Discuss Christopher Ward watches
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Trident second hand

Post by tikkathree »

JymKhana wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:13 am
thomcat00 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:28 am I also bought the C60 because I plan to use the watch surfing. I’d be interested to see how it looks at depth. Please do post a picture. Also, have you ever worried about your expensive dive watches coming unattached while underwater? Do you use NATO straps for extra security or do you not worry about it?
I'm not worried about the watch. I used a steel bracelet on a sub for years and years and never had an issue but I put a NATO on the CW. If you use a true NATO then you have 2 failure points that would have to give in order to drop the watch (I suppose only 1 if the buckle gave way). I don't surf. The surf here only gets good about 36 hours before a hurricane washes ashore so not something I've ever tried tp pick up.

I would think as long as you soak it after a trip to the ocean you'll be very happy. I drop mine in some warm water every time I wash the gear. I'll try and get a pic or 2 under water next time I go out if someone in the group brings their camera.

Hey, don't tell a soul but I shower wearing watches..... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: warm water.....shampoo/soap products.... screw down crowns..... clean water rinse.....

Now I'm slightly tempted to bundle a watch inside a pair of socks and pop it through the washing machine on a 30 degree warm wash cycle: has anyone ever done that?
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
JymKhana

Post by JymKhana »

tikkathree wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:26 am Hey, don't tell a soul but I shower wearing watches..... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: warm water.....shampoo/soap products.... screw down crowns..... clean water rinse.....

Now I'm slightly tempted to bundle a watch inside a pair of socks and pop it through the washing machine on a 30 degree warm wash cycle: has anyone ever done that?
I will admit to tossing my sub in the dishwasher before. In fact I've done it maybe 3 times in 30 years but I wouldn't suggest it. I will remove the watch from the strap first but I am planning on sending the NATO through the washing machine a few times to try and get some of the resin out of the fabric.

I think bringing it in the shower is fine and I have done it often. I am of the opinion that anything I do, the watch should be able to come along. I am glad to know that I am not the only whose expectations of a watch goes beyond looks.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

tikkathree wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:23 am
Automated "acknowledge receipt" email responses - don't you just love 'em? I'm currently playing pingpong with my telecomms provider and my challenge is to interact with a 'ooman!
The point was to illustrate that their policy is to check the watches. In this case they refunded me on the same day.