What’s your favourite C60 generation

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Re: What’s your favourite C60 generation

Post by 0uatiOW »

The Mk 2 Chr. Ward for me, not because it’s perfect but because it’s the model I first bought, and my Intro to CW watches. No doubt the Mk3 brought an improved case, bezel and bracelet, but in my view it gave up the logo at 12 in favour of a wordmark at 9, a textured dial in favour of a flat one, and a teardrop handset for a much plainer one. Now a combination of the best of both worlds would be killer for me. Oh, and in 40mm…..
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Mark 2 sans wavy line on the dial for me. Hence I bought the vintage with matt dial and ceramic bezel. It's still on the original strap as well (old pic though).

'Tis me
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

This….

23F95082-BEAC-4D1E-9A25-58325FAD7DFD.jpeg
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Boydesian
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Boydesian »

I happen to own my favorite: Mk. 1 Charcoal Bezel. Depending on the light, it looks black, gray, or slightly blue. (Although I consider the color to be closer to Graphite than Charcoal :wink: )

Whare hae ye been sae braw, lad?
Whare hae ye been sae brankie, O?
Whare hae ye been sae braw, lad?
Came ye by Killiecrankie, O?
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

Nice to see a such spread of opinion on the venerable C60 iterations.

For me the summary is:
Mk1 - the tool one, a bit dated perhaps but still has a certain charm. For me this kicked off the “punching above it’s weight” reputation.

Mk2 - the dressy one. Quality and sophistication increase over the mk1, sizing perhaps an issue with 38mm too small for some and 43mm too big for some. The mk2 (technically started by the c65) brought controversy of branding and logo position to a head.

Mk3 - the sporty one, improved again on the already decent mk2 with the widely praised light catcher case and took the brand to new heights to go head to head with the big brands. Perhaps held back by its workhorse movement.
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

Mk2 rules for me. The hands are way better than in the MK3 IMO.
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

Interesting to see the support for the various models and revisions. I’m a fan of the Mk3. I have a black/black 38mm GMT and the lustre of the glossy black absorbs me. While interesting, the wavy dial and teardrop hands don’t move me enough. I have some of the older, dressier CW models. The newest case of the Mk3 feels great. And it looks amazing.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

MK2.5 with the christopher Ward on left or right of the face and the classic trident hands.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

MK2 by a million miles
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

My 2 (2.5) in 43mm for me. I find the 3 very accomplished but lacking a bit of 'something' (maybe character or something equally unscientific) I returned the mk3 I purchased.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
jculver

Post by jculver »

I am firmly in the mk2 camp. The combination of the onion hands and old logo is it for me. Specifically the 43mm GMT. I have a black/black and am hunting for a red/ black and a green/black.
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Another vote for the/my Mk 2. Onion hands, wavy dial & 9 o'clock logo :) . I find the Mk1 to be too much of a homage, not that there is anything wrong with that but if I wanted a subby homage, I'd pay less, and I dislike the 'Chr.Ward' logo. No doubt the Mk 3 is the more accomplished watch but just not my favourite. There's no logic to that, just as when I look at my driving history my favourite car isn't technically the best.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left