Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Next Sale

Post by ajax87 »

Leon O wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:20 am
ajax87 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:19 pm Well ok yea, I know I said no more watches for a while, but I have been wanting one of these for a long time, have been watching them on eBay but couldn’t find any for under $800. So how could I say no to this at this price?
Great catch! I tried putting it in my cart several times, but the buy it button was always light blue :(
Thanks, I just happened to be browsing at the right time, refreshed my screen and there it was. I didn’t think, I just bought.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

JAFO wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:21 pm
ajax87 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:19 pm
I saw another US post quoting what seems a very inexpensive price, and I just realized that you get prices with no sales tax. UK get prices priced in sterling, but then plus 20% sales tax so your $463 would correspond to about $555 in the UK. That's a great extra discount from list.
Technically we’re supposed to report these type of purchases to the government on our own and pay them the sales tax separately based on our local rate (mine being 6%). But I’m not sure many people actually do that…
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

TheBeatles wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:12 am Despatch notice received, order placed late Wednesday
Yesterday, despatch details from DPD indicated Monday delivery between 08.00 and 18.00

Just received text, it’ll be here in the next 2 hours. Between 08.36 and 09.36

Update:- Arrived 08.39
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
JoeTheUndecided
CW-watches: 1

Post by JoeTheUndecided »

Vicious49 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:27 pm I know people in here talk a lot about scalpers and resellers buying out stock during these sales but . . . .how or why? Looking at watchrecon for prices, if anything you may break even if you list the CW sales watches on the forums. I haven't checked Ebay but even if you get a little more there, after paying all their fees you may end up in the same boat. So how would a scalper make enough money to make it worthwhile for them to raid these sales?
Yes, eBay decided to run it's 90% off final valuation fees until 18th July promotion which coincides nicely with the sale, grrrr.
In awe of the knowledge on this forum.

Joe
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

With regard to scalpers.

I think it's more likely that very many forum members are happy to see watches go to other FMs at a reasonable rate, and are not trying to turn a profit. eBay is different.

You often see watches bought in the sale offered for sale here at cost, rather than just returning them to CW. Some of them may end up on eBay, but it's nice if some of them also go to FMs who weren't able to get one in the sale.
nowttolose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by nowttolose »

Here's what I picked up in the sale, and at 38mm perfect for my 6.5 inch teeny tiny wrists.

I was then going to give my 20 year old son a TAG that I have had for 15 years but still looking very fresh and recently been serviced and polished. I thought that was a brand the youth wanted. But, he took one look at the CW and was smitten.

So, I said your 21st is coming up and would that be a good pressie. He was absolutely delighted. So, I lost my new watch.

Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^^^
I secured a 42mm version of that, unfortunately not on the bracelet. I had never really considered that colour way, but I bought a cheap Invicta in the same colours, and was surprisingly very impressed. Add to that the improvements in this version, I hope to very pleased in a few days, when it's delivered.
nowttolose
Senior
Senior

Post by nowttolose »

JAFO wrote:^^^^^
I secured a 42mm version of that, unfortunately not on the bracelet. I had never really considered that colour way, but I bought a cheap Invicta in the same colours, and was surprisingly very impressed. Add to that the improvements in this version, I hope to very pleased in a few days, when it's delivered.
I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. I have had a sub for over 10 years, and had the same excitement receiving my CW, and I was not disappointed when I saw it.

Hope you don’t have a 20 year old to take it from you!
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

My sale acquisition arrived yesterday but I didn't have time to open it until today. I've just taken it out into the sunlight to see the colours better. First impressions are very favourable...
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

nowttolose wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:59 pm
JAFO wrote:^^^^^
I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. I have had a sub for over 10 years, and had the same excitement receiving my CW, and I was not disappointed when I saw it.

Hope you don’t have a 20 year old to take it from you!
He's 26, and he's already got two of mine he wanted!
Both Raymond Weils, as it happens.
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

welshlad wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:06 pm My sale acquisition arrived yesterday but I didn't have time to open it until today. I've just taken it out into the sunlight to see the colours better. First impressions are very favourable...
Congrats Steve! Excited to hear your 60 days in thoughts
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JasperCat »

nowttolose wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:46 pm Here's what I picked up in the sale, and at 38mm perfect for my 6.5 inch teeny tiny wrists.

I picked up the 42mm version of this, also on a bracelet… got the dispatch email yesterday with arrival for Monday, and can’t wait as it does look lovely in your photos :thumbup:

It’s been a few months since buying the last CW and I don’t yet have a red bezel watch, so this will make a nice addition to the collection :D
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

welshlad wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:06 pm My sale acquisition arrived yesterday but I didn't have time to open it until today. I've just taken it out into the sunlight to see the colours better. First impressions are very favourable...
I am soooooo jealous !!
Congratulations Steve :clap: :thumbup: 8)
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

JasperCat wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:46 pm
nowttolose wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:46 pm Here's what I picked up in the sale, and at 38mm perfect for my 6.5 inch teeny tiny wrists.

I picked up the 42mm version of this, also on a bracelet… got the dispatch email yesterday with arrival for Monday, and can’t wait as it does look lovely in your photos :thumbup:

It’s been a few months since buying the last CW and I don’t yet have a red bezel watch, so this will make a nice addition to the collection :D
Me too, 42mm looks amazing and the lume on bezel is excellent.

One thing I’ve just noticed and had to check others. There is no lume pip at 12 o’clock on Mk 3 bezel unlike the Mk2.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ Presumably because the triangle is lumed?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)