C60 Sapphire owners...

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Retroman

C60 Sapphire owners...

Post by Retroman »

Does yours ‘wind’ when screwing in the crown?

Mine doesn’t. I can’t recall if it ever did. I gave it around 30 winds and now it clicks as it winds (clutch?) and once the crown is depressed to screw in, it seems to disengage completely and screw in silently. Seems to run fine..?

Thank you for any reassurance to a new SW200 owner!
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: C60 Sapphire owners...

Post by ajax87 »

I have several watches with that movement, and they all act the same as you described. You should be just fine :thumbup:

PS congrats on the sapphire. Such an awesome watch in person. Which color did you go with?
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

All sounds normal to me.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

All sounds good to me too.

One small tip, that I picked up from the handbook of my Breguet Type XX, but I'm sure is good for all automatic watches.

Having wound an automatic any number of turns clockwise, rotate the crown anti-clockwise 2-3 turns before then screwing down the crown.

This I presume is a measure to ensure the crown is disengaged from the winding mechanism before screwing it down.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

Retroman wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:54 pm Does yours ‘wind’ when screwing in the crown?

Mine doesn’t. I can’t recall if it ever did. I gave it around 30 winds and now it clicks as it winds (clutch?) and once the crown is depressed to screw in, it seems to disengage completely and screw in silently. Seems to run fine..?

Thank you for any reassurance to a new SW200 owner!
I'm not positive, but I believe the C60 crowns have a decoupling mechanism which allows for the crown to be screwed down without winding the watch manually. I have a few watches that also have this feature, and it feels noticably different from crowns that do not have decoupling (have a few of those as well).
Best regards,
John
Retroman

Post by Retroman »

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have taken delivery of a C63 which is the same - all normal I guess!