How Much Adjustment in a CW Bracelet?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nowttolose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

How Much Adjustment in a CW Bracelet?

Post by nowttolose »

Just picked up a Trident Pro diver in the sale and had bracelet resized for 16.5cm wrist.

I presume CW will size it for 16.5cm at the middle of the adjust setting?

If so, what range can be expected on the adjustment of bracelet. Can I expect 16cm on tight adjustment and 17 cm on lose adjustment or is the adjustment more micro than that.

The reason I ask I like everyone’s wrist mine shrinks and swells in the cold and heat, so just wandering what range I can expect. Also I may have advised my normal setting at 16.5 cm a little tight, and maybe closer to 16.7 or 16.8 cm.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: How Much Adjustment in a CW Bracelet?

Post by rkovars »

First, you will get the extra links with the watch so you can adjust it if it is off or take it to a local guy to put a link back in. If you don't get them, just email customer service and they will get some out to you as they should be in the box.

Second, you get about 8 mm of micro adjust in 4 settings.

Third, if you need it, you can email customer service and they will send you out some half links for the MKIII bracelets. These are brand new and haven't been around too long. I just did the same for my watches as the fit is on one end of the micro adjust or the other not in the middle.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

EDIT: He answered ^^^ while I was quoting him from another thread :lol:

I pulled this from another thread that I recalled answered this question:
rkovars wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:14 pm Here are some pics of the adjustment itself.

Fully retracted.
20200918_170429687_iOS (2).jpg

Fully extended. You can see there is about 9-10 mm of adjustment there (slightly more than 2 mm increments - from fully open 4 clicks to closed).

20200918_170513861_iOS (2).jpg
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
nowttolose
Senior
Senior

Post by nowttolose »

That’s great. Thanks for the quick answer both. Looks like there is plenty of adjustment as long as they centre it to start with.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

From what I remember, it’s around the 9 mm mark. My C65 Trident Diver bracelet goes from somewhat snug to Jangly-Bangly. Depending on the weather and temperature, not to mention humidity, I normally wear it on the second or third notch from fully closed. I have had it on the fourth notch but never on the fifth.

That amount of travel covers all bases for me. The recent availability of half links should make the precise adjustment even easier.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:01 pm Jangly-Bangly.
Great word! :lol:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

When I had my bracelet resized, it came with the micro adjustment fully extended. It was snug, but was too loose with a link added back in. The fit would have been perfect if I had a half link to work with. The micro adjustment range is slightly less tha half a link on my Trident 300 quartz.

However, the micro adjustment for the bracelet on my C65 Trident Diver gives me the perfect amount of leeway for different situations.

You could always wear a strap if the fit is not ideal for you.

Ultimately, the size of your wrist and the size of the case will dictate how well the bracelet fits.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 8

Post by richtel »

I too have the half links for all my C60s now- and all due credit to CW for listening to the customer base who expressed the need- somtimes the ratchet adjust can't make up for when sizing is caught 'between' links.

Remember that the 'half' links are really 2/3 links which are far more versatile. Replacing a full link with a 2/3 link reduces the overall length by a third of a link, and having two 2/3 links increases overall length by 1/3 of a link. Three half links shouldn't be necessary for obvious reasons.
Rich

"The bad news is that time flies. The good news is that you're the pilot."
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ Now that CW are supplying watches with bracelets that have 2 x 2/3rds links (making it slightly longer, as I read your post Rich), this begs the question of 'What happens for those of us for whom the bracelet with whole links only was perfectly sized (with one link removed)'?

Does the optimum sizing fall between links?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by richtel »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:55 pm ^^^^ Now that CW are supplying watches with bracelets that have 2 x 2/3rds links (making it slightly longer, as I read your post Rich), this begs the question of 'What happens for those of us for whom the bracelet with whole links only was perfectly sized (with one link removed)'?

Does the optimum sizing fall between links?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
I don't think so Guy- you can just as easily remove those two 2/3 links so as long as the bracelet is still long enough there's no drama. For those who have bought the C63 which is shipping with the new links I've not heard of any complaints that the bracelet isn't long enough and I'm sure CW would provide additional full links if needed.
Rich

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ Cheers Rich. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Actually, doing my sums, if I remove the 2 x 2/3rds links that have replaced 1 x standard link(?); then I get the same result as before. #-o #-o

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
richtel
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by richtel »

^^ That would be the case with true half links for sure, but with two-thirds links you get a lot more adjustment range.

For Example, if you started with 4 x 10mm links and you only had 10mm links, you could achieve the following increments-

40, 50, 60, 70mm etc

With true half links you could get

40, 45, 50, 55, 60mm etc (in other words there would only be 5mm of adjustability and two half links would be pointless. I had a Ball watch with two half links which was just plainly ill-thought through.

With two 2/3 links at your disposal you could get

36.6, 40, 43.3, 46.6, 50, 53.3, 56.6, 60 etc... much better adjustability. These are what CW have provided- brilliant!
Rich

Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Can the half links be bought or only via request be email? I hadn't realised they were now available until I read this thread
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Deks wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:06 pm Can the half links be bought or only via request be email? I hadn't realised they were now available until I read this thread
They’re not available for sale on the website. I emailed customer service, and they had a couple in the mail for me the next day, no charge :D
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Thanks Alex. I'll look up my order numbers for a couple of my watches which I bought with bracelets and will see if they have a couple of links available 👍