colorway that is no longer being offered despite being the same watch series. Sometimes I've also seen older versions of a model being sold new at a lower price than its current version that includes a new feature like a screw down crown. There are also examples of COSC models being sold new at a lower price if they're missing the COSC certificate. Differences are usually detailed in the specific product listings but can be easy to miss.
CW257
Senior
Senior

Post by CW257 »

I see the Clearance section has now disappeared. Here endeth the 2021 summer sale, or will it be back online with new offerings later in the week?
jayin07

Post by jayin07 »

CW257 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:22 pm I see the Clearance section has now disappeared. Here endeth the 2021 summer sale, or will it be back online with new offerings later in the week?
Guessing not coming back again in short time?

CW does the clearance every Jane and July as I know.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

jayin07 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:49 pm
CW257 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:22 pm I see the Clearance section has now disappeared. Here endeth the 2021 summer sale, or will it be back online with new offerings later in the week?
Guessing not coming back again in short time?

CW does the clearance every Jane and July as I know.
I suspect that was the clearance sale and these models will now reappear again in January :shock:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

NN/Clearance is dead! Long live Clearance! :D Likely to return in six months I assume. Hope folks found some treasures there.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

I seem to think that the clearance section makes an occasional cameo appearance more frequently
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

CW257 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:22 pm I see the Clearance section has now disappeared. Here endeth the 2021 summer sale,
Few! Feels like Christmas has just past... Does that mean we have to do the post Christmas dull spell where the hangover kicks in, there’s nothing on the telly, and the only chocolates left are the coffee creams?? :lol:

Enjoy the new acquisitions everyone :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
CW257
Senior
Senior

Post by CW257 »

I missed out on anything from the sale partly due to being too slow but mostly because the models I really wanted didn’t appear, which was a bit gutting, but now I’ve banked the money I’ve ‘saved’ for two watches in January…
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Maybe a Loupe coupon will appear for September.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Illiera
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Illiera »

The summer sale section has gone back up to 30 models for those interested in a bargain.
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

andybarry87 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:30 am The summer sale section has gone back up to 30 models for those interested in a bargain.
Thanks. Same watches but now with the addition of tide straps