Ward Hoard

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Illiera
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Ward Hoard

Post by Illiera »

In my quest for a C8 I stumbled across the website ‘Ward Hoard’, which appears to be a dedicated reseller of CWs. I assume people on here will have either seen or used the website, the owner is most likely a member of the forum!, but I wanted to know what people’s experiences and views were?

Thanks

Andy
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Re: Ward Hoard

Post by Laird »

seems professional, albeit top pricing - often resented for buying up Sale stock ... but hey-ho thats the way things work ...
These users thanked the author Laird for the post:
watchaholic
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Toph
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Toph »

Some interesting and rare pieces. Some well priced, some not so well in my opinion.
Also could do with more pictures etc if serious about selling.
Cheers and just my tuppence-worth
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

Thanks both, helpful insight. The prices looked a little toppy from what I saw but the quality did look decent too.
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

andybarry87 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:08 pm Thanks both, helpful insight. The prices looked a little toppy from what I saw but the quality did look decent too.
I think all his stock is listed as new and it's always possible to make an offer? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Ward Hoard is run by Daniel who is forum member @Renton. He is also active on, and contributes to, the CWE Facebook Group.

He successfully bought a C60 Trident SH21 from me via the Sales Corner about 18 months ago and has some Feedback on Seller in the Sales Corner.

Primarily a CW fan/enthusiast/collector he has evolved his interest in CW watches to selling/reselling on ebay and, more recently, by creating Ward Hoard.

Agreed some of his prices might seem a bit toppy but he's no doubt working on the principal of 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'. If you're interested in a particular watch, it might be worth contacting him by Forum PM.

Hope this helps.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Used to be called Dream Plates Dan and has taken a lot of flak on Forum and other places.

Never had a problem with his business model myself though.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56533&hilit=dream+plates

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

He's got plenty of money invested in all the CW watches on his site and there's probably not many of us that'd be willing (or able) to do that so it's fine by me. He did have a relatively rare model a short while ago that I was considering but he hadn't got to putting a price on it and so I didn't bother in the end but there is another model on there I'd think about although I'm not in any rush.
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Renton »

Not sure how I missed this post.

Morning all, yes "my name's Brian (Ward Hoard) and so is my wife!"
I've never really tried to hide what I do with Ward Hoard, but I do keep a fairly low profile and try to avoid 'self-promotion'.
Laird wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:30 am seems professional, albeit top pricing - often resented for buying up Sale stock ... but hey-ho thats the way things work ...
I'll take that as a fair assessment :thumbup:

For the last few years I've probably bought between 5-15 watches per sale event. So in the grand scheme of the 1000-2000+ sales that CW tend to make during sale periods (based on order confirmation numbers), I probably don't impact the availability of sale stock quite as much as people like to think.
Toph wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:05 pm Some interesting and rare pieces. Some well priced, some not so well in my opinion.
Fair comments. I currently have 30 watches 'properly' listed, 60 photos awaiting 'proper' listings and about 20 more watches that haven't even made the waiting room! As you've suggested, I'm not taking it as seriously as I could be at the moment.

I won't reply to each comment individually, but I agree with and appreciate the assessments - and I'm glad I haven't had to dive for flame-proof cover like I have in the past :lol:
These users thanked the author Renton for the post:
Gar787
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

I thought I’d close the loop on this as I did end up buying from Ward Hoard. Overall very positive on the service offered by Dan, friendly chap, good communications, posted quickly (although UPS did their best to slow that down), and the watch is pristine.

Lots of comments about pricing above, but for me you pay your money and take your choice. I’m sure I could have waited for one on the forum, but having missed stuff in the sale I didn’t want to hang about (I caught the watch fever!).
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Now all we need are some photos, if you've not posted them already.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

Fair post, top marks! :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap:
Renton wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:44 am Not sure how I missed this post.

Morning all, yes "my name's Brian (Ward Hoard) and so is my wife!"
I've never really tried to hide what I do with Ward Hoard, but I do keep a fairly low profile and try to avoid 'self-promotion'.
Laird wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:30 am seems professional, albeit top pricing - often resented for buying up Sale stock ... but hey-ho thats the way things work ...
I'll take that as a fair assessment :thumbup:

For the last few years I've probably bought between 5-15 watches per sale event. So in the grand scheme of the 1000-2000+ sales that CW tend to make during sale periods (based on order confirmation numbers), I probably don't impact the availability of sale stock quite as much as people like to think.
Toph wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:05 pm Some interesting and rare pieces. Some well priced, some not so well in my opinion.
Fair comments. I currently have 30 watches 'properly' listed, 60 photos awaiting 'proper' listings and about 20 more watches that haven't even made the waiting room! As you've suggested, I'm not taking it as seriously as I could be at the moment.

I won't reply to each comment individually, but I agree with and appreciate the assessments - and I'm glad I haven't had to dive for flame-proof cover like I have in the past :lol:
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post:
Leon O
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Price can be a sensitive issue, but if you know the price is high or near rrp and have no issues with it, you have the cash and the watch is near perfect then why not.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

andybarry87 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:25 am I thought I’d close the loop on this as I did end up buying from Ward Hoard. Overall very positive on the service offered by Dan, friendly chap, good communications, posted quickly (although UPS did their best to slow that down), and the watch is pristine.

Lots of comments about pricing above, but for me you pay your money and take your choice. I’m sure I could have waited for one on the forum, but having missed stuff in the sale I didn’t want to hang about (I caught the watch fever!).
I don’t get the the Dan/Brian thing? Renton’s self-outing declared himself as Brian? Yet the thought was that Wardhoard was Dream Plates Dan
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:45 am
andybarry87 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:25 am I thought I’d close the loop on this as I did end up buying from Ward Hoard. Overall very positive on the service offered by Dan, friendly chap, good communications, posted quickly (although UPS did their best to slow that down), and the watch is pristine.

I don’t get the the Dan/Brian thing? Renton’s self-outing declared himself as Brian? Yet the thought was that Wardhoard was Dream Plates Dan
Renton is Dan, his Brian reference is a quote from Monty Python (Life of Brian) :thumbup:
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher