Next Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
gr4z
CW-watches: 1

Re: Next Sale

Post by gr4z »

I managed to bag the Elite 1000, payment has been made according to my bank but CW now tell me there is a problem with payment and the order cannot be fulfilled. Still reports 'being dispatched' however. I assume this means they actually sold me a non existing watch as it had already sold out...?
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

gr4z wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:34 am I managed to bag the Elite 1000, payment has been made according to my bank but CW now tell me there is a problem with payment and the order cannot be fulfilled. Still reports 'being dispatched' however. I assume this means they actually sold me a non existing watch as it had already sold out...?
I have heard many reports of payment issues but apparently the payment issues are not correct and that all is well.
Best to send and email or ring CW to confirm though.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:55 pm
JAFO wrote:some more now - a great trident GMT bronze, but I don't really want to spend that much.
a couple of others disappeared instantly.
aaaghh - the buy nows are all greyed out.
Thanks for leaving that one. :wink: :wink:

I picked it up an hour ago. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Enjoy :D

I think you have more chance with slightly more expensive models. Anything under £500 doesn't hang about. You have less competition as the price increases, and the %markdown reduces. I wasn't desperate for a GMT. I just can't see myself using the function. That one, and two C60 GMTs were available for quite a time. There may be several of each as well. I don't know if you can tell how many of a given watch are available. I bought a black and red bezel C60 on rubber. It hadn't sold on Wednesday evening when I was considering it, but had gone by Thursday morning - but it then reappeared briefly, and I was able to get one. I would have preferred a bracelet, which made me consider it more carefully,
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

Despatch notice received, order placed late Wednesday
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
nowttolose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by nowttolose »

I’ve just receive a despatch notice for an order placed on Wednesday.

I place two separate orders on Wednesday, one for a strap and one for a watch.

Do they usually bundle two separate orders into the same single despatch?

The despatch email gives me know clue whether the watch, the strap or both are in the despatch.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

nowttolose wrote:I’ve just receive a despatch notice for an order placed on Wednesday.

I place two separate orders on Wednesday, one for a strap and one for a watch.

Do they usually bundle two separate orders into the same single despatch?

The despatch email gives me know clue whether the watch, the strap or both are in the despatch.
If you log into your account on CW you will be able to the status of each order.

Generally, two orders will be two packages.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

It would make sense if they could combine orders. With the sale you really need to order one at a time, to make sure you can complete the purchase, but the CW watch box has a space for an extra strap. Maybe it works out cheaper for CW to do each order separately though, than to spend admin time combining them.

If you could put things in your basket for a few minutes, you wouldn't have this problem, but the website works the other way, and checks availability again at check out, so the first one to complete wins.
meganwayne
CW-watches: 14

Post by meganwayne »

To me this sale has been run horrible. Adding one at a time is crazy. I enjoyed the last sale they were just put up and the frenzy started. I guess some can wait around all day, but most can't.
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

Got my shipping notices for the strap and watch #1 from Wednesday. Just missing one notice now.

Three divers ordered in 24 hours. Yeah, maybe that’ll cover me :lol: :shock:
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I've had 2 straps ordered on Wednesday shown as shipped now. Judging from order numbers there are well over 500 orders, so there's a lot of packing and labelling to do. It's not like an Amazon warehouse, I imagine.
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

Order #2 will be here Monday. Order #1 which was placed an hour earlier still hasn't been dispatched.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

When this brand new C60 GMT showed up this morning for $690 I couldn't help myself, despite having already ordered a 42mm GMT black/red bracelet version. This one's 40mm though so I'm not sure how it will wear on my 8.5" wrist. Hoping for the best since I find this blue/black colorway stunning! 8)

Surf609nj

Post by Surf609nj »

audio.bill wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:11 pm When this brand new C60 GMT showed up this morning for $690 I couldn't help myself, despite having already ordered a 42mm GMT black/red bracelet version. This one's 40mm though so I'm not sure how it will wear on my 8.5" wrist. Hoping for the best since I find this blue/black colorway stunning! 8)

I bought this too. It’ll be my first watch worth more than $50. I hope I will like it.
Vicious49
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by Vicious49 »

Grabbed this one in 40mm for $690. Should be here Monday.

Grabbed this one on bracelet for $1204 and finally received a dispatch notice for it.

Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:06 pm ^^^ Same here. I haven’t bothered even to look in the sale because there’s nothing in the current catalogue that I want.

I’m hoping for a blue dial C63 Elite. Did I mention that already? :lol:
Ditto.