Red Bezel color, all the same red?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jculver

Red Bezel color, all the same red?

Post by jculver »

In my search for a red bezel C60 GMT mk2, I have seen what appears to be two different red bezels. Is that true or an artifact of lighting and cameras? I like what looks darker more like a burgundy red. Not so much the lighter, brighter red.

If there are two different reds, are they associated with any date range or mkX?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Red Bezel color, all the same red?

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Check out the CWArchive.

I think you'll find all the C60 Mk2 ceramic bezels are the same colour, unless you've seen a non-GMT C60 Trident Mk2 300 with an aluminium bezel.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

I’ve owned a couple of red bezel C60s in mk2 flavour and both seemed the burgundy you are after.

I think the dial colour does make a bit of a difference though to the percived colour. I’ve never owned a white face one but to my eyes they do appear a bit brighter red, but I. Sure it’s just the contrast with the white dial
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
jculver

Post by jculver »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:33 pm Check out the CWArchive.

I think you'll find all the C60 Mk2 ceramic bezels are the same colour, unless you've seen a non-GMT C60 Trident Mk2 300 with an aluminium bezel.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
That is very good to hear. Thank you. My hunt continues then.
Thank you very much for the feedback.
jculver

Post by jculver »

johncolescarr wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:03 pm I’ve owned a couple of red bezel C60s in mk2 flavour and both seemed the burgundy you are after.

I think the dial colour does make a bit of a difference though to the percived colour. I’ve never owned a white face one but to my eyes they do appear a bit brighter red, but I. Sure it’s just the contrast with the white dial
Thank you for sharing your first hand experience. I think you are right about the dial color making a difference as well
Toph
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Toph »

I have a the MK3 red bezel ( I know you asked about the MK2 ) and different lighting conditions can make it look very very different when captured in a photo.
Where no counsel is the people fall but in a multitude of counsellors there is safety
Instagram @tophstewart
pizza_dog
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by pizza_dog »

I'm on the same quest, but for a 38mm case specifically. And I wouldn't mind a green bezel.

If you sent a watch in for service, would CW swap a bezel color for you? Do they even have Mk2 bezels sitting around?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

pizza_dog wrote:I'm on the same quest, but for a 38mm case specifically. And I wouldn't mind a green bezel.

If you sent a watch in for service, would CW swap a bezel color for you? Do they even have Mk2 bezels sitting around?
No. CW will not swap bezels for you but, yes, they do generally have replacements available to swap like for like if required, with the exception of some older models where inventory was limited. In that case, and a replacement is required due to damage they will replace with black.

As to a green bezel 38mm, I'm not sure they produced one but have a look through the C60 Tridents on the CWArchive and see what you can find.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

These users thanked the author downer for the post:
jkbarnes
Richard
pizza_dog
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by pizza_dog »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:32 amNo. CW will not swap bezels for you but, yes, they do generally have replacements available to swap like for like if required, with the exception of some older models where inventory was limited. In that case, and a replacement is required due to damage they will replace with black.
Thanks for the tip. 👍