Didn't score on summer sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
desmodue

Re: Didn't score on summer sale

Post by desmodue »

Looks like it's a swing and a miss after all. CW sent an email confirmation of my order yesterday, but when I put the order number in the "Check on Order" box on their website it responds with "doesn't match our records". I filed a customer contact query.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

desmodue wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:53 pm Looks like it's a swing and a miss after all. CW sent an email confirmation of my order yesterday, but when I put the order number in the "Check on Order" box on their website it responds with "doesn't match our records". I filed a customer contact query.
If you have an account on their site you can just login and check the status of any of your orders without needing the order number.
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

desmodue wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:29 am
Leon O wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:48 am
There must have been a few NN available because I also scored one of the same.
Probably had a couple. I did get a confirmation email, but who knows maybe tomorrow I’ll get the “sorry, we sold that one to Leon” message 🤷‍♂️
Mine's supposed to arrive Monday afternoon :). You should be in good shape if you got the confirmation email.
desmodue

Post by desmodue »

Leon O wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:48 am

Mine's supposed to arrive Monday afternoon :). You should be in good shape if you got the confirmation email.
Customer service responded that my watch is processing and an email will notify me when it ships. 🍻
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

JAFO wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:23 pm Some new watches have been added. A nice c60 ombre for one. cosc limited edition.

Edit. The CW one seems to have gone now, although I think there's one on ebay for about the same price closing shortly.

Edit 2. The one on eBay had a starting bid of £600 and nobody bid at all. Relisted now.
Thanks for the notice about the eBay LE listing. I’d tried to land one in the January sale and this. Frustratingly hard to miss these random appearances. ;)
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I gave up. Even if I saw something I liked it either disappeared or The buy now was "light blued" out. Hey ho I'm happy for those who got the watch they wanted 😆
zeedubbya

Post by zeedubbya »

I was able to pick up two NN. A C3 Morgan Chrono and a C65. One despatched** on Friday (C3) and one hasn’t yet(c65). Will certainly share pics when they come in. The CW addiction is gaining a head of steam....

**i am not sure why we don’t use this word in the US, I personally like it. Hmmm...maybe it’s because I am getting dress shirts or watches when I see it...if the Royal Air Force was being despatched it might not be such a positive association...
Zane

CWL C60 600 MK3 & MK2
CWL C65 Trident Auto
CWL C63 Bladk and Lucerne
CWL C3 Morgan Chronograph
CWL C3 Malvern White
Rolex DJ 41 Blue Dial
Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 5 White
Omega Seamaster AT 2503.50 Black
Omega Seamaster AT Ryder Cup
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

zeedubbya wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:28 pm One despatched**

**i am not sure why we don’t use this word in the US, I personally like it. Hmmm...maybe it’s because I am getting dress shirts or watches when I see it...if the Royal Air Force was being despatched it might not be such a positive association...
You do. It’s just that you spell it “dispatch”. Whereas “dispatch” in UK English tends to mean “speed”.

The RAF, one supposes, could be despatched with dispatch. This would probably be known as a rapid deployment, which is absolutely nothing to do with a folding watch bracelet clasp. That is a deployant. :D

What a wonderful language English is.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
desmodue

Post by desmodue »

My order has been despatched :thumbup: :D
desmodue

Post by desmodue »

DHL sucks
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

On the other hand, I bought a number of things in today's Marks and Spencer sale.